Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 10:02 AM

177 posts, read 303,108 times

Advertisements

A couple weeks ago my boyfriend dumped me for another woman. I took the break-up hard I'm still a little bitter but I'm managing. I still care for this man.

I talked to my aunt who knows him and she says he's going through disrepair because he just paid all of his new girlfriend bills that has been backed up for a few months, and he bought his girlfriends kids New clothes. After all that his new girlfriend told him that she needs a break and he should leave her alone for a while.

I want to call him and let him know that I'm here for him . But my girlfriends insist that I stay away before my obsession with him starts again. ( I'm not obsessed they go way overboard sometime)

I need opinions city data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 10:04 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,192 times
If you're still on friendly terms and can handle the nature of his situation, I'd say contact him. If you think you may fall for him all over again, tread very carefully as you still have your own feelings to consider.

--Dim

Old 03-29-2013, 10:08 AM

4,489 posts, read 10,944,761 times
Do not do not do not call him! He is a big boy, he made big boy decisions. If he wants to open up lines of communication by apologizing, great--but do not feel guilty/bad because he made poor choices.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:14 AM

177 posts, read 303,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
If you're still on friendly terms and can handle the nature of his situation, I'd say contact him. If you think you may fall for him all over again, tread very carefully as you still have your own feelings to consider.

--Dim
That's the thing. I'm not sure what terms we are post break-up. He hasn't contact me since the "we are over" call.

I do still love him.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:17 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky2Sharks View Post
That's the thing. I'm not sure what terms we are post break-up. He hasn't contact me since the "we are over" call.

I do still love him.
Ok, in that case I'd avoid contact with him. You already know you still have feelings for him, and he hasn't reached out to you. You're just opening the door for more pain if you get rejected again...

--Dim

Old 03-29-2013, 10:20 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,067 times
The question is do you care about him or do you care about you and what you want from him? It doesn't usually serve to have an agenda, but look, if you go to him now, he will just use you whenever she dumps his as*. She will likely need him in the future for money , company, sex or whatever and he will probably come running- ESPECIALLY if you let him know you will always be his soft place to land. Just stay away. This is actually best for you and best for your agenda with him, which we can only assume is to be with him. He's got to earn his way back in, not just come to you when his first choice (sorry if that's hard to hear) dumps him. You must change and show him you don't need him and let him feel his own pain so that MAYBE - and it's a big maybe- he will act right with you. This is not a good path to go down, to be his comforter. He will want you more when he thinks he can't have you . . .Give this some thought. and some time. You can always go to him later. Let his situation reach it's rock bottom. I doubt that it has. YET.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:20 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Quote:
A couple weeks ago my boyfriend dumped me for another woman.
Quote:

I do still love him.
???
He dumped you once, he might dump you twice. It's that what you want??

Old 03-29-2013, 10:22 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Sounds like his new woman just used him to pay off her bills and then tossed him aside. To think he dumped you for that. I would never talk to someone that did that to me.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:24 AM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
^^^^ This!!! I agree!!

Old 03-29-2013, 10:25 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Sounds like his new woman just used him to pay off her bills and then tossed him aside. To think he dumped you for that. I would never talk to someone that did that to me.
Exactly.

Just because you love him is no reason to tie yourself to him.

I would not want to be with someone who showed such poor decision-making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships