Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2014, 07:38 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The worst was hearing the weather reports. Anchorage 30 degrees, western South Dakota is 20 below.

He was telling me this winter he was driving when a blizzard rolled in, couldn't see squat. Then he got stuck in a snow drift. When the blizzard cleared, he found he was on the wrong side of the road, and there was a guy right across the road from him heading the opposite direction, stuck in the same drift....on the wrong side of the road.

I think I might have actually had a worse winter then he did. These Great Lakes can make everything so much worse.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:39 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I too hope family is better SD & BL, I to enjoy hearing about the adventures you two go on, some pics ever so often would also be nice too.

Mags nice pictures, thank you for sharing.

My pleasure.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:40 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Just got off of the phone with my Dad... I guess her body rejected the latest meds.... it's not looking good..... They are gonna regroup tomorrow and see what the latest is.........things aren't looking good for her......I spoke with my dad on the phone and tried to keep it together for his sake.... I can tell he was losing it a bit when we hung up......................

I hate being so completely helpless..... feel so ineffectual....... like throwing a glass of water on an inferno...........

Hugs, Chow, so, so sorry to hear this try with the meds wasn't successful.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:51 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Just got off of the phone with my Dad... I guess her body rejected the latest meds.... it's not looking good..... They are gonna regroup tomorrow and see what the latest is.........things aren't looking good for her......I spoke with my dad on the phone and tried to keep it together for his sake.... I can tell he was losing it a bit when we hung up......................

I hate being so completely helpless..... feel so ineffectual....... like throwing a glass of water on an inferno...........

Sorry to hear, Chow. You, your step-mom, and your dad are all in my thoughts. Big hugs and love to you.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:53 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Chow and Sea, I'm so sorry. Thinking of your family.

Last edited by TheBeagleLady; 04-26-2014 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: Didn't mean to leave out Sea!

Old 04-26-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
SD, you mentioned moving to Montana. Are you okay with the Dakota winters? I know that part of the country is lovely but the winters scare me a little. When it's 10 or 20 below here, I think, "Well, at least it's not North Dakota."
It really depends where you are in the state. We are in the "banana belt" (but don't kid yourself....it can get really fricking cold!). We can get dumped on with snow, but it's usually pretty sunny and we have plenty of mild days with temps above freezing and into the 50's. It's not even that unusual to have 60's or 70's. Comparing it to the eastern part of the state (and eastern Nebraska where I used to live), I think winters here are much more tolerable. Snow doesn't stay on the ground for months at a time, and it doesn't feel as gloomy to me.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I too hope family is better SD & BL, I to enjoy hearing about the adventures you two go on, some pics ever so often would also be nice too.

Mags nice pictures, thank you for sharing.
Thanks, and we'll see what we can do! Maybe I'll add friends again and put some pics in my profile.

Things are okay with my dad. He was very lucky in that the damage could have been much worse, but it's still pretty tough on him and my mom. It doesn't help that my two siblings, who live in the same COUNTY as my parents, treat them like crap and don't help at all. We just try to make a trip down there every few months and help with what needs to be done and enjoy the time we have.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:05 PM

Sooooo.....I had one pound to lose this week to finally make my Weight Watcher goal. I missed it by 0.2. TWO TENTHS OF A POUND. ARRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!

There's always next week, I guess.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:14 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Things are okay with my dad. He was very lucky in that the damage could have been much worse, but it's still pretty tough on him and my mom. It doesn't help that my two siblings, who live in the same COUNTY as my parents, treat them like crap and don't help at all. We just try to make a trip down there every few months and help with what needs to be done and enjoy the time we have.
Best thoughts to you...

And **** to your siblings.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Best thoughts to you...

And **** to your siblings.
Thanks! And agreed. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships