Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 10:30 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,175,221 times

Advertisements

This to me is just so disturbing…

I mean if “Social experiments” are really the “Target” why not take a survey of women on online dating sites?
The other method is misleading and just weird….

Unless you are a Sociology Major working on your PHD and need to complete your dissertation? Why would you expend this much time? Wow…

You could have done your survey here without resorting to the latter…

You want the truth straight from the source? SOME MEN SABATOGE IT for others…

I know in a perfect world humanity would be inclined to be more trusting, treating everyone on a individual basis however with internet dating ( Another tool for busy professionals) to connect with other professionals in a setting that does not consist of a bar, loud music other options…

The truth? Guys are lewd on these sites..I feel they feel freedom of typing on a keyboard or their androids the boldness if you will to be dogs and dirty..

It is very hard for some women to make the distinction between a genuinely good guy and the cro-magnon types that lurk on these sites…

A few I.E’S?
1. I like your boobs..
2. Are those real
3. C cups?
4. Interested in having fun with a shaven well hung guy?
5. Care for some company tonight? I can host?
6. Whats your fave position?
7. “I would bring you to the brink of orgasm and just before you ***? I would make you scream I LOVE REPUBLICANS” ….REALLY? Who sais that?
I could go on and on, these were the top things I recall from my dating sites days and I hardly think it has changed much…
From the negative men emailing you because they do not fit what you are looking for….”I am sorry, I did not know I was the only woman on here!”

To the men that state “I know I could never get a girl like you but wanted to say hi” Excuse me, a self defeated attitude is not attractive…

There is a difference to those that behave poorly and those that are genuinely interested but not hard up on replies…

And please do not write a message that looks copy and pasted…Because we do have friends on here and we do compare notes…lol…

I recall several guys that hit on me and one of my best friends back in the day and they sent identical messages ( 2 paragraphs) really? Originality goes a long way…
Again I could go on and on,…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 10:40 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,802,968 times
When you woman walk around in public with a tight, firm frown on your face and eyes locked into the distance ahead like twin lasers and acting like you have a ponderosa tree shoved up your butts, your not the most approachable of creatures, let alone wanting to warm up to looking and behaving like that.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:46 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Several guys in this thread say they've pretended to be women online. You're not the only guy who does it.
These guys come on this forum and b*tch about women and in the end we find out they are just screwing with each other. It's rich.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:52 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,175,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
These guys come on this forum and b*tch about women and in the end we find out they are just screwing with each other. It's rich.
Girl….I will tell you the jist right now…

There are some guys that are truly not into this type of behavior!
I recall meeting a really nice guy online and he was skeptical about meeting women online…
He stated once we exchanged numbers for me to send him a pic and then sent me a text later…stating…” lol my boy stated that I am probably texting to some sick sob 40 year old dude with a gut and hairy back eating a bag of Doritos”

Ahahahahaha Pretty much sums up this thread!!!

When we finally met, he introduced me to his friend…”I invited him to watch a friends band play”
No commitments other than we would be there at the same time..lol.. His friend stated “Where do I sign up”

Old 02-28-2013, 11:00 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
Girl….I will tell you the jist right now…

There are some guys that are truly not into this type of behavior!
I recall meeting a really nice guy online and he was skeptical about meeting women online…
He stated once we exchanged numbers for me to send him a pic and then sent me a text later…stating…” lol my boy stated that I am probably texting to some sick sob 40 year old dude with a gut and hairy back eating a bag of Doritos”

Ahahahahaha Pretty much sums up this thread!!!

When we finally met, he introduced me to his friend…”I invited him to watch a friends band play”
No commitments other than we would be there at the same time..lol.. His friend stated “Where do I sign up”
I don't blame guys for being wary, that's for sure. I think the shared commonalities of b*tching about women online, which is a specific breed of male, and the type of behavior surfacing in this thread couldn't be more fitting. Of course they're screwing with each other.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:06 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
People that post fake pics and profiles r sick
I would not take advice from them ESP if they faked their gender as well

Old 02-28-2013, 11:07 PM

13,660 posts, read 9,727,106 times
All of this begs a naive, but very crucial question: why is modern dating so difficult?

Old 02-28-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
All of this begs a naive, but very crucial question: why is modern dating so difficult?

Cause both genders are equally hurt, pissed, betrayed, bitter, lonely and depressed nowadays.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:12 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
Cause both genders are equally hurt, pissed, betrayed, bitter, lonely and depressed nowadays.

Speak for yourself.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Speak for yourself.
I rest my case
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships