Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 05:19 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,144,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I don't hear many guys asking for it. I don't think most guys care about having babies or not (that means they can take it or leave it). Vasectomies are very simple and guys still don't get that. Offer them money to take the pill and then they will do it! LOL

More importantly, females are born with their eggs, you can't turn off the sperm without turning off testosterone and males depend upon testosterone for too many things other than just sex. Plus, there are side-effects to the pill. If this were okay to do, then trust me, some swedish homosexual scientist would have BEEN invented this.
Nope. One BC for men involves killing sperm with gel injected (that is harmless otherwise). It doesn't affect hormones or even sperm production or sperm in ejaculation.

You have no idea how much the HORMONES in BC can negatively affect women. There are side effects to the pill for women too; why is it okay for women to have to put up with it?

And if men are way less desirous of children than women (as you claim), then don't they have more to lose in the case of unwanted pregnancy? Perhaps they should be the ones inconvenienced by side effects then, or less bothered by that than the alternative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 05:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Why is the male birth control pill taking so long to make it to market?
Because it keeps continuing to refuse to ask for directions.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:23 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
i prefer the natural male method,,,,the age old pull out...

it took me 6 kids to perfect the timing,,,but i think ive got it !!!

Old 06-27-2013, 05:31 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Because it keeps continuing to refuse to ask for directions.
I'll forgive you for not answering the question just this once because you were funny.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:34 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I'll forgive you for not answering the question just this once because you were funny.

It begged to be said, monemi.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:37 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Nope. One BC for men involves killing sperm with gel injected (that is harmless otherwise). It doesn't affect hormones or even sperm production or sperm in ejaculation.

You have no idea how much the HORMONES in BC can negatively affect women. There are side effects to the pill for women too; why is it okay for women to have to put up with it?

And if men are way less desirous of children than women (as you claim), then don't they have more to lose in the case of unwanted pregnancy? Perhaps they should be the ones inconvenienced by side effects then, or less bothered by that than the alternative.
I said men don't care either way about having children (unless they are with a particular woman they like and want to trap her)and they'd rather not deal with the side-effects of the pill when they are single.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I said men don't care either way about having children (unless they are with a particular woman they like and want to trap her)and they'd rather not deal with the side-effects of the pill when they are single.

But they sure sound like they care when they do NOT want children. Child free men and women can be very vocal about their wishes. Shouldn't there be a movement of men, pushing for their own freedom to choose when they are ready to reproduce without condoms or relying on another person to remember their pill? It seems like an article comes out every 2-5 years and then nothing happens. If there were enough interest, pharmaceutical companies would be sure of a market and would be rushing to get it on the market. But there doesn't seem to be a strong interest.

I'd like it if men would explain why they as individuals don't feel strongly enough to personally get involved in seeing male BC options expanded.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:00 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
But they sure sound like they care when they do NOT want children. Child free men and women can be very vocal about their wishes. Shouldn't there be a movement of men, pushing for their own freedom to choose when they are ready to reproduce without condoms or relying on another person to remember their pill? It seems like an article comes out every 2-5 years and then nothing happens. If there were enough interest, pharmaceutical companies would be sure of a market and would be rushing to get it on the market. But there doesn't seem to be a strong interest.

I'd like it if men would explain why they as individuals don't feel strongly enough to personally get involved in seeing male BC options expanded.
I think it's because many men can just up and walk away without any real repercussions. Sure, some women will hunt them down and demand child support, but for others it's simply not worth it. You can't force someone to be a parent, regardless.

For women, birth control is important because having a child rests almost solely on them and their body. They're the ones who will lose job opportunities and have issues supporting themselves and their children while men just don't have to worry about those things. So...I guess it's just less important because men have the choice to simply walk away if something goes wrong.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:01 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,464 times
Ok, thanks to google translate. Nima = neem in English (azadirachta indica) .
Google for neem contraception patent and such stuff.

It was repelled from being allowed and recommended to use in the United States for decades already and was refused to be allowed to be shipped as a medicine from abroad either. Reason are conservatives and medical industry.
In fact, medical industry has even pushed to legalize it once they gained a "license" long ago, but then it got revoked because they couldn't patent it. Same happened in Europe. After that, they did everything to ban it's legalization in western world on various products that they see as endangering their existing or future business. In fact, they also made sure to ban any knowledge on medicines used and produced by companies in other parts of the world and make it impossible to gain approval from government agencies. There is also a "patent war" around it.
Also add the note that conservatives hate neem because it can easily make you induce abortion on your own and they argue that it should be illegal for possible "misuses". Mere usage in any form can result with abortion and conservatives are afraid of both women inducing miscarriages on their own and other persons inducing miscarriages of unsuspecting women. Conservatives also claim that it makes a man permanently infertile and makes a woman poisoned to death if it's used on your own.

Any neem-based product is thus under a big magnifier to check it out.

Combining oral pills and neem would make it almost impossible to result with pregnancy by accident. They used it with a big number of Indian soldiers and none of them conceived a child for a full year of using it. They claim that it needs some time to "wear the effects off" as well.

But you won't see it anytime soon. To show just how much they invest efforts to stop it, just look at Canadian government. They banned it even for usage in various products that COULD be (ab)used as a contraceptives. They also banned farmers from importing it as a pesticide, etc.

Neem Based Leaf Shine Products No Longer Legal for Use

Old 06-27-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think it's because many men can just up and walk away without any real repercussions. Sure, some women will hunt them down and demand child support, but for others it's simply not worth it. You can't force someone to be a parent, regardless.

For women, birth control is important because having a child rests almost solely on them and their body. They're the ones who will lose job opportunities and have issues supporting themselves and their children while men just don't have to worry about those things. So...I guess it's just less important because men have the choice to simply walk away if something goes wrong.
But society loves stories about women lying about taking the pill or poking holes in condoms. You'd think men would be all over taking control from these evil women wouldn't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships