Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 06:31 AM

10 posts, read 13,102 times

Advertisements

I don't want to mess up the rest of this vacation by having yet another useless talk with my wife. This is the last straw, Things are going to be mighty different when we get home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 06:39 AM

706 posts, read 1,205,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
I don't want to mess up the rest of this vacation by having yet another useless talk with my wife. This is the last straw, Things are going to be mighty different when we get home.
What??!! I'm so sorry.

Have a couple Mai Tais or a bottle of wine. That might help. Ummm Hawaii and if there's no kids = sex at least twice a day. IMO

Old 08-12-2013, 06:40 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Well, it could be worse. You could be in Des Moines. (Or any other place that is not Hawaii.)

Old 08-12-2013, 06:46 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Have that talk later. Try to enjoy yourself.

Go to the strip clubs; they have most gorgeous women in the world prancing away your worries just a suggestion.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:46 AM

50,797 posts, read 36,501,346 times
If you and your wife had a sexless marriage and you went on this trip thinking it would magically transform everything, that part is on you. It's called a covert contract "I will take us to this wonderful romantic place and in return she will be sooo grateful she will have sex with me" and that is not correct thinking. If your wife does not desire you in one setting, why think she will desire you in a different setting?

If you are in a sexless marriage, spending the money on a marriage counselor may help, but a trip, flowers, jewelery or washing the dishes definitely will not. You need to find out what happened in your marriage to kill your wife's desire to be close to you, or nothing will change. You can go home and demand she comply, but it will be duty sex and I am betting what you really want is for her to desire you and be in love with you again.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:19 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
A sexless marriage is something I don't know what to tell people to do about.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:23 AM

896 posts, read 1,177,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
If you and your wife had a sexless marriage and you went on this trip thinking it would magically transform everything, that part is on you. It's called a covert contract "I will take us to this wonderful romantic place and in return she will be sooo grateful she will have sex with me" and that is not correct thinking. If your wife does not desire you in one setting, why think she will desire you in a different setting?

If you are in a sexless marriage, spending the money on a marriage counselor may help, but a trip, flowers, jewelery or washing the dishes definitely will not. You need to find out what happened in your marriage to kill your wife's desire to be close to you, or nothing will change. You can go home and demand she comply, but it will be duty sex and I am betting what you really want is for her to desire you and be in love with you again.
I agree with your post except for one thing, your assumption that something happened to "kill" his wife's desire to be with him sexually. For all we know the desire was never there to begin with, perhaps she had a low sex drive all along. Or perhaps she is sleeping with someone else. Or perhaps it has nothing to do with the marriage itself and instead she has some type of physical problem.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:26 AM

678 posts, read 698,012 times
seems like you guys have ben married for a long time.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:28 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
I agree with your post except for one thing, your assumption that something happened to "kill" his wife's desire to be with him sexually. For all we know the desire was never there to begin with, perhaps she had a low sex drive all along. Or perhaps she is sleeping with someone else. Or perhaps it has nothing to do with the marriage itself and instead she has some type of physical problem.
I once asked men here why men might stop having sex with their wives and the most common given answer by the men was "not in love with her anymore".

Last edited by srjth; 08-12-2013 at 08:51 AM..

Old 08-12-2013, 08:29 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,689,217 times
It could very well be a medical issue with her. Sometimes those hormones just don't flow for a variety of reasons. Some women suffer from low testosterone and it is a simple matter of an Rx. Depression is another reason. How is her emotional health?

I was in her shoes once. No interest in sex due to depression, then due to the antidepressants I was taking. (plus my husband was a jerk).

Whatever her challenges, I hope you are thinking of her needs as well as her own. My marriage would have been so different if my husband had JUST ONCE said "I'm sorry you are struggling, it really pains me to see you feeling this bad. What can I do to help" and then, of course if he had actually offered some follow through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships