Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 12:11 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,383,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
But Daniel Craig just has a normal voice with a southern English accent. They're a dime a dozen.
His voice is a bit lower than the average Brit I think. But what I really like is the character in the voice - confident steadiness and lack of emotion in it (or at least in the James Bond character) - it adds to the mystery and keeps you wondering. I also like the cowboy characters with that trait - low steady voices with little emotion - like Clint Eastwood. They only speak when they have something very important to say and people listen - it conveys strength, leadership, mystery, and badass, which is what I find sexy....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 12:12 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,405,624 times
Mike Rowe can talk dirty in my ear anytime.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:17 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Women used to call my phone off-hours just to hear my message.

True story.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:41 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,813,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
His voice is a bit lower than the average Brit I think. But what I really like is the character in the voice - confident steadiness and lack of emotion in it (or at least in the James Bond character) - it adds to the mystery and keeps you wondering. I also like the cowboy characters with that trait - low steady voices with little emotion - like Clint Eastwood. They only speak when they have something very important to say and people listen - it conveys strength, leadership, mystery, and badass, which is what I find sexy....
Tone of voice changes with mood. James Bond speaks in a serious tone, even when he's joking. Usually, people speak with more intonations up and down the scale to be friendly and show more variation in emotion. James Bond appears emotionless. The accent you're talking about would include more than half the men in my family. That's how many people sound when they're dealing with serious subject matter. Calmly and rationally. The only men I've known that talked that way all the time were frigid.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:41 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,603,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Ok, here's my pick....

Any of the British James Bonds (e.g. Daniel Craig) who have that low, steady, emotionless tone, with that sexy British accent... That is a sexy voice to me.

40 great james bond quotes (daniel craig) - YouTube
If you're talking Bond, I'm shocked you didn't pick Sean Connery.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:07 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,375,064 times
Actors/actresses with good voices
I know there was another thread of this ilk, too-but I can't figure out where it was*.
Jeremy Irons, and the late Dave LaFontaine (the v/o king who did movie trailers) are a couple that spring to mind.
I like low rather than high voices (since those hurt my ears).

*Edited to add: found it !
How important is an attractive voice?
and my post with clip of Black Books (guest-starring Peter Serafinowicz, the voice of Darth Maul)
http://www.city-data.com/forum/26886117-post49.html

Old 06-20-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Tone of voice changes with mood. James Bond speaks in a serious tone, even when he's joking. Usually, people speak with more intonations up and down the scale to be friendly and show more variation in emotion. James Bond appears emotionless. The accent you're talking about would include more than half the men in my family. That's how many people sound when they're dealing with serious subject matter. Calmly and rationally. The only men I've known that talked that way all the time were frigid.
Ok, you disagree. What you consider frigid, I consider sexy. I also lived and worked with the British, but I still like the accent. I have family in Italy and women love the looks and accent of my cousins. They all speak in very emotional, animated Italian tones while gestering with their hands. The American women are all over them. I never had any inclination to date an Italian - not my preference. I do prefer the calm and rational demeanor. I find a strong, steady voice with less emotion sexy, not frigid (like cowboys and James Bond), but that's just me. I ended up marrying a sexy Canadian from your neck of the woods - but it had nothing to do with the voice.

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 06-20-2013 at 01:25 PM..

Old 06-20-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
If you're talking Bond, I'm shocked you didn't pick Sean Connery.
I'm good with any of the Bonds - Connery, Moore, Dalton, Craig, Brosnan.... Any one will do!

Also like Eastwood....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1vZq3bTS_Y

I like a little steely growl and whisper in the voice also - like Eastwood!

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 06-20-2013 at 01:28 PM..

Old 06-20-2013, 01:19 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,567,299 times
Quote:
But Daniel Craig just has a normal voice with a southern English accent. They're a dime a dozen.
Not in Chicago they ain't

Old 06-20-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Not in Chicago they ain't
LOL.... I lived in London and also in the British West Indies (I'm really not that sheltered) - still like the accent when it's low, classy, masculine with little emotion - like James Bond! My own hubby has a bit of the accent.

p.s. I do not find the southside Chicago accent very sexy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships