Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 11:01 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,745,007 times

Advertisements

Hoping to keep this light & amusing.

What's the worst/most awkward/funniest place a date ever took you?

I have a very severe seafood allergy; I briefly dated someone who kept trying to take me for sushi.

Most awkward would be a guy I dated once in high school. He picked me up and asked if I minded if we made a quick detour to drop something off at a family friends' house for his mom. We had plenty of time, I didn't mind... Until we walked in and I realized the house was sitting shiva. He was dropping off some pastries. Talk about mortifying!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 11:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
A dinner where clearly only old people went.

Good food. But awkward.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:12 PM
M45

405 posts, read 654,003 times
Does hiding out in her bushes guarding against her ex coming home count? lol

A stakeout date......lol

I'm so useful.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:36 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
I win, a swingers party no kidding. He asked if I wanted to go to a party and I said okay. We arrive and there are women in sexy costumes serving drinks and not giving it much thought. That is until he told me he was going to take me upstairs to the "play room". He asked if I wanted to watch or participate and I said I wasn't into having sex with random strangers. He knew a couple there and started to engage in sex with both the man and the woman. Meanwhile several creepy men came up to me and I said no thanks.

Long story short I thought of calling someone but my parents were out of town and so were many of my friends (at least the ones where I had their numbers and would have called). So I patiently waited until he was done, then when he called again told him I would never see him again.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:30 AM

2,279 posts, read 4,745,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I win, a swingers party no kidding. He asked if I wanted to go to a party and I said okay.
Wow. You win.

Who the heck takes someone to a swingers party without letting them know?!?

Old 05-06-2013, 10:13 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
A strange facility called a "restaurant". You are not allowed in the kitchen, And they have only a select listing of certain foods available. After you choose it they bring it to you. It must be risky because the person who brought the food returned and asked it we were "okay." Why would we not be ok??

Just kidding of course. Went for a walk with one date. That's was it. No food, drink or nothing. Just did not go anywhere, Nothing crazy to report.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:11 AM

884 posts, read 1,406,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
A dinner where clearly only old people went.

Good food. But awkward.
Did he point to an old couple and say "That'll be us in 10 years"?

Old 05-06-2013, 11:18 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
Wow. You win.

i'm thinking there's more to the story

Old 05-06-2013, 11:41 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
Wow. You win.

He did and I still don't know why. I suspect he thought I was into random sex or something but it was creepy.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:11 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Went and picked a guy up, he got in my car while arguing VERY loudly with his ex wife on the phone. Super awkward, especially considering I didn't know he had an ex wife until that moment. Then, he said he had to go pick up his kids because his *a million expletives* ex wife was going to 'leave them on the front lawn' overnight and it was his problem now. So, we went and picked up his extremely rowdy and completely undisciplined kids and went out to dinner. They spent the evening running around the restaurant while their dad ignored them completely while he made sexual innuendos and was heavily suggestive towards me. I ended up paying for the entire meal including his kids food. He then asked if I wanted to stay over with him and the kids.

Best. First date. Ever.

Other than that I've been stood up a few times, had a guy grab my boob in a movie theater, been asked if I could make a weed run and been involved in a coke deal. All on first dates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships