Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 03:22 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Styles View Post
that's what I'm saying, but some people here want to crucify me for it! it's like worry about that later, we need time to get all of our BS out of our system so that way we can look back and say, "No regrets, i did what i wanted"
Who wants to crucify you for it? Like I said in my first post - if you are happy with your life - why are you asking US what you should do? My only point is that life has a way of not going along with your plans. And that your life doesn't end once you fall in love. Let me put it this way - say you happen to meet the most amazing woman - are you really going to ignore her because it's not your plan to fall in love until a certain age? Life your life, have fun, and stop looking for validation from other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 03:29 PM

17 posts, read 21,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Who wants to crucify you for it? Like I said in my first post - if you are happy with your life - why are you asking US what you should do? My only point is that life has a way of not going along with your plans. And that your life doesn't end once you fall in love. Let me put it this way - say you happen to meet the most amazing woman - are you really going to ignore her because it's not your plan to fall in love until a certain age? Life your life, have fun, and stop looking for validation from other people.
then that's a different scenerio, i'd audible my plans on that instant, i'm not idiot, if she happened to be the girl of my dreams, i'd know it in that instant and forget what my plans were

Old 07-19-2013, 03:33 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
then that's a different scenerio, i'd audible my plans on that instant, i'm not idiot, if she happened to be the girl of my dreams, i'd know it in that instant and forget what my plans were
Exactly. That's my only point. When you have set plans - life has a way of screwing them up for you. Just live your life and don't be closed off to opportunities. And, by all means, don't marry a jealous, controlling harpy.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:45 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Last time I looked there is no law that requires anyone to have to make the choice between "a relationship" and no relationship...just peer pressure. You can enjoy the company of women (or not) in any way you wish. We all have free will. We create our own boxes.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:56 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
People tell women not to worry about relationships in their 20's, and then are "shocked" when those same women become the 35 and 40 year old complainers talking about

"Where are all the good men?"
"I can't find a guy"
"All the guys I'm into want younger women"

That's like me telling lebron James not to worry about getting a big max contract at 25 and wait till he's 35 with bad knees lost athleticism and 60,000 NBA minutes played
Interesting. I didn't worry about relationships in my twenties, and have spent my thirties in two LTRs. Finding men hasn't really posed a problem.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:18 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
and enjoy my life to the fullest (Traveling the world, partying, learning, meeting people)

I feel like most people from 18-29 put too much pressure on themselves to look for the "Right one" and stress themselves out with it, that they sometimes marry the wrong person just to be one of the first out of their friends to be "settled" if you really think about it, you marry at 22 and you still got 60 plus years of your life left more or less.. you really haven't lived life by 22! I've had an on and off relationship for 5 and a half years, so to me it feels i didn't do my earlier life justice, and i'm a good looking guy with high confidence that's why it doesn't bother me to get in the "relationship game" when im in my mid 30's, so in the meantime, I'm just going to enjoy my youth as much as possible because that way i'll have no regrets later on, any thoughts?
For much of my twenties, what you just said was kind of me. Pretty much had bad luck with women for most of my twenties. I would casual date here and there, but I had to put a bigger emphasis on my self instead of finding love and happiness which can dry out like water in a desert. I even ended up in a relationship with one woman, single mom to be exact who still infatuated with her ex, ended up breaking up. Ever since then I finished school, earned my BA, invested some money, hang out with friends, do some traveling here and there in a blue, and just try to enjoy life, lets not forget that I still have to build my self up. Now that I'm a bit older and wiser, I know what I want in a woman and I know what I need to obtain between now 30-35 later. In a way I'm kind of happy that I did not spend much of my twenties in relationships, because for a fact I know that in the environment where I'm from things just don't work out and people still want to see other people even if children are involved, and if I had a kid, I don't want to bring him in a world of traditional North East style broken family. Lets not forget the recession had also hit, being in a relationship would have made things turn sour. The only bad side of being single for much of my twenties is that I lack relationship experience which is a must for most women, some women like men with experience but also has experience with commitment even though it has failed. I only became desirable from women when I entered my late 20s and now 30. I don't have relationship baggage/but lack relationship experience, it is really a catch 22.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:37 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Every time that I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face gettin' clearer, the past is gone
It went by like dusk to dawn, Isn't that the way?
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay

Old 07-19-2013, 06:17 PM

863 posts, read 1,129,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Funny thing is.....

....as soon as you stop looking for that right gal......

She comes along.

Absolutely agree with you. Have fun right now.
NO NO NO...This is not true for everybody.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:38 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Interesting. I didn't worry about relationships in my twenties, and have spent my thirties in two LTRs. Finding men hasn't really posed a problem.
You probably had a lot of options....not all of us do.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:40 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
when you get married, you really can't do most of the things you want, or can do while you're single. When you're married, more than likely kids come along a yr or 2 after, so you REALLY CAN'T do a lot of things you would enjoy because you're responsible for another life. As far as anything, friends disappear when you're in a relationship, and depending on who it is, more than likely your wife could be the jealous type, so say good bye to most of your social life. Basically, most people shun themselves from the world when they get married not saying everyone but more than likely it'll happen.
And you would know this because????

I'm married, have been for the last 15yrs and we REALLY CAN do whatever we want, even with kids. I travel by myself when I get the itch to do so, I go out with my friends for dinner, movies, charity events..etc. Myhusband plays hockey twice a week with his buddies and doesn't come home until well after midnight...he and I go out pretty often when we feel like doing something together.

My whole circle of friends seems to be pretty similar to my husband and I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You have no clue what you are talking about. Oh well.
+1

Quote:
most of the time you have a great relationship with someone before you get married and after you marry them, they change out of the blue, things like this happen often as well.
Conjecture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
If I'm ever in Chicago or you are in DC, we gotta have a beer sometime. TOTALLY, live it up. You are only young once. Everyone will say, "you will still be able to do those things while in a relationship" but the reality is those things will not be priorities and it is much much more difficult to do them while having a mortgage, kids, and a wife to think about. I came in at 3:30am from a night out in DC last weekend, try doing that while in a relationship and you will NEVER hear the end of it.

Dude, listen to me as a 25 year old bachelor, get out and LIVE baby!
It's really not difficult to do these things. I'm not sure what a mortgage has to do with anything, unless one is living with mom and dad, you are paying rent or a mortgage as a single person too. Kids...well, there are 2 parents...so I don't see why one parent can't go out and do what they want? I don't have an issue with my husband being out late. He's a big boy...I'm not his mother. The next morning I'll ask "how was your night?" Yeah I know, brutal! You should feel sorry for the poor sucker. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships