Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 12:18 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
How OLD are you anyway? 17? 18?

Hate to break it to you, but while women do have an early advantage in their teens and early twenties, men tend to hold the upper hand after that.

Oh, wait. Let me clarify. Men hold the upper hand who are not:

-- Crashing bores
-- Dressed as if they shop one hour yearly at the local thrift store, and hurriedly at that
-- Mesmerized 24/7 by video games and sports
-- Completely unfamiliar with the concept of exercise
-- Devoid of purpose in their lives
-- Slinking into every room in an insecure way as if they were a dog that just got a haircut
-- Totally clueless when it comes to the treatment of others
-- Treating personal grooming and hygiene as something optional
-- Treating women as little better than life support systems for vaginas

Notice that money is not a factor here. Hell, when I was single, I barely scraped by, yet never had any problem in my dating life. Oh, sure, there were a couple of girls who were gold diggers, but so what? They weren't the kind of women I'd want to spend much time with anyway. In fact, most women are so happy to encounter a fun, smart guy who is capable of a two-way conversation longer than five minutes without lunging for her boobs that they'll happily overlook a lot of things in his debit column. The fact that you make up your laundry list tells me that you know nothing about women at all, instead thinking in incredibly broad and inaccurate generalities.

Get a clue, guys. If you're in your mid-20s and can't date someone, anyone of quality for more than a handful of times, then you fit into at least one or two of the categories above. So consider this a self-examination moment. Glad to help.
Unfortunately, the people who need this post the most will not see themselves in it.

But here's another hint: Constant analysis falls into the "crashing bores" category. Good gawd almighty, it's boring online. Can't imagine what the hell these people talk about in person if and when they get dates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 12:40 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeViolationMcEnroe View Post
A few pts:
  • 1) Any above-average woman (i.e. a woman in the top 50%) gets loads of attention from men, while a man has to be in the top 2-3% to get any attention from women.
  • 2) What makes 1) worse is that men are supposed to have confidence and self-esteem. The 97-98% of men who don't get attention from women have to conjure false confidence out of thin air. On the other hand, any above-average woman gets tons of confidence-building attention and validation.
  • 3) Women want a man who makes at least as much money as them, and strongly prefer rich men, while men will date women of any income bracket.
  • 4) Women obviously care about looks, and there's a strong argument that they care about looks more than men do. The problem for men is that the 2 things that significantly detract from our looks -- being short or bald -- are things that are outside our control. The things that detract from a woman's looks are being overweight or having no rack; remedies exist for both those problems. Moreover, women have a more narrow and uncompromising set of physical preferences than men. That's why, if you read women's romance novels, every guy is described the exact same (as someone no this forum once mentioned).
  • 5) Men are supposed to be the entertainers on dates; women are the entertainees. It's always more difficult to be the entertainer.

I dont know what to say, or don't know where to begin or start. Not half of all women are above average in looks department unless if you live in the sunbelt region. Generally most women are average in looks, probably a tiny minority of women who are really hot or really unattractive. Yes plenty of women mainly average womem want a man they find physically attracted to and this is nothing new its just the nature of biology and the sign of the times. Not all guys are hot but mainly average. Avenue rage do not date other averages unless she wants to settle and he does not mind. An average woman is very insecure about her looks so having a man that she is physically and emotionally attracted to will boost herself worth. Plenty of average women will get pregnant, become broke, jaded catch stds with hot guys they chase after. And agsin these women want to make it work at the end of the day with these guys. Hell money is also not a problem. These days women work and women can provide their own stability, safety and security, and man is no longer needed for this. All a woman needs you is for emotional support, and someone to desire over until that burns out. If money is your issue to get a woman, move to NYC, Sf, DC, Boston and live in these hip trendy areas with heavly indebted careerist women who are looking for men with money. Usually the highest bidder wins, hell even that pool is small. Having muscles, a goos education and no criminal record is not going to help you get a basic woman these days, personality will go out the window for plenty of women when looking for a man. My best bet is for you to increase your desirability. Even if you get friend zoned, be friends with a chick which will help you get other women. 2 go after women you find unattractive. 3 if you can try ane aim for a hot woman which will make average women jealous. Also learn from rejection. These days plenty of women will go through so many guys and thats something you have to acknowledge, also dont be needy. I gave my advice. But really you need to put yourself out there to see where you stand amongst women and competing men in the dating world. Me i did not become better with women until my mid to late 20s.

Learn and preach! Church!

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 10-21-2013 at 01:00 AM..

Old 10-21-2013, 12:41 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeViolationMcEnroe View Post
A few pts:
  • 1) Any above-average woman (i.e. a woman in the top 50%) gets loads of attention from men, while a man has to be in the top 2-3% to get any attention from women.
  • 2) What makes 1) worse is that men are supposed to have confidence and self-esteem. The 97-98% of men who don't get attention from women have to conjure false confidence out of thin air. On the other hand, any above-average woman gets tons of confidence-building attention and validation.
  • 3) Women want a man who makes at least as much money as them, and strongly prefer rich men, while men will date women of any income bracket.
  • 4) Women obviously care about looks, and there's a strong argument that they care about looks more than men do. The problem for men is that the 2 things that significantly detract from our looks -- being short or bald -- are things that are outside our control. The things that detract from a woman's looks are being overweight or having no rack; remedies exist for both those problems. Moreover, women have a more narrow and uncompromising set of physical preferences than men. That's why, if you read women's romance novels, every guy is described the exact same (as someone no this forum once mentioned).
  • 5) Men are supposed to be the entertainers on dates; women are the entertainees. It's always more difficult to be the entertainer.

A guy reading this miight want to drink a few pts.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:02 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,878 times
You're spot on, but your going to get flamed by a bunch of angry women. Our current society in the western world is bad karma for the way women have had it since the beginning of time, so maybe it's just a little payback. On another note, my mom says that our current society breeds crazy women because they're allowed to be crazy without any real consequences. The can pretty much act any way they want without dealing with the repercussions of it.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:04 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
You have my attention.

I'm mid 20s and poor and have never had any problem with women. They don't even ask to be honest. Women just want to have a good time, you can show them a good time without spending a lot of money. If you are spending a lot of money, you're definitely doing it wrong. Hell, I have never even been asked what I make. The girl I just broke up with, was a doctor and the one I'm talking to now is a nurse. The one before that was a journalist. None of them cared about money, they just enjoyed my company and were happy I treated them well.

It is not that hard to be confident in yourself, that doesn't mean be the loudest tool at the party.. it means holding a conversation and being able to just talk. It's not hard.

Oh, and in regards to the short thing, this girl I met now is someone I met online. We started talking for a while and she liked me a lot. After an hour or so of texting she asked how tall I was, and I told her I was 5'4. I did not tell her my real height for two more days and she continued talking to me the whole time. She said it was not a problem at all. I did however tell her my real height after a bit. Stop getting so worked up about things you can't help and just realize it's not a big deal.

Also, read the quote below again

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
How OLD are you anyway? 17? 18?

Hate to break it to you, but while women do have an early advantage in their teens and early twenties, men tend to hold the upper hand after that.

Oh, wait. Let me clarify. Men hold the upper hand who are not:

-- Crashing bores
-- Dressed as if they shop one hour yearly at the local thrift store, and hurriedly at that
-- Mesmerized 24/7 by video games and sports
-- Completely unfamiliar with the concept of exercise
-- Devoid of purpose in their lives
-- Slinking into every room in an insecure way as if they were a dog that just got a haircut
-- Totally clueless when it comes to the treatment of others
-- Treating personal grooming and hygiene as something optional
-- Treating women as little better than life support systems for vaginas

Notice that money is not a factor here. Hell, when I was single, I barely scraped by, yet never had any problem in my dating life. Oh, sure, there were a couple of girls who were gold diggers, but so what? They weren't the kind of women I'd want to spend much time with anyway. In fact, most women are so happy to encounter a fun, smart guy who is capable of a two-way conversation longer than five minutes without lunging for her boobs that they'll happily overlook a lot of things in his debit column. The fact that you make up your laundry list tells me that you know nothing about women at all, instead thinking in incredibly broad and inaccurate generalities.

Get a clue, guys. If you're in your mid-20s and can't date someone, anyone of quality for more than a handful of times, then you fit into at least one or two of the categories above. So consider this a self-examination moment. Glad to help.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:50 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I'm mid 20s and poor and have never had any problem with women. They don't even ask to be honest. Women just want to have a good time, you can show them a good time without spending a lot of money. If you are spending a lot of money, you're definitely doing it wrong. Hell, I have never even been asked what I make. The girl I just broke up with, was a doctor and the one I'm talking to now is a nurse. The one before that was a journalist. None of them cared about money, they just enjoyed my company and were happy I treated them well.

That can't be it unless for some reason women can't have a good time with guys who are not hot.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:55 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
That can't be it unless for some reason women can't have a good time with guys who are not hot.

Find a girl that has an interest in something you're really interested in. Common ground helps. Come on, I see ugly ass dudes with girls I wouldn't even approach. There's no way you're too ugly to date

Old 10-21-2013, 02:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,121 times
Women have it hard too, they run the risks of being fat and unattractive. I disagree with the behavior some women love to practice. You see this standoffish behavior at nightclubs. They use their sexuality as a weapon. It's competitive, what do you expect when you have 15 drunk dudes groping you. You havent had this kind of attention all week long, and now it just fun. Natural selection dudes. That's the beauty of being a man. You have to learn to be awesome, and once you do become awesome, you realize that this **** is all for a reason. And that's so the living doesn't turn retarded, sick, and lack confidence. It's to progress, its to evolve into something greater then we are now.

To the men that are talking OP down, you too are losers. Not all of you, but to the ones that have typical answers. Because if you were truly abundant with women, if you truly had your sex lives under control, you would understand what he is really taking about. Proud to be apart of the top 10% and I enjoy going out and meeting girls, being rejected as an experience to reach the top 2% of that, so that when I go out, I could make the ***** soak and have my choice of the girl that I like most.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:35 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
I said it in the other thread

The men who say women have it easier In dating and women have it harder are almost always in their late teen-Early to mid 20's

The women who say this isn't true are almost always over 30

Old 10-21-2013, 07:12 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I said it in the other thread

The men who say women have it easier In dating and women have it harder are almost always in their late teen-Early to mid 20's

The women who say this isn't true are almost always over 30
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships