Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 07:53 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times

Advertisements

He is slow and lazy about work.

Don't be slow and lazy about breaking up with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 08:07 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Default dID i MISS SOMETHING?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpioqueen View Post
I can't wait to get through these 90 days.
Why are you waiting 90 days? Just leave.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:37 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,689,217 times
Quote:
Thank you, I appreciate the positive energy I am really going to need it over the course of the next few months. I was downplaying major flaws in my previous statement even though it was not intentional. I am seriously considering counseling after everything is said and done with this so that I can address personal issues with me to start a path to becoming a better person.
Scorpio, you ARE a good person. You tried really hard to be supportive and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Counseling will help you become a Mentally Healthier person.

You can do this!

Old 08-12-2013, 07:05 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,071,120 times
Quote:
It is not attractive to me, I didn't realize these traits until the dopamine faded, I just have gotten too deep into the relationship and invested time and emotions. I am in love with this guy I just hate that about him. This is why I have decided to leave and not look back.

I came home today there are dishes piled up, several dirty pots, the stove is nasty, clothes have not been washed, etc. I didn't say anything, I work outdoors for long hours (mail carrier), I come home with achy feet and stressed out from the job, I can't wait to get through these 90 days.
Big sigh. Good luck. I told my XH I wanted a divorce and due to my guilt, I lived with him for another year (we were still divorcing, I just made it easier for him to live w/o a job). During that time, he complained about "doing everything around the house". Laundry, dishes, cooking, etc. I looked at him and said, "okay. Then pay half the rent, take care of all your own bills, we'll split utilities 70/30 because you're home all day using them and I am not, and I'll feed myself, wash my laundry, and you do the same". He literally, looked at his feet and said, "nevermind" in a very defeated voice. I told him, "you're not paying rent, this is your way of paying it. if you want to stop, that's fine, but then you have to pay rent. you can think about if you like".

By that point, I didn't feel sorry for him anymore. And I knew he couldn't afford to pay rent. All his unemployment money was going to his bills and the $200 cable bill, because y'know, he couldn't go without his cable tv.

Hugs to you. You'll make it and you'll do what is best for you. I know it's not easy and I'm sure you feel guilt and hurt and frustrated up the wazoo. Once you two move out and move on, you'll miss him, but you won't miss the stress he brought to your life and that is what will make it all worth it. I may have other stresses in my life, but it's sad, people have literally told me how much I have changed (I'm happier, more talkative, I joke more, smile more, etc)....and it's all because I finally was able to cut him loose.

Good luck. You're doing the right thing and you'll make it. Let the countdown begin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships