Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2013, 04:44 PM

86 posts, read 359,630 times

Advertisements

This is the scenario: two guys who have shown interest but I don't know who is truly interested or only attracted? One guy, let call him James, is about my same age and I have known him for about 5 yrs or so. We work together, but this guy is painfully shy to the point that i feel frustrated for his lack of initiative. He found out that soon i will be moving on to a new job a has started to behave a little different. Now he says hi to me without ignoring me (which he used to do in the past), tries to bump into me or looks for excuses to be closer to me or talk to me. He even gave me a "fortune cookie" , which I felt it was strange since he never has given me anything at all. Looks at me with tenderness in his eyes, smiles and all that. I truly had this huge crush on him in the past but since the guy never made a move , i decided to only see him as a friend. He gets jealous when guy B (let's name him Richard) , who is young , good looking and more sociable starts talking to me. I have become more friendly with Richard, and I feel the attraction is mutual (he stares at me, blushes, talks about himself to impress me, ask me to be his facebook friend..etc). Thing is, Richard is way younger than me but I think he is a great and smart guy. I feel confused because Richard avoids eye contact with me sometimes and gets nervous when he gets close, but I have noticed , he is becoming friendlier , and gets in close proximity to me when he gets a chance, and tries to prove himself in front of me. James and Richard and myself work together in the same place!! GUYS and GIRLS, have you encountered this same situation that the guys /girls you like are so shy and don't make a move or ask you out??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 06:42 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,833,754 times
James sounds like a game-playing tool, but I could be wrong. It's possible for guys to be really shy but this is where I feel uncertain. Even shy guys eventually ask someone out so if they're not asking you out, depending on their ages and experience, you really would do well to ask yourself why. By the way, if you guys all work together, I'd personally think about all the consequences of a workplace thing with either of them and figure out if it's a higher priority than your job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships