Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 01:24 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Location makes a massive difference, as your friend is finding. Vegas has horrific odds for single men, and terrific odds for single women. NYC = opposite.

"...consistently pulls 8s and 9s in DC". Classic. Imagine all the women going, "hey I am a 9, I wish he would pull me"

This may come as a shock to you and your friend, but regardless of region, women demand a little more respect than that.
Hi, you have the wrong take away.

The number is simply a normative descriptive adjective. It means women that--by normal US standards--are in the upper tenth or quintile in looks or whatever else term of reference you are using.

Please no messages about how you think Roseanne Barr is hot and she should be a ten while Beyonce or and Megan Foxx is a five...nope..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 01:32 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Very interesting...as a guy, I have lived in D.C. for over 15+ years, and I have found the D.C. ladies to be very, very (did I say very already, lol), *very* picky, when it comes to guys and romance! Not trying to brag or anything here, but despite being reasonably good-looking, making a nice and comfortable salary, and also being reasonably professionally successful, not a single lady here would give me a fair chance with them (and I tried very hard, for at least like 3-4 years, to date quite a lot of women, but nothing ever resulted in a relationship or went beyond a 2nd date) The results of dating local women were so utterly discouraging to me -- and even despite spending literally $1ks of dollars total on it -- that even if I were hypothetically single, I have pretty much given up entirely, on local D.C. women; I wouldn't even bother to date them anymore for the most part, 99% of the time...
DC women have silly checklists but if you can meet them you can meet very very pretty women who are educated and have their stuff together....I mean 28 year old Georgetown grads who played Lacrosse in college, work for the State Dept, and are hot...Cant find that anyplace else...outta my league.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:33 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
DC women have silly checklists but if you can meet them you can meet very very pretty women who are educated and have their stuff together....I mean 28 year old Georgetown grads who played Lacrosse in college, work for the State Dept, and are hot...Cant find that anyplace else...outta my league.
I think some places lend themselves to meeting online and some are better to go out in person.

I split time between Phoenix and San Diego. I believe these 2 places are better to go out and meet and greet people. Probably has a lot to do with the weather. While I haven't found any great long term prospects, Ive met alot of great people and have met a ton of friends. For Online, it seem's that the few who look like they would make the best prospects for me personally, are too far away (East coast or over seas), too young, or both.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:33 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Quote:
Agreed that you can definitely meet D.C. women like that...I actually met quite a few of them while I was still actively dating D.C. women, but going from date #1 or #2 to date #3 or a relationship seemed to be the thing I could never get past, and was the threshold that I was never able to cross with them, ever...

Old 06-05-2013, 02:58 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Maybe you guys just aren't as good as you think you are? I mean, they say women have 'overinflated egos' but I see that just as often with men. If you guys had the choice between 5 women, all of whom were pretty cool, but one was way hotter more than likely you'd pick the hotter one leaving the other women saying 'he's too picky!' well no... he just picked the best of what was offered to him.

The women you're complaining about are doing the exact same thing. You're simply not as good as the other prospects they have.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:06 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,601,251 times
I've asked myself this question too. Save for one semester in Buffalo, my entire life has been spent in the BosWash corridor, and I've grown to dislike many of the people, especially here in MD. Too type A, people working lower-level management jobs think they're the most important person that ever lived, too many buy into the rat race, and too many people fall for hollow gimmicks. It's been suggested that I might do better in certain parts of the West, and I'm starting to strongly consider it.

And DC is a terrrrrrrrible place for guys to date, anywhere you might think to have a night out and meet some ladies is almost a guaranteed sausage fest these days.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Maybe you guys just aren't as good as you think you are? I mean, they say women have 'overinflated egos' but I see that just as often with men. If you guys had the choice between 5 women, all of whom were pretty cool, but one was way hotter more than likely you'd pick the hotter one leaving the other women saying 'he's too picky!' well no... he just picked the best of what was offered to him.

The women you're complaining about are doing the exact same thing. You're simply not as good as the other prospects they have.
No worries my friend JJ, I can truthfully say that I would choose the very nicest woman of all, regardless of her looks Looks are actually irrelevant to me...when I was still dating, I dated women all the way in terms of range of looks from beautiful to below-average. If a woman is a 10 in looks but is cold or uncaring, I will gladly choose a woman who is a 5 or below in looks, but who is also a total affectionate sweetheart

Old 06-05-2013, 03:20 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
No worries my friend JJ, I can truthfully say that I would choose the very nicest woman of all, regardless of her looks Looks are actually irrelevant to me...when I was still dating, I dated women all the way in terms of range of looks from beautiful to below-average. If a woman is a 10 in looks but is cold or uncaring, I will gladly choose a woman who is a 5 or below in looks, but who is also a total affectionate sweetheart
If all the women were exactly identical except for looks.

That would be the deciding factor. The majority of men would pick the hottest woman.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
If all the women were exactly identical except for looks.

That would be the deciding factor. The majority of men would pick the hottest woman.
Perhaps so, if all of the women were equally nice...but then again, physically beautiful women are not exactly usually known for having the most beautiful, compassionate, loving hearts, as well...

IMO based on my own personal experiences, the realistic likelihood of meeting a truly nice, kindhearted, and single woman here in D.C. who is also a beautiful 10 in looks is a near-statistical impossibility anyway...

(Lol, btw, you don't really have anything to worry about in any event though, my friend -- b/c you are already beautiful *and* genuinely nice, already! )

Old 06-05-2013, 03:50 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Hi, you have the wrong take away.

The number is simply a normative descriptive adjective. It means women that--by normal US standards--are in the upper tenth or quintile in looks or whatever else term of reference you are using.

Please no messages about how you think Roseanne Barr is hot and she should be a ten while Beyonce or and Megan Foxx is a five...nope..
Da ****, how do people think Megan Foxx is still hot?

After her plastic surgeries she looks like some artificial monster created by aliens. She looked better before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships