Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 02:21 PM

296 posts, read 734,435 times

Advertisements

She has been on my mind everyday since the day we parted and that's been roughly over 3 months ago

Well anyway I could not take not talking to her any longer so I e-mailed her and told her how I felt.I thought her reply was not going to turn out not so good come to find out she's been feeling the same way about me.She apologized for how she over reacted and told me that she was so happy that I e-mailed her because it saved her from the embarassment.She said she has been missing me the whole time just like how I have been missing her and we have agreed to be friends and start all over again.I think that was pretty cool,We talked last night and had a great conversation.

Have any of you ever cracked and called or e-mailed your ex's?

If so what was the outcome?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 03:54 PM

491 posts, read 1,045,606 times
I emailed my ex after 6months of being broken up. After two weeks of not hearing from him, I honestly thought he was never going to reply, but sure enough he did.

He gave me his number (he had changed it after the breakup), and we texted back and forth for about a week before deciding to meet up for lunch. We had lunch, caught up, laughed, apologized to eachother for the hurt we caused one another, cried, laughed some more, etc...

Afterwards , we began texting all the time, morning to night, just like the old days. And just like you and your ex, we agreed to start slow, just be friends, get to know eachother again, and if we are meant to be, then we will be.

Yeeeeeaaaaah, not so much....He was still (and very obviously) hurt and angry for the pain I caused him, and hadnt gotten over it like he said when he replied in the email. The more we talked, the more he started bringing up the past, yada, yada, yada. Needless to say, things didn't work out between us. During the time we were "maybe going to get back together" he caused me a lot of pain, made me feel awful for what I had done wrong in our relationship, and I cried more being "just friends" than I ever did while we were together.
Now looking back though, I do not regret, nor am I still hurt that he and I did not work out.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:35 PM

917 posts, read 2,947,619 times
After a year, he cracked and e-mailed me. We slowly became friends and then best friends over the next two years. Then I cracked and told him I wanted to get back together. And we did.

It's now been almost two years since we started dating and it's been the best two years of my life.

For what it's worth, we both needed that year of separation to grow up. The man I became friends with and am now planning to marry is not the boy I broke up with five years ago.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaTado View Post
After a year, he cracked and e-mailed me. We slowly became friends and then best friends over the next two years. Then I cracked and told him I wanted to get back together. And we did.

It's now been almost two years since we started dating and it's been the best two years of my life.

For what it's worth, we both needed that year of separation to grow up. The man I became friends with and am now planning to marry is not the boy I broke up with five years ago.

What a nice ending, Sounds like something that would happen in a book or something lol.Im glad it's going well for you two!

Old 01-12-2010, 09:06 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaTado View Post

It's a great story and I'm happy for you, but this outcome is more the exception than the rule.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:10 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
Yep called an ex from 2001. He is married and lives close. At least this is what his mom told me. lol oh gawd.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMOM83 View Post
I emailed my ex after 6months of being broken up. After two weeks of not hearing from him, I honestly thought he was never going to reply, but sure enough he did.

He gave me his number (he had changed it after the breakup), and we texted back and forth for about a week before deciding to meet up for lunch. We had lunch, caught up, laughed, apologized to eachother for the hurt we caused one another, cried, laughed some more, etc...

Afterwards , we began texting all the time, morning to night, just like the old days. And just like you and your ex, we agreed to start slow, just be friends, get to know eachother again, and if we are meant to be, then we will be.

Yeeeeeaaaaah, not so much....He was still (and very obviously) hurt and angry for the pain I caused him, and hadnt gotten over it like he said when he replied in the email. The more we talked, the more he started bringing up the past, yada, yada, yada. Needless to say, things didn't work out between us. During the time we were "maybe going to get back together" he caused me a lot of pain, made me feel awful for what I had done wrong in our relationship, and I cried more being "just friends" than I ever did while we were together.
Now looking back though, I do not regret, nor am I still hurt that he and I did not work out.

In my opinion bringing back up bad things in the past is one of the worst things you can do if your broke up with your ex and recently became friends again.Sorry that had to happen to you it's terrible that you cried more being friends then being together.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's a great story and I'm happy for you, but this outcome is more the exception than the rule.

Could you explain why you said it's more of the exception than the rule?

Im not fully comprehending what you are saying.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:14 PM

525 posts, read 948,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMOM83 View Post

Sorry to hear that.. Good that you have no regrets..

Old 01-12-2010, 09:14 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,590,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90'sHip_Hop_Head View Post
She has been on my mind everyday since the day we parted and that's been roughly over 3 months ago

Well anyway I could not take not talking to her any longer so I e-mailed her and told her how I felt.I thought her reply was not going to turn out not so good come to find out she's been feeling the same way about me.She apologized for how she over reacted and told me that she was so happy that I e-mailed her because it saved her from the embarassment.She said she has been missing me the whole time just like how I have been missing her and we have agreed to be friends and start all over again.I think that was pretty cool,We talked last night and had a great conversation.

Have any of you ever cracked and called or e-mailed your ex's?

If so what was the outcome?
It could go either way, really. My experience has been good when it's happened with me, though the relationship never did fully rekindle. We tried! We're still friends, though. But I've seen it fail miserably with other people, too.

Just keep your eyes wide open, watch for patterns that were similar to the past and don't expect that things will go back to how they were. Feelings can and do resurface - but they're not always good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships