Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 08:50 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
How can you be so sure?

I can bet it isn't so great, especially the person thats been betrayed; infidelity will always loom over their entire relationship--Its something one never forgets.
Because I'm really close friends with one of the couples. The other couple is getting divorced - but it wasn't because of infidelity. In both cases - the cheating happened before they got married.

I'm not saying it's ALWAYS possible or that staying together is always the best option. I'm just saying that it is possible in some cases- but not if the other person cheats back or constantly throws it in the other person's face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 08:56 AM

71 posts, read 255,299 times
No, I don't think the person who was cheated on should then cheat.

It only lets the cheater think that they are "even" and absolves them of guilt.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:57 AM

105 posts, read 182,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
The relationship was doomed when she cheated. I don't even know why he stay with her, and worse, marry her.
I'm getting that their relationship was ''great'' (according to the poster) when the man proposed and practically during their whole marriage, that his change is happening this year. I guess that guy must have been bottling all up until he couldn't take it any longer.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:01 AM

105 posts, read 182,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrokegal View Post
No, I don't think the person who was cheated on should then cheat.

It only lets the cheater think that they are "even" and absolves them of guilt.
Or maybe it can also teach them a lesson of not doing to others what they wouldn't like it being done on them.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:15 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxton9 View Post
This is the story of a supposedly reformed cheater; the one that does it at some point but never repeats it again. This woman cheated when they were bf and gf but looks like the tables have turned. She's suspecting that her now husband is recently cheating. But wouldn't that be even? One thing I've noticed is reformed cheaters (or active cheaters) are very good at detecting other cheaters quicker than someone who never cheated....
Relationships based on paybacks and gotchas are emotional cesspools.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:28 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,641 times
The cheater should expect an eye for an eye for their actions. What comes around goes around.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:37 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
If you are obsessed with the idea that your partner will cheat on you, there's an easy solution: lock yourself in your house.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:51 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Hell yeah. And preferably sooner rather than later.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:58 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
Quote:
This is the story of a supposedly reformed cheater; the one that does it at some point but never repeats it again. This woman cheated when they were bf and gf but looks like the tables have turned. She's suspecting that her now husband is recently cheating. But wouldn't that be even? One thing I've noticed is reformed cheaters (or active cheaters) are very good at detecting other cheaters quicker than someone who never cheated.

My husband is bringing back my past cheating but do I deserve it?
So True

Old 10-20-2013, 09:07 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
This is the story of a supposedly reformed cheater; the one that does it at some point but never repeats it again. This woman cheated when they were bf and gf but looks like the tables have turned. She's suspecting that her now husband is recently cheating. But wouldn't that be even? One thing I've noticed is reformed cheaters (or active cheaters) are very good at detecting other cheaters quicker than someone who never cheated.

My husband is bringing back my past cheating but do I deserve it?
When you decide to stay with someone after you've caught them cheating, you implicitly agree to forgive them for that transgression. Forgiveness does not mean you keep that transgression in your back pocket to throw in their face whenever you get angry.

To be honest, I think our culture's insistence that cheating is always some kind death-penalty offense is ridiculous. If you are married to someone for 30, 40 or 50 years and you only cheat on them on a couple of occasions in all that time, you are GOOD at monogamy, not bad at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships