Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 05:27 PM

4 posts, read 15,535 times

Advertisements

I've been dating a guy for close to 7 months now. We had our problems and arguments in the past, but we've always kissed and made up. Since we met, we have been talking/texting everyday. In the beginning we hung out close to 4/5 days a week. But after we hit the 6 month mark, we started talking less and hanging out less. This wasn't a problem though because we were still happy. At least I felt happy and felt like everything was normal.

But over the weekend we got into an argument and he ended up leaving my place. The next day, we went out to a bar with a group of mutual friends. We went separately and didn't really talk to one another. It was almost like we went out of our way to avoid one another. Whenever he was talking to a friend, I avoided that area until he left and vice versa.The only thing that was said was "Well...I guess I'll talk to you later" at the end of the night.

We texted a little bit yesterday (I texted first) and I haven't heard from him at all today. And I'm worried because this isn't normal for us to go this long without really talking or spending time together.

Why do you think I haven't heard from him? Should I text him first again? Am I overthinking? Is it normal to go this long without talking to your bf?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 05:30 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,736 times
what 2-3 days?

so you guys had an argument, give him some space. he hasn't talked about the relationship being over has he?

#wheresthisrelationshipgoing

Old 09-10-2013, 05:33 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Sounds like all you two do is fight and argue! Give it up.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:35 PM

4 posts, read 15,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Sounds like all you two do is fight and argue! Give it up.
That's not a fair statement. We fight sometimes, like most couples.......

Old 09-10-2013, 05:44 PM

211 posts, read 373,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airier View Post
I've been dating a guy for close to 7 months now. We had our problems and arguments in the past, but we've always kissed and made up. Since we met, we have been talking/texting everyday. In the beginning we hung out close to 4/5 days a week. But after we hit the 6 month mark, we started talking less and hanging out less. This wasn't a problem though because we were still happy. At least I felt happy and felt like everything was normal.

But over the weekend we got into an argument and he ended up leaving my place. The next day, we went out to a bar with a group of mutual friends. We went separately and didn't really talk to one another. It was almost like we went out of our way to avoid one another. Whenever he was talking to a friend, I avoided that area until he left and vice versa.The only thing that was said was "Well...I guess I'll talk to you later" at the end of the night.

We texted a little bit yesterday (I texted first) and I haven't heard from him at all today. And I'm worried because this isn't normal for us to go this long without really talking or spending time together.

Why do you think I haven't heard from him? Should I text him first again? Am I overthinking? Is it normal to go this long without talking to your bf?
Relationship over.. Dude moved on. Time for you to do the same.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:36 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
Call him if you want to talk. It's not rocket science.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:03 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
He's probably starting 'the fade' and will slowly start disappearing until he's completely gone. Happens all the time.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:06 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
That's not a fair statement. We fight sometimes, like most couples.......
You haven't even had problems yet!!

Wait till you live together and have to pay bills, feed the kids, work 40 + hours on top of that.

Move on...

Old 09-10-2013, 07:33 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Quote:

Since none of us are mind readers, who knows what's going on with him? It could be any number of things. It's been what a day? I understand how you might feel a little anxious, but the best thing you can do is just step back a little and let HIM be the one to make the re-connect. If you keep texting him and stuff without any replies in return, you'll only come across as needy and clingy - not the way you want him to think about you, I'm sure.

I've always thought of men as hunters at heart - they love the thrill of the chase and can become bored once they've already caught it. Let him come to you. Call up a girlfriend and go do something fun with her and keep your cell turned off the whole time, so you aren't hoping for a call instead of having a little fun without him. You can pick up his voicemail/texts later - they'll still be there whenever. If you give him the feeling that all he has to do is whistle for you and you'll come running, he can't but start to take you for granted. Don't let him take you for granted. You do have your own life. Let him be intrigued by it, not bored of it.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:10 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Since none of us are mind readers, who knows what's going on with him? It could be any number of things. It's been what a day? I understand how you might feel a little anxious, but the best thing you can do is just step back a little and let HIM be the one to make the re-connect. If you keep texting him and stuff without any replies in return, you'll only come across as needy and clingy - not the way you want him to think about you, I'm sure.

I've always thought of men as hunters at heart - they love the thrill of the chase and can become bored once they've already caught it. Let him come to you. Call up a girlfriend and go do something fun with her and keep your cell turned off the whole time, so you aren't hoping for a call instead of having a little fun without him. You can pick up his voicemail/texts later - they'll still be there whenever. If you give him the feeling that all he has to do is whistle for you and you'll come running, he can't but start to take you for granted. Don't let him take you for granted. You do have your own life. Let him be intrigued by it, not bored of it.
That's really good advice.

I feel like an honest talk would be great since 7 months is not an unreasonable of time to move beyond the cat/mouse game, but only you know what's best and I'd agree that maybe doing so makes it less challenging for him. Why play games when if two people truly bond and have a strong connection, there is no need to? Or maybe you do have to play the game a little, but something I'd question if compatibility issues are involved?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships