Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 11:17 PM

523 posts, read 840,374 times

Advertisements

A fantasy can play out in your head and seem great, but becomes something different/unexpected/unpleasant in real life. I don't think you should do it.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:55 PM

11 posts, read 77,919 times
Lol. [SIZE=5]TaoistDude[/SIZE] I wouldn't want another guy touching my girl at all, but if this fulfill her fantasy, I might have no choice but to fulfill hers if she were to ask me to if I could let another do her. So idk

Old 05-16-2013, 02:34 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It should be pointed out that any 22 year old young woman who REALLY wants to do such a thing has issues.
You can point it out all you want - but that will not make it true.

People have different sexual desires - fantasies - urges. That is normal. Just because a girl has one that you do not share does not mean she has "issues". Judgemental much?

Certainly suggesting someone who has a sexual fantasy that you do not must either have been molested or is suffering from a mental illness is way overboard.

Many people have fantasies and engage in sexual play of this sort. Seeing their partner pleasuring themselves or being pleasured by a third party. It is a hell of a lot more common than you think - or might want it to be - and suggesting anyone who shares that fantasy is mentally ill or has been molested is just crass judgementalism on your part.

Quote:
Seriously, her age is a dead giveaway that there are issues.
Bull. People form and engage in sexual fantasy at ALL ages. Her fantasy in this case is no more an indication of instablity or sexual abuse at 22 than if she espoused the same fantasy to a partner at 42.

The only person with "issues" here is you - specifically the issue of handling the fact that people have sexual preferences that do not match your own.

Quote:
But it's just not what an emotionally healthy 22 year-old young woman fantasizes about or wants to participate in.
You are not the arbiter of what is emotionally healthy in the minds of 22 year olds. You have literally no basis for declaring there is anything wrong with a person wishing to fulfil a perfectly harmless sexual fantasy - regardless of their age.

Especially if the sum total of your support for espousing such judgemental tosh is to declare "I know what I know".

Old 05-16-2013, 02:36 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post

People have different sexual desires - fantasies - urges. That is normal. Just because a girl has one that you do not share does not mean she has "issues". Judgemental much?

Certainly suggesting someone who has a sexual fantasy that you do not must either have been molested or is suffering from a mental illness is way overboard.

Many people have fantasies and engage in sexual play of this sort. Seeing their partner pleasuring themselves or being pleasured by a third party. It is a hell of a lot more common than you think - or might want it to be - and suggesting anyone who shares that fantasy is mentally ill or has been molested is just crass judgementalism on your part.

Bull. People form and engage in sexual fantasy at ALL ages. Her fantasy in this case is no more an indication of instablity or sexual abuse at 22 than if she espoused the same fantasy to a partner at 42.

The only person with "issues" here is you - specifically the issue of handling the fact that people have sexual preferences that do not match your own.

You are not the arbiter of what is emotionally healthy in the minds of 22 year olds. You have literally no basis for declaring there is anything wrong with a person wishing to fulfil a perfectly harmless sexual fantasy - regardless of their age.

Especially if the sum total of your support for espousing such judgemental tosh is to declare "I know what I know".

amazing post, monumentus

Old 05-16-2013, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycruben87 View Post
she has a strong fantasy of watching me have sex with another girl. With any girl, as long as she's around my age.
It is not an uncommon fantasy at all. Many share it. The first step in this is to decide if it is something YOU want to do or not. Your willingness to do anything she wants to arouse or stimulate here is admirable and your heart is in the right place. But relationships are the art of compromise as well. If it is something you do not want to do then you should not feel compelled to do it anyway.

Having to decided if it is something you are into doing then you can move forward from there. I would certainly advise not rushing into it. You sound like you want this relationship to last the long distance. In which case you have PLENTY of time to engage in this fantasy. Give it awhile.

As for the fantasy itself I would advise not trying to force it. When it happens try to make it as natural and "in the moment" as it can be. I have noticed all too often (personally and third hand anecdotally anyway) that the more forced - arranged - laid out - artificial - a sexual encounter of this type is the more likely it is to leave the participants disillusioned or unfulfilled or upset.

Finally I would make it clear to both your partner and the third party you engage in it with that it could stop at any time. It is not something that - once started - simply has to go ahead. If your partner at any time during the encounter starts to feel negative or hurt by the experience she should have the option - without judgement or reprcussion - to call a halt to it entirely.

One possible way to take this a little step further is to film yourselves having sex. She can watch this later and in essence it is her watching you being pleasured sexually. It might be something she is into as it serves many (though not all) the same kind of stimulations and enjoyments that watching you live with another girl would. It may - at least - be worth suggesting to her.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:52 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycruben87 View Post
This actually suprises me that she's asking me for this, especially since she's the jealous type.
Stop right there! Correct response afterwards was, "But, honey, I love only you. You're the only one I need and want." Why? Because jealous types have a way of also being the testing types. In other words, set up a test, help you basically fail the test, then blame you for failing it as she breaks up with you and slams you on social media.

Now would be a great time to go to her and say, "You know, your proposal surprised me so much that I'm not sure I was thinking clearly at the time. Because I love only you. You're the only one I need and want."

Old 05-16-2013, 08:09 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post

This entire post and reasoning is to be expected from a man living in the "alternative lifestyle" you engage in. It keeps you from having perspective in my opinion.

I go back to my original comment so we can stay on topic...a 22 year old young woman who actively seeks to engage in this kind of fantasy has other issues of some kind.

Those "issues" could be any number of things, including very simply that she is insecure and afraid of losing her boyfriend so she offers this up to him in a pathetic attempt to keep him.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:13 AM

25 posts, read 31,276 times
This fantasy is very common in men. There is a term for it, and has been around forever. A lot of men get off thinking of their wife or girlfriend being fulfilled by a man who is more superior. Admit it or not, thoughts of our lovers with exes or others have crossed our minds. Some find excitement out of it, while others block it out the best they can.

There is a lot of psychological analysis into it. For men, the mix of jealousy and humiliation of their wife enjoying another is an emotional drug. I am sure it effects women as well, but I would think it would strike men more as they are naturally to compete for mates differently than females. There is a lot of psychological analysis I have read about this.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:15 AM

25 posts, read 31,276 times
Quote:
This entire post and reasoning is to be expected from a man living in the "alternative lifestyle" you engage in. It keeps you from having perspective in my opinion.

I go back to my original comment so we can stay on topic...a 22 year old young woman who actively seeks to engage in this kind of fantasy has other issues of some kind.

Those "issues" could be any number of things, including very simply that she is insecure and afraid of losing her boyfriend so she offers this up to him in a pathetic attempt to keep him.
Insecurity issues tend to be a issue with these type of fantasies, but everybody has their insecurities. To believe it or not, even the most normal people can have the most bizarre fantasies. "Having issues" is being into kids, or forced sex. Getting off on jealousy or insecurities as a fantasy is normal among more people than you think no matter how perfect you are.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Nothing to do with it. But do not let that stop you throwing about dismissive adhominems that get you out of a corner. However this thread is about the OP - not about me.

The fact is that there is nothing whatsoever wrong with having sexual fantasies - at any age - and expressing them to your partner does not mean you have "issues". Her interest in having a threesome - or similar - in no way means she has been abused or is mentally unstable. That is just baseless judgementalism from you.

Quote:
Reapeating and reasserting nonsense does not stop it being nonsense. Everyone has fantasies. Seeking to engage in them does not mean you have "issues". The only person with "issues" here is you - because you simply can not accept that someone has different sexual fantasies at age 22 than you have/had.

Having - and engaging in - sexual fantasies is perfectly normal and many people do it. There is nothing wrong with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships