Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 09:06 PM

79 posts, read 445,787 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Vegas in the next few days to start fresh financially and emotionally. My girlfriend broke up with me about a year ago and i have been chasing her ever since.
It's been a very heartbreaking experience for me. I just realized it's been a year since we split 2 days ago becuase time was irrelevant to me. I have been so focused on winning her back that i
forgot to take care of myself in the process. We were talking on the phone the other night and she said some pretty cruel things. The type of things you say to someone that just digusts you.
That's when i had an epiphany to move to Vegas.

This woman that i devoted so much time and energy into is just not in love with me anymore. I need to accept it and move the hell on because it's holding me back in life.
She doesn't respect me at all and alot of it is my fault. Women only want a man to chase them if their interested otherwise you just look like a clingy boy.
Well...I'm tired of being her doormat. I am going to cut her out of my life completely. I will not answer her phone calls , text, or emails. And i'm serious

I am moving to Vegas to get financially secure and to start a new life. I barely have much money but my cousin is allowing me to stay with him for the time being untill i find a stable source of income.
So i am stepping out on faith. I don't have much to loose seeing that i'm not doing much better in California. I feel like this is what i need to get myself to the point i deserve to be at.
I feel like it will motivate me to get my life together as a man should. Now don't get me wrong i am not poor or struggling out here but i can be doing sooooo much more.

Someone posted on my other post that if you pull a bandade off slowly it hurts worse. So i am now ripping it off full stride. Taking drastic measures. That is the only way i can be happy.

My question is.
What do i do if she calls ?
What do i do about social media ?
What can i do to occupy my time so that i don't accidently call her ?

What do you think i need to know before i go into this because it's probably the biggest decision i have ever made in my entire life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 09:11 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,008,116 times
1)Ignore the calls.
2) Block her name on FB.
3) Look for employment and pick up a hobby or volunteer.

Don't make rash decisions. Take some time to cool off and think thoroughly before taking the plunge.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:12 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrblacksmith View Post
I will be moving to Vegas in the next few days to start fresh financially and emotionally. My girlfriend broke up with me about a year ago and i have been chasing her ever since.
It's been a very heartbreaking experience for me. I just realized it's been a year since we split 2 days ago becuase time was irrelevant to me. I have been so focused on winning her back that i
forgot to take care of myself in the process. We were talking on the phone the other night and she said some pretty cruel things. The type of things you say to someone that just digusts you.

This woman that i devoted so much time and energy into is just not in love with me anymore. I need to accept it and move the hell on because it's holding me back in life.
She doesn't respect me at all and alot of it is my fault. Women only want a man to chase them if their interested otherwise you just look like a clingy boy.
Well...I'm tired of being her doormat. I am going to cut her out of my life completely. I will not answer her phone calls , text, or emails. And i'm serious

I am moving to Vegas to get financially secure and to start a new life. I barely have much money but my cousin is allowing me to stay with him for the time being untill i find a stable source of income.
So i am stepping out on faith. I don't have much to loose seeing that i'm not doing much better in California. I feel like this is what i need to get myself to the point i deserve to be at.
I feel like it will motivate me to get my life together as a man should. Now don't get me wrong i am not poor or struggling out here but i can be doing sooooo much more.

Someone posted on my other post that if you pull a bandade off slowly it hurts worse. So i am now ripping it off full stride. Taking drastic measures. That is the only way i can be happy.

My question is.

What do you think i need to know before i go into this because it's probably the biggest decision i have ever made in my entire life.

You have made a good start by putting one foot in front of the other

Now, just keep walking.

DO NOT look back.

That means, you do not answer if she calls.

You unfriend her on facebook.

You concentrate on staying very busy so that your mind will not have time to ruminate over her.

Moving to a new city will give you lots of opportunity for staying busy, if you take it.

Best of luck!

Old 08-29-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
1)Ignore the calls.
2) Block her name on FB.
3) Look for employment and pick up a hobby or volunteer.

Don't make rash decisions. Take some time to cool off and think thoroughly before taking the plunge.
I have a job out here but it's not where i want to be.
I was offered the opportunity to moved to Vegas a while back but turned it down to wait around for my Ex.
I know it seems crazy but you have to understand i was crazy for this person. Everything reminds me of her. Everywhere i go i feel like we have a memory there. I don't plan on staying permanently but defintely for a few months and if i do like it ill stay longer. But i can't be here in california anymore

Old 08-29-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You have made a good start by putting one foot in front of the other

Now, just keep walking.

DO NOT look back.

That means, you do not answer if she calls.

You unfriend her on facebook.

You concentrate on staying very busy so that your mind will not have time to ruminate over her.

Moving to a new city will give you lots of opportunity for staying busy, if you take it.

Best of luck!
Thanks for the advice ! Your absolutely right

Old 08-29-2013, 09:20 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
running away isn't the solution, but I can understand why. just be sure its for you, and not because of her.

go absolutely no contact;, its imperative you do this to move forward!

gl

Old 08-29-2013, 09:28 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrblacksmith View Post

My question is.

Good luck over there, now if she really feels so negatively about you I don't see any reason for her to call you or text you and I don't think you can call her by accident. If you call her it is on purpose and that won't do you any good so please avoid doing it. Just focus on your future and you will be fine, there are plenty of women out there.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:39 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
When did you decide this? Today?

Maybe you should consider how well acting emotionally and rashly has worked for you in the recent past. Read some of your old threads, for a start.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
When did you decide this? Today?

Maybe you should consider how well acting emotionally and rashly has worked for you in the recent past. Read some of your old threads, for a start.
I had a long talk with my mother after my ex said al lthose things and i decided then.
it has been on my mind for a while now . So it's not really rash. This is just what i needed to push me
to actually go through with it.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:37 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,050 times
Do you like playing cards at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships