Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 06:27 AM

354 posts, read 617,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
It depends on how you meet and what kind of interests the both of you have. If you're both athletic then suggesting a hike might be nice but if one of you is panting halfway up the hill it's not going to be a smooth date.

If both are panting, it may be because it is a very good date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 06:29 AM

442 posts, read 800,473 times
A brothel.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:42 AM

111 posts, read 223,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
The part I bolded is key. Since you were already well beyond the "getting to know you" phase and comfortable with each other before dating, it wasn't a big deal to have first dates that were a bit more substantial, outside-the-box and lengthy such as the minor league baseball game.

In situations where the guy barely knows the woman (e.g. met & chatted for 10 minutes at bar) or hasn't met the woman at all in person (e.g. OLD) before the first date, it's probably a good idea to keep the first date simple and casual such as a cafe and/or drinks or a light activity that allows for plenty of socializing and getting to know each other better. While a creative mind is a great asset in dating, don't try too hard to come up with something different or unorthodox...that may come across as desperate or weird and may make her feel a bit uncomfortable.
I agree. A casual first date with someone you barely know also allows either party to make a quick escape if you aren't having fun without feeling like the other person is holding you hostage.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:49 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
If you know them, cater to their interests.
If you don't, keep it generic.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:53 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
volunteer at a special olympics fund-raiser, or another good fund-raiser-just for a couple hours(as long as you two can stay together)

sounds odd, but this can be a home-run

Old 06-12-2013, 09:00 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarterguy View Post

I remember reading an advice column about a woman complaining about the 1st date a guy had planned for them. A picnic and a row boat. She freaked out. Too much to deal with.
While I have done boating a lot scarier than a rowboat on a lake, I would not like to go out in a rowboat with a man I don't know at all. If he is aggressive or crude, he has too much control and I would be swimming to escape.

While it is not a likely scenario, especially if people are around, a man in a small boat could very easily drown a woman who is in the water.

First dates with a stranger should be in safe surroundings with an easy escape route. The row boat in the lake is for a few dates in when he has shown that he has decent manners.

Not to mention that picnic in the park and a rowboat are very romantic, but maybe a little too romantic for a first date. I'd be thrilled by the picnic date, but only after I knew the man a little better.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:44 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
My first date with my current gf was taking her ice skating. She didnt know how to ice skate so I had to hold her the whole time. Set the tone quick for physical contact.

Best thing to do is find out her interests and personality , then make a date. If ur like me and majority of women you take out are on cold approaches a bar for some drinks is usually the best bet. Don't get too crazy with someone you don't know . The only reason I didn't do drinks with the girl I'm dating now is bexause after I got her number we texted a lot

Old 06-12-2013, 09:46 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
For many women, not having a certain depth of conversation is like a man who has never seen what the woman looks like. There's no way for us to know if you are sexually attractive.
muddled water is not the same as depth. Hope one day you get what that means.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:51 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
For many women, not having a certain depth of conversation is like a man who has never seen what the woman looks like. There's no way for us to know if you are sexually attractive.
I have actually found women to be worse conversationalists than most guys. In general women tend to talk about themselves , rarely ask for input and rely on the guy to carry the conversation.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:58 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckodeirish View Post
Really? I would like to avoid in depth conversation on the first date. Save that ish for later.
You had better have some in depth conversation, otherwise you could waste lots of time, and money on multiple dates. Better to at least have general conversation to find out of there is any interest and potential to date at all.
I think a relaxing lunch, some conversation and maybe a stroll afterwards and keep visiting. If things are going really well, impromptu nightclub or other activity may be in order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships