Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 12:47 PM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikesRocks View Post
I wanted to but my parents stopped me, at the end of the day I really hate that they did that. Without going into details I didn't date anyone til I left home. When I did they were the girls that approached me. Now I have no ****ing clue what to do and I'm trying to fix that.

I feel I'm better than average looking but I wanted to confirm that. I have no real basis to have any confidence around women and I can't just pull it out of my ass. I'm trying to be confident about the way I look and go off that.

See so that is the ****ed up place I'm coming from. I'm trying to get on this before its too late and I have no one because I'm honestly not going to go back to women I don't find that attractive.
IMO, you are average, not better than. And maybe after years of not having a successful relationship, you'll reprioritize how important a "9", based on appearance only, really is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 12:48 PM

39 posts, read 35,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You're a stud. Approach the supermodels. Their rejections are probably because you're so hot they're intimidated. Go forth. Have fun.
Your sarcasm is of no help.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:50 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The level of attractiveness at which you judge the women who are approaching you is also basically your own level of attractiveness. So if 7s, 8s, 9s and 10s never approach you then you can rest assured that you are not considered on that level of attractiveness either.
Not necassarily..my good looking friend has women who swarm him all the time but theyre not the women hes attracted to..the very good looking women he has to approach himself because they dont need to approach..the more plain and average women are usually the most agressive much moreso then very attractive women who dont need to make the first move..

Old 11-06-2013, 12:51 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
I'll say this. I don't have a problem going for the attractive women but I'd like to at least think I have a shot with them before I go up to them. Otherwise I know I'm going to get rejected. If I don't think I can have them there is no way they are going to be interested in me as I'll look like I'm scared of them or something.

This whole thing has turned into a mess.

I feel like what I got from the beginning though was probably the most useful. If average chicks are approaching a guy who does absolutely nothing out of the ordinary around them the guy is probably fairly attractive.
So - you only find very attractive women attractive. You can't possibly be attracted to average women. But instead of just approaching the women you actually find attractive - you want us to tell you how attractive you are and predict what your results will be with women of different levels of attractiveness? So basically - you just want us to tell you that you are pretty?

Dude - go after the women that you are interested in. There's nothing more to be said.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:51 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Not necassarily..my good looking friend has women who swarm him all the time but theyre not the women hes attracted to..the very good looking women he has to approach himself because they dont need to approach..the more plain and average women are usually the most agressive much moreso then very attractive women who dont need to make the first move..
I basically said the EXACT same thing in my 2 posts that followed the one you quoted.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
IMO, you are average, not better than. And maybe after years of not having a successful relationship, you'll reprioritize how important a "9", based on appearance only, really is.
I didn't talk about personality at all here because I feel that's a crap shoot and there is no way I can tell that when approaching someone. I'd say they're unrelated really. I would think an attractive woman is going to want to be with an attractive guy for the most par and then if they are compatible they will stay together.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
So - you only find very attractive women attractive. You can't possibly be attracted to average women. But instead of just approaching the women you actually find attractive - you want us to tell you how attractive you are and predict what your results will be with women of different levels of attractiveness? So basically - you just want us to tell you that you are pretty?

Dude - go after the women that you are interested in. There's nothing more to be said.
Not what I'm looking for but whatever this whole thing went down the drain.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:55 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Not what I'm looking for but whatever this whole thing went down the drain.
Then what ARE you looking for?

Old 11-06-2013, 12:58 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
I wanted to but my parents stopped me, at the end of the day I really hate that they did that. Without going into details I didn't date anyone til I left home. When I did they were the girls that approached me. Now I have no ****ing clue what to do and I'm trying to fix that.

I feel I'm better than average looking but I wanted to confirm that. I have no real basis to have any confidence around women and I can't just pull it out of my ass. I'm trying to be confident about the way I look and go off that.

See so that is the ****ed up place I'm coming from. I'm trying to get on this before its too late and I have no one because I'm honestly not going to go back to women I don't find that attractive.
Again, unless you make a LOT of money....and do a drastic overall on your general attitude and outlook regarding women, nothing will ever change for you. EVER.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Then what ARE you looking for?
Very simply I was wondering if average looking women approaching me means they think they're going to get somewhere with me because I can't do better or if it means that I'm attractive enough to have them break the social norm and approch me. Maybe its both? Maybe how much and who I'm approached by women means absolutely nothing.

It doesn't matter why I want this information, I'd just like an answer. Not only will it help me but I'm also just curious about it.

FYI the only real answer I got was on the first page when someone said that women will approch guys who are more desirable than they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships