Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 08:41 PM

837 posts, read 754,104 times

Advertisements

Online dating appeals to me immensely - picking out who you like based on their lifestyle, hobbies and interests before you even go out on dates with them is just fantastic. The problem is that most dating sites are gigantic sausage fests where decent looking women get hit on 500,000,000 times a day.

Anyways, what do you have to do to actually be successful at online dating outside of being male model handsome? You can't show off your confidence/personality through body language and voice tonality so what the hell determines which men are successful? Is it just about the stupid dancing clown routine of cracking dumb jokes? Is OLD a huge waste of time?

Are there decent looking high character women on OLD that are accessible or is it mainly just crazies?

Am I actually decent looking enough to even get a number nowadays on line dating? Online dating seems to be so looks obsessed.

couple pics of me
http://s11.postimg.org/a9prcywab/me_2.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/4w2n1upqr/image.jpg

I'm about 25 lbs leaner than that pic now so I could have a professional take some pics of me. I look about 2 points better than whatever you would consider that. Should I have a professional take some pictures of me but make them look more normal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 08:48 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Whatever you experience in real life will be the same on OLD, but x100.

There is nothing different about OLD, just greater numbers all looking for some sort of romantic interaction.

You're a nice looking guy, generally, any problems you are having are not going to be looks oriented.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-04-2015, 02:17 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,681,350 times
Just be yourself. Don't try to be fake because you think that's what some woman wants. She'll see right through any fakeness.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:13 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
You keep posting this same garbage all over the internet and keep getting told the same things by all people. I think you suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. There is therapy for that.

Its an ugly combination of your ego, idolizing material things, emulating and associating with low character guys, and the icing on the cake, never actually asking a woman out, that has made you a dating failure.

You really are a scared and damaged little boy underneath all of your ridiculous bravado. How many more years are you going to waste posting on online message board forums before you get the help you need from a trained professional?

Old 08-04-2015, 03:41 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
C'mon man. Don't you ever get tired of this?

Old 08-04-2015, 04:40 AM

576 posts, read 824,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You keep posting this same garbage all over the internet and keep getting told the same things by all people. I think you suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. There is therapy for that.

Its an ugly combination of your ego, idolizing material things, emulating and associating with low character guys, and the icing on the cake, never actually asking a woman out, that has made you a dating failure.

You really are a scared and damaged little boy underneath all of your ridiculous bravado. How many more years are you going to waste posting on online message board forums before you get the help you need from a trained professional?
Well it would be more beneficial if no once answers him anymore.....eventually it would die down

I mean he makes multiple threads day talking about the same things and yet his threads gets more than 10 pages of responses....go figure

Old 08-04-2015, 05:19 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Are you going to post those photos on your profile and explain how you are thinner and more chiseled now? It seems like using current pictures would be a good idea.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:35 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
Online dating appeals to me immensely - picking out who you like based on their lifestyle, hobbies and interests before you even go out on dates with them is just fantastic. The problem is that most dating sites are gigantic sausage fests where decent looking women get hit on 500,000,000 times a day.

Anyways, what do you have to do to actually be successful at online dating outside of being male model handsome? You can't show off your confidence/personality through body language and voice tonality so what the hell determines which men are successful? Is it just about the stupid dancing clown routine of cracking dumb jokes? Is OLD a huge waste of time?

Are there decent looking high character women on OLD that are accessible or is it mainly just crazies?

Am I actually decent looking enough to even get a number nowadays on line dating? Online dating seems to be so looks obsessed.

couple pics of me
http://s11.postimg.org/a9prcywab/me_2.jpg
http://s27.postimg.org/4w2n1upqr/image.jpg

I'm about 25 lbs leaner than that pic now so I could have a professional take some pics of me. I look about 2 points better than whatever you would consider that. Should I have a professional take some pictures of me but make them look more normal?
I just want to warn you (and anyone else) that you DO NOT get to "pick people out." It's not online shopping where you see what you want and you get it by clicking on it. The other person *is* a person with likes and desires just like you. You don't pick people out, you reach out to people who seem interesting to you and then see if they reach back to you. It's a lot like a job interview in that regard... you put your best self forward and explain why you would be a good "candidate" and the other person and the other person does much does the same. And just like with applying for jobs, you are going to get a lot of rejections and "interviews" (one time first dates) that fail before there is a good match up.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Are you going to post those photos on your profile and explain how you are thinner and more chiseled now? It seems like using current pictures would be a good idea.

I can have a professional take some nice pics of me outside. I would look quite a bit better in those vs the pics I posted. I would look a solid 2 pts better on a 1-10 scale with the weight loss.

Last edited by brantleygilbert; 08-04-2015 at 07:18 AM..

Old 08-04-2015, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Whatever you experience in real life will be the same on OLD, but x100.

There is nothing different about OLD, just greater numbers all looking for some sort of romantic interaction.

You're a nice looking guy, generally, any problems you are having are not going to be looks oriented.

Well there is a huge difference in OLD in that there's no body language or voice tonality, which is primarily what we judge people on (93% of communication)

So what determines if a man is successful online?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships