Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 08:35 PM

9 posts, read 47,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybearxo View Post
hey i moved here from new york three years ago.beautiful place.but not many single men around here.not that im looking.but hey you never know.everyone is very friendly down here.most men i find only want sex.sex is fine but i want a permanent relationship to go with it.looks like its not happening for me.but thats ok.i still have memories of one great love a had.have a great day everyone.
happy halloween.dont let the goblins get you.
honeybearxo:
Some times I thought about should I give up the permanent relationship thing. At least I want to date with a man who looks ok and can have some fun with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 09:04 PM

9 posts, read 47,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Something else occured to me. We single women are told we have to "get out there and find these guys". Well, how come it doesn't go both ways? If there WERE single men looking to date older single women, they would be looking too and meet us half way, so to speak. All of the seeking wouldn't be on the woman's side.
How come it is only the women looking? That tells us something!
guys who are aggresive already found someone?

Old 11-04-2007, 06:52 AM

11 posts, read 35,390 times
Austin has more guys than gals. Reason being economic supply and demand. This is a high tech unversity city. What gender are most computer geeks? They move here from all over. We need more nice looking, smart woman here. Dont get me wrong the woman here are fantastic but the numbers are not balanced. Many of the guys here have good jobs and this is a hip town with lots of traffic and rampant growth. Male California's would hate this place.

Last edited by paulmss2; 11-04-2007 at 07:00 AM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 11-04-2007, 11:18 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
I would think it would be hard to just move somewhere to be around more men. Numbers don't mean a lot. A lot of men who are older seem to be single, because that's what they want. If they wanted a wife, they would have one.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:58 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,401,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acupoftea View Post
I am over 40, looking to move to another city or town with more single men and people are friendly and say hello to you. I am tired of live in NYC, there are so many wonderful and beautiful women being single or dating with old, desperate men. I want to have someone that we care and love each other and get married eventually. I don't care of so what culture, if you are smart enough, you create culture.
Any suggestion? which town has more single men for women over 40?
please advice.
PM when you find the place. 44 year old woman here.

greenie

Old 11-04-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
If you want to find single men you should move out West. There are more men than women on the West Coast. The Los Angeles area has the most surplus men in raw numbers. Where I live in Las Vegas is filled with excess men. The East Coast is the exact opposite,there are more women than men. In raw numbers, Where you are, NYC, has the most women over men.

This has been the case throughout U.S history. As the saying says "Go West young man". Many single men have moved West for opportunity, while most women stay near their hometowns to be near family and friends.

I believe sex ratio is of supreme importance in dating, years ago I picked a college partially based on the fact that it had close to a 2:1 female sex ratio. Sure enough, I met so many women and had a wonderful time. When I moved back to Vegas I dated far less because everywhere I went it was a sausage fest...dudes everywhere!

If you want to see an interesting map that shows where the guys and gals live do a search on National Geographic singles map.
Los Angeles = not a good place to find SERIOUS single men, just players.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
People might think you and I are exaggerating about this area...but it is a barren no-man-over-40-land.

My parents live in northern Michigan. After my divorce two things happened.

One...their neighbor sold his plane (my parents drive way in an air field) and the two men who bought it, flew a plane from Indianapolis (where they live), landed on the air field, worked on the 2nd plane while the neighbors fired up the grill pit and had a big cookout for them. Then both men each flew a plane back to Indianapolis.

"Mom....did you happen to mention to them that your daughter lives in Indianapolis?"

"Gosh dear, it didn't occur to me."

Second thing that happened. Their neighbor brought his new bride over for introductions. He had been single a long time and does a lot of traveling. His new bride? A forty something woman who lives within 10 miles of me here in central Indiana.

The majority of the time I spend with my parents, now, is us driving around looking at new cabins and gorgous log homes; and one of my parents saying:

"Why can't you find a man who will build you a dream cabin."

I'm like....well apparently there were three in your own backyard and the light bulbs didn't go off.
my parents don't want me to marry either. they want me to grow old taking care of them, which is why I am leaving next week.

greenie

Old 01-02-2008, 10:44 AM

22 posts, read 107,358 times
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE post the ideal place for a 40 something woman to meet a decent man!!! Don't come to Montana, it is completely devoid of attractive, available men over 35! I swear that men over 35 are the biggest crybabies. If you happen to date one, you will have to listen to their sob stories. OMG, it goes on and on. I don't know where any REAL men are, but it's not here! I am looking to relocate, also. I would so love to meet an attractive, available man who is NOT hung up on the past, is ready to get to know someone for who they are, NOT who the ex-wife/girlfriend was....I AM NOT HER, so please stop expecting me to do what she did. Let it go, or go back to it, but leave me out of it!!!!!!!! Chill out and maybe you might have some fun!

Old 01-02-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArabiansRule View Post
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE post the ideal place for a 40 something woman to meet a decent man!!! Don't come to Montana, it is completely devoid of attractive, available men over 35! I swear that men over 35 are the biggest crybabies. If you happen to date one, you will have to listen to their sob stories. OMG, it goes on and on. I don't know where any REAL men are, but it's not here! I am looking to relocate, also. I would so love to meet an attractive, available man who is NOT hung up on the past, is ready to get to know someone for who they are, NOT who the ex-wife/girlfriend was....I AM NOT HER, so please stop expecting me to do what she did. Let it go, or go back to it, but leave me out of it!!!!!!!! Chill out and maybe you might have some fun!
If you want to meet a man, you have to put yourself out there. Finding a man is practically a full time job. You have to go to every party you're invited to, join clubs, sign up on internet dating sites, and so on. You also have to realize that people aren't perfect. You'll never find 100% of everything you are look for in one person, so you'll have to figure out what areas you are willing to compromise in, and settle for maybe 50-60% of what you want. So the message is the same for you, chill out and maybe you will have some fun.

Good luck,

greenie

Old 01-02-2008, 11:47 AM

22 posts, read 107,358 times
I hope you are not suggesting that I should be more tolerant of men with teary eyes telling me all about their ex's on a first date? Cuz I will never be interested in that! If you are, well then, there are plenty out there for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships