Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 08:37 PM

2 posts, read 1,574 times

Advertisements

Hi

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I need to vent and hopefully get some feedback on my problem. I became a Mum around 10 weeks ago, I am nearly 20 years old. I had been with my partner for 2 years and although it wasn't planned I fell pregnant and we decided to keep the baby, he is 21 years old.

This may be a little TMI but here goes. Since I gave birth to my Son I haven't stopped bleeding for 10 weeks which is obviously not normal. I went for a scan last week because my Doctor was worried about me and I also had tests done. My tests came back that I have Chlamydia, I was really shocked at this because I had a test done when I first found out I was pregnant and they were all negative and I also hadn't slept with anyone else apart from my boyfriend, the doctor told me that the bleeding was caused by the chlamydia.

I got even more bad news, my Son also has chlamydia and it had been passed from me to him when I gave birth so my partner had cheated on me whilst I was pregnant. My Son has been having eye issues and also his breathing has been kind of erratic. The Doctor told me if the antibiotics he's prescribed me for him don't sort it out then we will need to bring him in for further checks.

I can't tell anyone what's going on, not even my Mum because I feel so disgusting and I just know people will judge me, even though it wasn't really my fault. I'd never in a million years put my son in harms way of anything if I could help it and I thought our relationship was good and that's why I had unprotected sex with the Father of my child whilst pregnant.

I'm really heartbroken guys, every time I look at my Son I feel like I'm going to cry. I feel like such an awful Mother and now I'm all alone because I don't want to be with his Dad anymore......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 08:44 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
Welcome new poster! What did your husband say when he learned of your diagnosis?

Surely you didn't lie when he asked you what the doctor said...

Old 11-28-2016, 08:47 PM

2 posts, read 1,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Welcome new poster! What did your husband say when he learned of your diagnosis?

Surely you didn't lie when he asked you what the doctor said...
Thank you.

He's not my Husband.

He didn't deny any of it, he was honest with me because I don't think there was any way of him getting out of it. He said he cheated on me once with some girl he met but I'm not that naive to think it was only the once he cheated with her. Either way I don't really want anything to do with him anymore.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:49 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,027,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenBen101 View Post
Hi

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I need to vent and hopefully get some feedback on my problem. I became a Mum around 10 weeks ago, I am nearly 20 years old. I had been with my partner for 2 years and although it wasn't planned I fell pregnant and we decided to keep the baby, he is 21 years old.

This may be a little TMI but here goes. Since I gave birth to my Son I haven't stopped bleeding for 10 weeks which is obviously not normal. I went for a scan last week because my Doctor was worried about me and I also had tests done. My tests came back that I have Chlamydia, I was really shocked at this because I had a test done when I first found out I was pregnant and they were all negative and I also hadn't slept with anyone else apart from my boyfriend, the doctor told me that the bleeding was caused by the chlamydia.

I got even more bad news, my Son also has chlamydia and it had been passed from me to him when I gave birth so my partner had cheated on me whilst I was pregnant. My Son has been having eye issues and also his breathing has been kind of erratic. The Doctor told me if the antibiotics he's prescribed me for him don't sort it out then we will need to bring him in for further checks.

I can't tell anyone what's going on, not even my Mum because I feel so disgusting and I just know people will judge me, even though it wasn't really my fault. I'd never in a million years put my son in harms way of anything if I could help it and I thought our relationship was good and that's why I had unprotected sex with the Father of my child whilst pregnant.

I'm really heartbroken guys, every time I look at my Son I feel like I'm going to cry. I feel like such an awful Mother and now I'm all alone because I don't want to be with his Dad anymore......
I am so sorry ((hugs)) it is NOT your fault. Can you go to a bible believing church for counseling? Or maybe there are support groups in your area? You have NOTHING to be ashamed of. If your boyfriend doesn't feel really bad about this, I am sorry to say, but leaving him is probably best. He's contracted a sexually transmitted disease and passed it onto an innocent baby who is suffering. He should be in excruciating misery right now for what he did. To both of you. Again, I am so sorry. I'll pray for you. He sounds like a real winner

Old 11-28-2016, 08:54 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
First of all, take a breath, Jen. It's not the end of the world. Chlamydia is curable and the symptoms your son is exhibiting are not unusual. It's not your fault. Just make sure you and your son are both treated and you follow the treatment and follow-up instructions.

As for your boyfriend, what you do regarding him is up to you. If you don't feel you can trust him then you know what you must do. Are you employed? Do you have a fallback option such as living with your parents for awhile. It's a lot think about and it sounds as if you're quite emotional right now, understandably. Relax for a time then truly think things through before you act.

Best of luck.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:11 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
First of all, take a breath, Jen. It's not the end of the world. Chlamydia is curable and the symptoms your son is exhibiting are not unusual. It's not your fault. Just make sure you and your son are both treated and you follow the treatment and follow-up instructions.

As for your boyfriend, what you do regarding him is up to you. If you don't feel you can trust him then you know what you must do. Are you employed? Do you have a fallback option such as living with your parents for awhile. It's a lot think about and it sounds as if you're quite emotional right now, understandably. Relax for a time then truly think things through before you act.

Best of luck.
What a nice, reassuring post. If it's treatable, then you'll be able to put all this behind you in the not-too-distant future, and will be able to move ahead on a more emotionally stable footing, OP.

Moving on to practicalities: have you given the father's name to the social services people, so that the child could get at least minimal child support?

I think you'll pull through this fine, OP. You'll feel better once you and the baby are well. Your mum does know she's a grandmother now, right? It's just the chlamydia she doesn't know about? It's not your fault; I think you should get as much support as you possibly can right now.

Take care. Best wishes.

Old 11-29-2016, 04:59 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,465,484 times
You don't have to tell anyone. Be sure your BF is treated also. Afterwards you can deal with his infidelity. Give him a chance to make it right.

Even if you don't stay together forever, behave yourself in such a way that he remains in your son's life as a willing participant. Try to relax. It's not the end of the world. Everyone will be much better off if you remain philosophical.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:07 AM

251 posts, read 188,620 times
It is not your fault and you and your son will be ok. I doubt I would tell anyone either, you'll both physically be alright so no one needs to know if you don't want to tell them. You're not a bad mom, you didn't do this to your baby. Focus on loving the little guy and try not to dwell on this with him.

As for the boyfriend, cheating on your pregnant girlfriend and having unprotected sex is a scumbag move and I think you're right not to believe that it was a one time thing. I don't know if I could forgive him but that's up to you to decide.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:12 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,988,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

Best of luck.
^^^^ Hugs from me, too.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:13 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenBen101 View Post
I can't tell anyone what's going on, not even my Mum because I feel so disgusting and I just know people will judge me, even though it wasn't really my fault.
Chlamydia is usually easily treatable. You need to tell the people close to you what happened. They'll only judge you if you don't throw the bum out. We all make relationship mistakes. You need the support of your family and friends to get through this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships