Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 11:38 AM

2 posts, read 2,566 times

Advertisements

I've been dating my guy for about 5 months now. He's 30 and I'm 27.

A few days ago, I had a rough day at work. I was very shaken by it. I came home around 8pm, took a shower, and I just laid down in my bed. My boyfriend calls me and we talk. We were supposed to go out to his close friend's birthday dinner at a lounge around 10pm. I told him what happened at work, and I thought it was best for me to stay home. I told him to have a good time, and just put in a good word for me. He told me he'll come see me right after the party and we hung up.

About 30 minutes later, my door bell rings and it's my boyfriend. He's dressed up to go to the party, but he came to see me before he went because he said he was worried. I was grateful. We hugged, I told him what happened, and we just deeply hugged. I never felt this way with him before. He gave me kisses on my forehead, cheeks, etc. He got a call from his friends asking where he was so I told him he should go and if it gets too late, we can see other each the next day. At the door, we just hugged closely again. I felt so safe with him. We just looked at each other, gazing at each other's eyes, and he just held by face. He tells me he doesn't want to go...and we were just silently looking at each other. He then tells me he loves me for the first time. I didn't say I love him yet. I just hugged him. I do love him, but I'm just so scared that this is too good to be true. He was leaving and he tells me he misses me already. We kiss and he goes to the party.

Why am I so scared?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 11:46 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
You could be "scared" for many reasons, though fear of ultimately being hurt is usually the big one.

Here's the truth, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

ALL great things in life involve taking calculated risks.

Your job is to learn to fine tune your gut instincts so you can be comfortable trusting them.

When you trust your instincts you'll make better choices that protect you from potential hurt.

You know your guy, we don't.

Is he a good man? Does anything about him throw up red flags for you?

If you are comfortable with the answers to those questions try not to let your fear of what might happen in the future keep you from sharing your feelings with him.

Fear based decisions are seldom good decisions

Old 05-05-2014, 11:49 AM

5,207 posts, read 4,667,902 times
As they say, there are no guarantees in life. But if you are so risk adverse that you won't even take a bit of a chance when all the signs are so positive, I say you are too scared to live.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:54 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,643,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You could be "scared" for many reasons, though fear of ultimately being hurt is usually the big one.

Here's the truth, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

ALL great things in life involve taking calculated risks.

Your job is to learn to fine tune your gut instincts so you can be comfortable trusting them.

When you trust your instincts you'll make better choices that protect you from potential hurt.

You know your guy, we don't.

Is he a good man? Does anything about him throw up red flags for you?

If you are comfortable with the answers to those questions try not to let your fear of what might happen in the future keep you from sharing your feelings with him.

Fear based decisions are seldom good decisions

This this this!

Just go with it. Don't worry.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:15 PM

231 posts, read 264,458 times
Aww this was a nice story.

I like the fact that he stopped by even for a few minutes because to be with you when he thought you need him. That's definitely a + .

You may be scared because you don't want to let your guards down and get hurt. but if he is worth it (which sounds so), you may want to relax and see where this relationship takes you.

Enjoy these moments.. they define life.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:16 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,120,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug21 View Post
Why am I so scared?

Because most people are scared of the unknown.
Go towards the light!

Old 05-05-2014, 12:24 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Is this the same guy you have been dating for about a month (according to the other thread you started 2 days ago)?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...y-like-me.html

Old 05-05-2014, 01:04 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,735,418 times
I think you're scared because you'll be caught in your lying posts thus far. Nice stories though, but I don't see being a romance writer in your future just yet. Keep trying though.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:40 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,138,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug21 View Post
I've been dating my guy for about 5 months now. He's 30 and I'm 27.

A few days ago, I had a rough day at work. I was very shaken by it. I came home around 8pm, took a shower, and I just laid down in my bed. My boyfriend calls me and we talk. We were supposed to go out to his close friend's birthday dinner at a lounge around 10pm. I told him what happened at work, and I thought it was best for me to stay home. I told him to have a good time, and just put in a good word for me. He told me he'll come see me right after the party and we hung up.

About 30 minutes later, my door bell rings and it's my boyfriend. He's dressed up to go to the party, but he came to see me before he went because he said he was worried. I was grateful. We hugged, I told him what happened, and we just deeply hugged. I never felt this way with him before. He gave me kisses on my forehead, cheeks, etc. He got a call from his friends asking where he was so I told him he should go and if it gets too late, we can see other each the next day. At the door, we just hugged closely again. I felt so safe with him. We just looked at each other, gazing at each other's eyes, and he just held by face. He tells me he doesn't want to go...and we were just silently looking at each other. He then tells me he loves me for the first time. I didn't say I love him yet. I just hugged him. I do love him, but I'm just so scared that this is too good to be true. He was leaving and he tells me he misses me already. We kiss and he goes to the party.

Why am I so scared?
Courage is the foundation of happiness.

If you really feel this way about him, you should really tell him so. By not telling him for fear of ending the relationship, you actually create a self-fulfilling prophecy. Because anyone who puts himself out there like that without some kind of reciprocal statement is going to wonder if he made a huge mistake of his own.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:41 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,138,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Is this the same guy you have been dating for about a month (according to the other thread you started 2 days ago)?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...y-like-me.html
Good get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships