Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 12:04 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonterrier7 View Post
Yes. I want to become a travel agent; anything that has to do with meeting people from different cultures and learning parts of other languages on the way.
Does this involve going to college, or are you just heading straight into the world to seek your fortune?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 12:04 PM

286 posts, read 417,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Agreed. Not all men will "get with anything with a vagina." A lot of men are with overweight women because they can't do better, yes. But when I say that I don't mean it the same way a lot of others mean it. What I mean is that the person they are with is the perfect match for them, and to that man, he really can't do any better. This is exactly how I feel about my wife. I wouldn't trade her for any other woman, I really can't find anyone better than her.
This post made me smile.

As an overweight woman myself, I have had my share of suitors who look beyond my appearance to my personality and qualities. Despite most of the replies to this thread, there are decent men (keyword: men) who don't discount a person or a potential relationship due to a woman's weight.

Please forgive any typos or grammatical errors, I am posting on my phone!

Old 03-16-2013, 12:08 PM

14 posts, read 59,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Yikes! Tell them your gay.
Yeah, I guess I should try that one. Haven't thought about but sounds like a good comeback.

I recalled the worst rejection I ever got in junior high. I asked this other cute girl at the 8th grade bouquet if she wanted to dance with me. I was got old ''With you, I don't think so, you're not my type, bye'' and she had a disgusted look on her face.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Does this involve going to college, or are you just heading straight into the world to seek your fortune?
Yes, this is what I want to study.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:13 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I'm currently in 12th grade (I'll be graduating this year) and well none of the girls I'm interest in like me in return; only those two I don't like physically.

Why? I know I'm good looking, participate in school activities, I'm friendly with everyone and I'm not chubby (I'm 6'1 and 180 Ibs). So why do only chubby girls have a crush on me and only those 2 particular I'm going to mention. Just because I was friendly with those girls, they already have the wrong idea that I want to date them sometime.Or I'm I just limited to chubby and/or unattractive girls?

I'm usually friendly to everyone at school but these particular chubby girls (one is heavier but ok looking and the other is just not attractive) seem to want to hang out with me more.

I always give them excuses such ''Sorry but I got family reunion'' or ''Gotta really study for my finals but maybe next time''. I accidentally overheard Lynn (the heavier but not so bad looking girl) talking to her friend about how she has a crush on me since 7th grade and how she wants to know me better but I'm always busy.

The other girl, Katia (who is fairly ugly, has braces and glasses) also likes me. I can tell because she sometimes seems to stay after school in history class; supposely to help out the teacher grading exams and homeworks but why always when I'm there or how she smiles at me. I only talked to her as a person but then once she said ''Brian, if you're not doing anything I was wondering if we could hang out''. I made an excuse but she ''Ok, let me know''.
It's highschool. Wait until college, there will be a much larger pool to fish in. And by then, you may have matured some, and realized that some of those chubby girls have hearts of gold, and could be interesting to talk to and hang out with.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:14 PM

I think if time starts slipping by and only chubby girls go after me, I might have to give up looking for my dream girl and settle for a less heavier one that's average in looks. This is if I get older and nothing changes.

I hope things change in the near future and that girl I'm looking for will come.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:15 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Yeah, I guess I should try that one. Haven't thought about but sounds like a good comeback.

I recalled the worst rejection I ever got in junior high. I asked this other cute girl at the 8th grade bouquet if she wanted to dance with me. I was got old ''With you, I don't think so, you're not my type, bye'' and she had a disgusted look on her face.
OK, so we know that you're not as good-looking as you think you are. Either that, or you're geeky, or something.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:16 PM

286 posts, read 417,855 times
Quote:
I think if time starts slipping by and only chubby girls go after me, I might have to give up looking for my dream girl and settle for a less heavier one that's average in looks. This is if I get older and nothing changes.

I hope things change in the near future and that girl I'm looking for will come.
You might not want to hear this since you don't realize it now, but your dream girl may in fact be one of the "chubby" ones.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:16 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Yes, this is what I want to study.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's highschool. Wait until college, there will be a much larger pool to fish in. And by then, you may have matured some, and realized that some of those chubby girls have hearts of gold, and could be interesting to talk to and hang out with.
R4T made my point before I could. OP, give yourself time. You will no doubt grow and mature along the way and perhaps even change the way you think about these types of things. Your priorities will change as well. Just keep an open mind about life's experiences and be ready to recognize a good opportunity when you see it.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, so we know that you're not as good-looking as you think you are. Either that, or you're geeky, or something.
Well, I was a shorter than many girls in 8th grade and maybe a bit of a geek with my childlike face and voice but not too much. I've grown a lot since the ending of my freshman year and at the same time my voice got deeper. But even after that, nothing changed much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships