Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2013, 08:42 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,149,801 times

Advertisements

Times are tough. I had to take this timeshare sales job, which is not a scam but I disagree with their practices and approach. I am slugging through it because I have to, and because of Victoria. She sits across the cubicle with that big boned smile, wearing a light green scarf and tweed sweater. The Kinks songs Victoria is going through my head. THing is I am not going to make it at this job. I am not aggressive enough. I can sell, but I am not bloodthirsty like you have to be to get deals. I think I should approach her and say look this job ain't for me, but we should have dinner after I either quit or get fired. I secretly looked her up on fb but am holding off on adding her as a friend. How should I do this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 08:44 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times
After you quit or are fired, call her. Hey, there's an upside to everything, isn't there!

Old 03-08-2013, 08:12 AM

Well as predicted I got fired. Anyway, the following will be posted to her on fb. Hello Victoria, this is ------. I was briefly at ________ but was let go yesterday. As you know I have a great voice, but the type of sales at your work does not suit me. It was a nice amicable parting of ways. ________ even suggested I try a certain place nearby and said he would be a reference. Anyway, the short time I was there I enjoyed talking to you and find you to be quite attractive. I like the way you dress and your pleasant demeanor. I would like to meet up with you for drinks and dinner sometime soon.

Is this good?

Old 03-08-2013, 08:52 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,739,368 times
I think your beginning is too tentative. She sat across a cubicle from you. Doesn't she know your name? Did you ever smile or say hi? You said that you enjoyed talking to her, so assume she knows who you are!

Hello Victoria, this is L from Vacation Builders. It didn't work out for me there, and I am sorry that I did not have a chance to say goodbye or even really get to know you better. I can't say that I miss booking those appointments, but I do miss seeing your smile and the way you are so helpful to everybody. I enjoyed talking to you and would like to meet up with you for drinks and dinner sometime soon.

... Or whatever. Use your own voice. But not so timid in the beginning, and a little lighter on the "I find you to be quite attractive," especially if she only barely knows you. And if she writes back and is friendly, ask her on a date (set a time and place, not "sometime soon").

Old 03-08-2013, 09:32 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,831,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Hello Victoria, this is L from Vacation Builders. It didn't work out for me there, and I am sorry that I did not have a chance to say goodbye or even really get to know you better. I can't say that I miss booking those appointments, but I do miss seeing your smile and the way you are so helpful to everybody. I enjoyed talking to you and would like to meet up with you for drinks and dinner sometime soon.
Julia, that is very well put together, hopefully loose cannon can use most of it.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:21 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,030,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
Julia, that is very well put together, hopefully loose cannon can use most of it.
I agree with Julia's suggestions. Avoid commenting on her dress, "demeanor," or how gorgeous she is as you don't want her to think you spent your days there leering at her from your cubicle while (apparently) never speaking to her.

Also leave out the details about your firing. Not relevant to your attempt to get to know her.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:13 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,493,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post

How should I do this?
Like this:

Approach her and say, "Look this job ain't for me, but we should have dinner after I either quit or get fired."

[you already know what to do]

Old 03-08-2013, 12:38 PM

Thanks Julia, I used most of what you wrote.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:54 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,285,593 times
Let us know how it goes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships