Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you?
Yes 71 82.56%
No 15 17.44%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 11:44 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times

Advertisements

In my mind, Love has no boundaries to physical disabilities .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 11:47 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,524 times
Well, as long as you smell and sound good, your physical appearence is otherwise less important.

Then again, she still can touch your face, so you might want to shave. Unless she likes the stubble.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:00 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yes, she wouldn't know what looked like, but obviously, being with someone who had a disability like that would mean a lot of sacrifices.

To be honest, I probably wouldn't, and i disdain myself for saying this, but it would be too restrictive, and I'd want my love to at least be able to look into my eyes. Yes, even if she was a stunner. But I am she should would have no problem finding somebody, hopefully someone who liked her for who she was as a person.
I wouldn't have an issue. Were I in the market, she wouldn't have to be a stunner even. Just cutes fine. Lol. Certainly there would be awkward moments, and yes, certain changes would need to be allowed for, but, I don't see anything insurmountable, were she truly worth pursuing.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:11 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Quote:
Yes, she wouldn't know what looked like, but obviously, being with someone who had a disability like that would mean a lot of sacrifices.

To be honest, I probably wouldn't, and i disdain myself for saying this, but it would be too restrictive, and I'd want my love to at least be able to look into my eyes. Yes, even if she was a stunner. But I am she should would have no problem finding somebody, hopefully someone who liked her for who she was as a person.
Well lets reverse this- would a woman date a seriously smoking hot, blind man?
I ask because I know someone who is (both)
I wouldn't date him, not because I'm harsh- but he is quite the player....
He's literally got women coming on to him all the time.
If anything him being blind makes him more appealing than other guys to women.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:09 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,050 times
I feel like this question deserves a scale or a poll. Most guys here would date a blind Jessica Alba.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:08 AM

10,069 posts, read 7,241,915 times
I think I'd actually have a bigger problem dating someone who was deaf. Not being able to talk or enjoy music would probably be deal breaker. Blind I think I could do.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:01 PM

3 posts, read 2,331 times
( HELLO ) Today is 4 / 4 / 2016... I am 67 years old a nice Fit Black man with a good faithful heart, I am different from my race, I don't look like my age and i still work a Fit time job, I seek only a ( WHITE WOMEN ) to marry, a nice women POOR I don't care, simple women, you can find out more about me on my FACEBOOK PAGE, just type my name like this Marvin E Oliver , well now it is up to you...

( Have a bless day )

Old 04-03-2016, 11:47 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
I am married to a totally blind woman for over 10 years. I am not sure why the o.p. and others put the condition of beauty on it. As if the blind person should have to be beautiful to compensate for their disability? Really? A blind person is never going to be classically beautiful in the face, but that has never been my must have. I always went for a nice body over a beautiful face. Maybe because that is how I am set up?

Maybe not. Did it never occur to some of you that a blind person is going to ask a trusted sighted friend to check you out and "give them the visuals"? Yes they will, so keep that in mind when you are fantasizing about snagging Jessica Alba if you look like Pee Wee Herman.

Many blind individuals will not have smoking hot bodies because their exercise options are limited. But I found a blind woman that loves being strong and fit and we make a great team. It's been really hard reading through these posts and seeing all the ignorance about disability in general and blindness in particular. There really isn't any excuse for it. I didn't learn to be comfortable and non-patronizing around blind people because I am with one. I wouldn't be with one today if I had had to 'learn' how to be with a blind person. 'J' is very unforgiving of the kinds of cluelessness sighted people exhibit when around a blind person.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:01 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEO-7 View Post
( HELLO ) Today is 4 / 4 / 2016... I am 67 years old a nice Fit Black man with a good faithful heart, I am different from my race, I don't look like my age and i still work a Fit time job, I seek only a ( WHITE WOMEN ) to marry, a nice women POOR I don't care, simple women, you can find out more about me on my FACEBOOK PAGE, just type my name like this Marvin E Oliver , well now it is up to you...

( Have a bless day )
Best of luck

Old 04-04-2016, 10:44 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:

Disabilities never mattered to me. I have had experience in the past where a gal who was deaf and I dated, briefly, but she said, in the end, that she offered dating men who were deaf as well. I've come to see there is a sub culture amongst deaf, blind, and other such disabled folks, that don't feel as if "normal" people could ever fully understand them. I've met deaf people who were almost militant about it. "Hearing people" were to be avoided.

Such disability doesn't bother me. I have a disability myself. Its never affected any relationship I've been in. As I think about it, though, the relationship I'm in now is with a lady who has similar issues as me. It does lend a better level of understanding between us, as we both can relate to our limitations, and thus the support we give each other is based in real empathy and personal experience.

Nevertheless, if two people really click, one having a disability doesn't matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships