Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 08:15 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times

Advertisements

Try out for "The Bachelor" show!

Old 06-17-2013, 08:22 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
A lot of doctors (surgeons especially) have a God complex. Not attractive.

If you're depending on your career to get women, you're going to be waiting a while.
Not true. Generally speaking, rock stars, doctors, lawyers, pro athletes, successful businessmen, and politicians, all attract the most women. Hell, the artist formerly known as prince has seen so much vagina that he's probably just as qualified to examine vajayjay as the nations top gynecologist.

I will never forget how women started treating me once I went from a factory worker to a businessman. Nothing changed about me (I'm very low key) other then my means to earn a living, but overnight, women had all this respect and admiration for me. Men on the other hand, always treated me the same regardless how I was able to support myself.

It's kind of sad really. Women treat men based solely on our station in life.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yes, but you're talking about societies where the so-termed division of duties was so specialized to either sex that they literally couldn't live without one another.

Things just aren't like that in first-world countries today, as a rule.
Men and women may not need each other to the same extent as in the past, but we still need each other.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:27 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Not true. Generally speaking, rock stars, doctors, lawyers, pro athletes, successful businessmen, and politicians, all attract the most women. Hell, the artist formerly known as prince has seen so much vagina that he's probably just as qualified to examine vajayjay as the nations top gynecologist.

I will never forget how women started treating me once I went from a factory worker to a businessman. Nothing changed about me (I'm very low key) other then my means to earn a living, but overnight, women had all this respect and admiration for me. Men on the other hand, always treated me the same regardless how I was able to support myself.

It's kind of sad really. Women treat men based solely on our station in life.
Huh...simply calling yourself a businessman really says very little about your station in life. It certainly doesn't indicate any sort of success, economic or otherwise. Do you hang around gullible women?

Old 06-17-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
Huh...simply calling yourself a businessman really says very little about your station in life. It certainly doesn't indicate any sort of success, economic or otherwise. Do you hang around gullible women?
You know what I'm trying to say.... You get my point.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Lots of Doctors are busy saving lives - yet have a social life.

Have you tried the nurses station - at the local Hospital?

I'm just kidding(I'm a Nurse)...

Good Luck OP. Don't give up - Keep saving those lives, you never know, when Love will find you!
That was the stereotypical way that doctors met their wives in the past.

Honestly though if you are a nurse you see a different side of that person that the patient never sees. In some cases they have personalities that are very unattractive...and simply being a doctor doesn't make up for that. Same could be said about pro athletes, etc.....

Old 06-17-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
No I don't really. I know people that call themselves business owners and businessmen, and it really means nothing compared to any other means to make a living. Without knowing more information I would assume nothing if someone told me that.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:37 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times
Quote:
Technically, me and my husband are business owners. And we make a profit. But that's not the lionshare of where our income comes from.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:46 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I want to return the discussion to the OP.

It's interesting that he chose the word "can't" in saying "can't get a date" whereas I think the more appropriate word is "won't".

Now that turns the whole thing on its head, doesn't it, OP ?
Of course you are right, but this particular OP isn't really interested in helpful advice - he just like to complain.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
No I don't really. I know people that call themselves business owners and businessmen, and it really means nothing compared to any other means to make a living. Without knowing more information I would assume nothing if someone told me that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Technically, me and my husband are business owners. And we make a profit. But that's not the lionshare of where our income comes from.
Ladies, you know what I'm trying to say. You're trying to play games to weaken my point. Why don't you address the fact that a woman would rather date a verified successful businessman over a factory worker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships