Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 10:54 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times

Advertisements

start asking yourself why you love this person, NOT what you love about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 01:38 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky2Sharks View Post
A couple weeks ago my boyfriend dumped me for another woman. I took the break-up hard I'm still a little bitter but I'm managing. I still care for this man.

I talked to my aunt who knows him and she says he's going through disrepair because he just paid all of his new girlfriend bills that has been backed up for a few months, and he bought his girlfriends kids New clothes. After all that his new girlfriend told him that she needs a break and he should leave her alone for a while.

I want to call him and let him know that I'm here for him . But my girlfriends insist that I stay away before my obsession with him starts again. ( I'm not obsessed they go way overboard sometime)

I need opinions city data.
Directed towards the OP…

I am not understanding you correctly or perhaps I am reading this wrong..?

You stated that your B/F broke up with you a couple of weeks ago..He basically dumped you for this other woman?

1. I am not callous, quite the opposite, I can see where this has been hard for you since you were not “done” with the relationship, you most likely still harbor all the same feelings you have for him since to you?
You did not want to end the relationship…

2. It I obvious per your post that your new ex b/f did want to end his relationship with you and pursue this with her…

So NOW there is this new development with him, he got duped by the new girl after he paid her bills and bought her child new clothes…

This my dear Is called karma…There is nothing you can do or should do..

This is in fact called a natural consequence of someone’s hasty actions..

I understand being A “good” person and wanting to extend yourself in the event he would need “you”….

However where Is your self respect and self love?
This is someone you may have trusted and loved…and expected the same in kind,
I do not think he was thinking of your feelings or discord when he made the decision to break up with you…

I would honestly pray for him and move forward and hopefully lessoned learned on his behalf…

Old 04-01-2013, 03:02 PM

177 posts, read 303,238 times
Soo I guess he's ready to step on his favorite doormat again.

I did take everyones advice and I didn't call. I just left the situation be. However now he's texting me and leaving voicemails saying he can't trust no one but me. A part of me is afraid to talk to him, because I'm pretty sure with the way he's feeling he just want a distraction and knowing me I'll convince myself thats its something more then our cycle repeats. I don't want it.

I don't want him...yep.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:06 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,030,837 times
Please just delete and block his number!

Self Esteem - The offspring - YouTube

Old 04-01-2013, 03:13 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,664 times
Wow you are really nice. He's made his bed.....

Old 04-01-2013, 03:14 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,085,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Do not do not do not call him! He is a big boy, he made big boy decisions. If he wants to open up lines of communication by apologizing, great--but do not feel guilty/bad because he made poor choices.
This exactly!

Old 04-01-2013, 03:18 PM

837 posts, read 961,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
???
He dumped you once, he might dump you twice. It's that what you want??
"Dump me once, shame on you. Dump me twice, shame on me??" I love it.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:26 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,422,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky2Sharks View Post
However now he's texting me and leaving voicemails saying he can't trust no one but me. A part of me is afraid to talk to him, because I'm pretty sure with the way he's feeling he just want a distraction and knowing me I'll convince myself thats its something more then our cycle repeats. I don't want it.
Don't you DARE answer his texts/voicemails. You SHOULD be afraid to talk to him...you know you'll get sucked right back in. Give yourself time...LOTS of time...to heal your broken heart. You deserve someone better than this. Good luck!

Old 04-01-2013, 03:32 PM

177 posts, read 303,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Please just delete and block his number!

Self Esteem - The offspring - YouTube
Ugh, my self esteem is fine. I did check this out though. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships