Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 01:44 PM

89 posts, read 116,504 times

Advertisements

So I am on OKC for about a month. Have over 1200 likes, not sure if that means much.
But I have at least 3 guys just gone.
First one date and it was OK. Sent txt that he had fun like 45 mins after it ended. Said I am easy to talk to. I reply 24 hr later saying I am glad about that and then nothing. Was not even active online for few days. Did he reject me? Or did he taught I rejected him?
Second guy send msg and then delets his profile. Comes back after a week and we start convo and back and forth. Have little time to go out so I give him a date that is 2 weeks ahead. He says he is OK with that. Finally 2 days before this he cancel the date. Asks me out again but I have friends birthday party's to go to. Have not heard of him again. Wondering did he suggest Fri just so I can decline and let me off easy.
Third guy ( claims to be a lawyer but gives an impression of a shy guy) asks me out gives me his # and says he will contact me but nothing. I suppose he met somebody else. Or should I txt him and ask? I figure after 3 days if he did not txt he is not interested. Am I coming across as to cold? He was online yesterday so he must have time. How much time it takes to txt. I am leaning more that he cooled off.
Few other guys asked out only to wuss out later, one i had lot in common also deletd his profile hours after we spent good amount of evening chatting.
Why is this happening? Is this common? I use to be able to at least get out through one date before one of us runs away. Are they really all meeting better looking, cooler girls? I am good looking but not witty, not flirty. Is that my problem? Maybe I am not asking right questions, but what possibly I should be asking to get a date. I cannot imagine then rejecting me just for bring online. Anybody been in this situation?

Last edited by southwestW; 07-30-2015 at 02:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 02:38 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,142,781 times
While you are waiting for a text or call, time is not waiting for you.. Don't let the future haunt you with memories of what could have been. 1st guy, Make a call and get a clue. 2nd guy, call first guy. 3rd guy, the divorce would be ugly.. Sounds like cold feet all around.. Send me your pic maybe I'll call. Sometimes guys beat around the bush.. but you should be able to tell by the sound of their voice.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:01 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,120 times
its online dating, dont be surprised about this. It has likely nothing to do with you. People are usually dating multiple people at once till they find someone they want to settle down with (if thats what they want). Just keep plugging away.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:11 PM

I know it is not as personal as I make it sound it just baffles me that one guy would shut his profile down after talking to me. I am not biting.
Average looking guys are real wusses. Why are they even asking if they cannot follow through? I went out with embarrassingly high number of people online and never got this behavior.
And this lawyers dude, I like him. I want to txt him but I feel like he is not interested and I still have a hard time digesting rejection. I even posted cute pic of me in a dress and nothing.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:42 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestW View Post
I know it is not as personal as I make it sound it just baffles me that one guy would shut his profile down after talking to me. I am not biting.
Average looking guys are real wusses. Why are they even asking if they cannot follow through? I went out with embarrassingly high number of people online and never got this behavior.
And this lawyers dude, I like him. I want to txt him but I feel like he is not interested and I still have a hard time digesting rejection. I even posted cute pic of me in a dress and nothing.
so one or two guys flaking out and now all average guys are wusses? Seriously though, if ur gonna get bent out of shape over a couple of guys from online dating flaking out, u should reconsider doing it. People are usually dating multiple people, he may of found a girl he really connected with and decided to concentrate on her. Its not like these guys had been going on multiple dates with u, they dont really owe u anything.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:35 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestW View Post
So I am on OKC for about a month. Have over 1200 likes, not sure if that means much.
But I have at least 3 guys just gone.
First one date and it was OK. Sent txt that he had fun like 45 mins after it ended. Said I am easy to talk to. I reply 24 hr later saying I am glad about that and then nothing. Was not even active online for few days. Did he reject me? Or did he taught I rejected him?
Second guy send msg and then delets his profile. Comes back after a week and we start convo and back and forth. Have little time to go out so I give him a date that is 2 weeks ahead. He says he is OK with that. Finally 2 days before this he cancel the date. Asks me out again but I have friends birthday party's to go to. Have not heard of him again. Wondering did he suggest Fri just so I can decline and let me off easy.
Third guy ( claims to be a lawyer but gives an impression of a shy guy) asks me out gives me his # and says he will contact me but nothing. I suppose he met somebody else. Or should I txt him and ask? I figure after 3 days if he did not txt he is not interested. Am I coming across as to cold? He was online yesterday so he must have time. How much time it takes to txt. I am leaning more that he cooled off.
Few other guys asked out only to wuss out later, one i had lot in common also deletd his profile hours after we spent good amount of evening chatting.
Why is this happening? Is this common? I use to be able to at least get out through one date before one of us runs away. Are they really all meeting better looking, cooler girls? I am good looking but not witty, not flirty. Is that my problem? Maybe I am not asking right questions, but what possibly I should be asking to get a date. I cannot imagine then rejecting me just for bring online. Anybody been in this situation?

A lot of those hit-and-run chatters are really married. They are on business travel, their wives or away, or they're at work and bored, so they go online and chat people up to pass the time.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
A lot of those hit-and-run chatters are really married. They are on business travel, their wives or away, or they're at work and bored, so they go online and chat people up to pass the time.
I suppose that is the case. I guess I am a little out of the whole thing. I did online dating heavily back in the My Space days. I was among the first to get POF that was not so bad as it is these days. Funnily enough back in 2006 I met a guy on Craigslist. He was like nicest guy ever. the guy that probably liked me the most.

I just felt like I am good at this. I have done it for years. Iguess I was wrong. dated a lot but I got married and things have changed. I suppose I forgot to take it all a bit less serious. There is no shortage of massages but so far it looks like they were either married or made a connection with another girl. I just hate competition and many girls are online now. Feel like you have more then just looks to make a connection. Looks are even making it harder. In the past I did not really have to work hard to get a guy. I guess I am overthinking this. I do know people lie more now. They can't all be engineers, pilots,lawyers and doctors that love hiking, snowboarding and traveling the world. Who has time for all that?

Old 07-30-2015, 05:27 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,361,425 times
I have read about several people saying people shut down their profile after meeting up or sending message. No big deal and it is better that those who do that do it before you get interested in them more--right?

Best thing is when you are doing the online dating, do it as a "fun" kind of thing. Keep your expectations of what you think others should do down and just do what is comfortable for you to do. You are going to meet quite a few men who after chatting and/or emailing them you won't want to meet face-to-face. Remember, when it stops being "fun" and you start getting self-conscious about "was it something I did or said or something about me?" maybe check out other alternatives.
I checked out online dating and most of the guys pictures in my area and their profiles seemed creepy to me. I didn't pursue it for any length of time.
Good luck.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:34 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
True, and even if they're not, this behavior is pretty common in online dating. There are people who are sincerely looking to meet somebody, but there are also a LOOOOT of people who are just scoping out what's out there, and don't have big intentions of following through on much, other than occasional hookups at most. Lots of people are talking to multiple people at once, and when they fall off the face of the Earth, it's sometimes because they were talking to you and a half dozen (or more) other people simultaneously, and things progressed along further and faster with one of those. Don't take it personally, it just goes with the territory.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:46 PM

576 posts, read 824,460 times
Yea that's what happens online dating sites. some of these people are probably going on dates with multiple people since they have allot of options and are getting 100 messages on day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships