Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2013, 07:00 PM

734 posts, read 933,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
But are you at least open to the idea that a man can make good money and be just as educated as you without even graduating from college? People, such as myself, are autodidacts.
Yes, but it all boils down to cultural similarities. Will this man enjoy hiking, going to various museums, attending plays/musicals, traveling around the globe, reading various books, discussing current events on a regular basis, saving substantially for retirement and his future children's private education?

Old 03-21-2013, 07:02 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Those guys went to Rio and married prostitutes. This is so sad.
Umm, Brazilian women are HOT! WOW!!

Guys go right to 20:00!!!

Rio Fashion Week - Ass Shaking and Transsexual Supermodels - YouTube

Old 03-21-2013, 07:05 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Yes, but it all boils down to cultural similarities. Will this man enjoy hiking, going to various museums, attending plays/musicals, traveling around the globe, reading various books, discussing current events on a regular basis, saving substantially for retirement and his future children's private education?
How does saving for retirement, traveling, reading etc relate to cultural similarities? Are you saying that only white guys are interested?

Old 03-21-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Why do you find it "so sad"?
It's sad because they are praising prostitutes in Brazil and comparing them to educated professional black women.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
well at least they got their green card
Yep and once they get it, they will be out the door.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:08 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
How does saving for retirement, traveling, reading etc relate to cultural similarities? Are you saying that only white guys are interested?
Amazing isnt it. This is why I keep coming back to CD.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
I am stating that those are my interest, and when I was looking for a life partner, I wanted a man who shared those interests. This has nothing to do with color.

So many women do not understand the importance of compatibility. It's really best to find someone who shares a similar lifestyle. If you don't, you'll find yourself constantly arguing and even worst, not having the same overall goals and this can be disastrous.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:10 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
But are you at least open to the idea that a man can make good money and be just as educated as you without even graduating from college? People, such as myself, are autodidacts.
It's not all about the money for me. Without even knowing what a guy does for a living, I will judge him based on the way he speaks and carries himself. If you don't have a college degree and you speak and present yourself in a professional manner, I wouldn't have a problem with that. On the other hand, if a guy presents himself like an idiot, having a college degree wouldn't make things better.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
I didn't say I have never experienced it, I said that your world of 15 year old girls doesn't tell the whole story. I have a confidence level that teens don't have. Why not preach confidence to them instead of crying?
I can not compensate for their daily experiences. I am simply pointing out that colorism does impact young black girls and destroys their confidence. Many of these experiences are hard to erase.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:19 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
Quote:
It's sad because they are praising prostitutes in Brazil and comparing them to educated professional black women.
Egh it seems you have a bias against prostitutes. as I have a bias for prostitutes. It's understandable to me that they're praising prostitutes considering how it seems most guys regard and treat gals as prostitutes so with actual prostitutes they actually get the results they think they should get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships