Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 07:29 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times

Advertisements

Saw this documentary film on Netflix the other day, and it was really quite interesting and could apply to many topics we usually discuss here. Provided, alot of it was common knowledge but backed by recent studies performed scientifically it gave it a slightly different angle. For example, a room fool of average attractiveness college students, were assigned numbers randomly yet were told that the numbers were assigned based on attractiveness and were told to pick a partner.

A natural tendency to shoot for the highest score was on clear display in this part of the film. They miced one of the girls who constantly reminded herself that she could do better than a #2 for example, despite the fact that a #10 was no more attractive than #2. I think that spoke to some peoples inclination to base their choice of mate on what others think and how they perceive them.

Alot of it was pretty common sense, like women changing their pitch of voice, when ovulating in order to sound more feminine, along with many other changes during that period of the month, like skin glow, appearance, the level of flirtatious behavior as well as likelihood of seeking the most masculine man they can find, often outside of their marriage/relationship, strictly for sex.

Now I found one thing very interesting and here it goes. They studied women's behavior in the club and defined the level of their sexuality by their behavior, the range of their movements and how much skin each woman revealed etc etc. It was no surprise that once again women that were ovulating, topped the charts when it came to communicating those cues to those around them.

The interesting part however, was that it was women who were not only ovulating, but those who were ovulating AND had a long term partner/husband/SO at home, that behaved in by far the most sexual way, by revealing the biggest amount of skin and over exaggerating their movements on the dance floor. Much more so than any other group of women, including single women who were also ovulating.

The reason I found that interesting, was that it goes against what many people believe especially those who see the world as they wish it was, by denying reality of what we experience everyday. Im not the biggest fan of going out by yourself while your SO is doing other things, no matter what level of trust you share, because more often than not you tend to grow apart and lead separate lives, if thats what you regularly practice. So fellas, know what to expect when your trustworthy wife or girlfriend has a girls night out at the club or anywhere else for that matter.

Have you seen this film? Whats your take on the part I found most interesting? Anything else caught your attention. You guys should check it out when you get a chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 07:34 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
I've read about this film. Not too sure what to think...
All I can say is that if I trust someone I give them all my trust.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:59 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,758 times
I watched it and it confirmed all my viewpoints. Men like feminine women and women like masculine men

Old 07-16-2013, 08:03 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Women should probably be kept under lock and key during ovulation unless they are on the Pill (and therefore suppressing ovulation).

Old 07-16-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Women should probably be kept under lock and key during ovulation unless they are on the Pill (and therefore suppressing ovulation).
like in the old days, when men actualy new what they were doing.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:12 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,300,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
like in the old days, when men actualy new what they were doing.
And actual*l*y k"new" how to spell!

Old 07-16-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
And actual*l*y k"new" how to spell!
English is my second language, please forgive the typos

Old 07-16-2013, 08:20 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,300,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
English is my second language, please forgive the typos
And the ignorance of that statement? Are you blaming that on you're ethnicity as well?

Old 07-16-2013, 08:22 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Many women that are married that do this, just do it to show they still can get attention from the opposite sex. I had a friend that did this when we went out. She got a man to dance with her then threw him to me. She told him she was married. I usually walked away. (I don't do sloppy seconds).lol

Old 07-16-2013, 08:25 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,881 times
Never a dull moment around here.

Who goes to clubs after the age of 25? I guess I'm just a little more refined in my tastes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships