Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 01:04 PM

39 posts, read 35,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Again, unless you make a LOT of money....and do a drastic overall on your general attitude and outlook regarding women, nothing will ever change for you. EVER.
That's the idea! I want to address this issue. That is why I asked this. You gave me a decent answer earlier too by the way. So thanks for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 01:05 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikesRocks View Post
Very simply I was wondering if average looking women approaching me means they think they're going to get somewhere with me because I can't do better or if it means that I'm attractive enough to have them break the social norm and approch me. Maybe its both? Maybe how much and who I'm approached by women means absolutely nothing.

It doesn't matter why I want this information, I'd just like an answer. Not only will it help me but I'm also just curious about it.

FYI the only real answer I got was on the first page when someone said that women will approch guys who are more desirable than they are.
There is no one answer because no two people are the same. Some women go after what they want. Some women go after someone they think they can get. Some women are drunk.

At the end of the day - it doesn't matter at all.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:06 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
If you think a few women on a forum can speak for the intentions or mindset of every women you might come across, then you're just being silly. Stop even thinking about why people do things, it'll just do your head in.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
There is no one answer because no two people are the same. Some women go after what they want. Some women go after someone they think they can get. Some women are drunk.

At the end of the day - it doesn't matter at all.
Thanks, that's the kind of information I wanted.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:07 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Very simply I was wondering if average looking women approaching me means they think they're going to get somewhere with me because I can't do better or if it means that I'm attractive enough to have them break the social norm and approch me. Maybe its both? Maybe how much and who I'm approached by women means absolutely nothing.
You're overthinking this a lot. It's not a sociology experiment. Average-looking women are approaching you because they think you're cute and would like to get to know you better.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
If you think a few women on a forum can speak for the intentions or mindset of every women you might come across, then you're just being silly. Stop even thinking about why people do things, it'll just do your head in.
Well I guess, but there are some things like this where the general consensus is something and I've just never been informed of it. Like if a woman asked this same question we all know what the answer would be and because the way society is it makes sense.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:12 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
One thing I do know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Some folks would rate Lady Gaga as a 7, others would place her at a 2 on a good day.

Perhaps if you stopped being so superficial and judgemental you might find someone you actually like. She might be a 7, or your bff might call her a 10. Your mom will probably think she's a 2, which is probably where you learnt your soulless typecasting from.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:12 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Well I guess, but there are some things like this where the general consensus is something and I've just never been informed of it. Like if a woman asked this same question we all know what the answer would be and because the way society is it makes sense.
Actually - there are guys on here that claim that guys don't hit on the women they find most attractive - they hit on the average ones because they figure they can get laid. Then there are guys that say they only hit on women they are attracted to. Then there are guys on here that say that average women get hit on all the time.

Every person has their own opinion. And at the end of the day - only YOU have the power to go after what you want.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:13 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Sounds rather counteractive. I'm not saying I'm going to avoid attractive women or something. I'd just like to have an idea of where I "rank" so I know what to expect and maybe what things I can play to my advantage. Its really not that complicated of a concept in my opinion.
The following is going to be easier said than done, trust me, I know by experience.

DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!!!

If you really want to know "where you rank", your best bet as of right now is posting your picture on ratings sites, which may not be a good indicator of "where you rank" anyway since they are rating your picture and not you.

Hey, I used to be that way about my looks. Take it from me, you will never know where you stand with anyone, regardless of looks. You are going to have to make that call, yourself

I personally call myself average, even though I have been getting enough approval and attention from women who I found really attractive, even extremely attractive to the point of intimidation. I don't let that determine where I stand because different people have different standards. I call myself average because even at my best, most people who have 2 arms and 2 legs can achieve what I can achieve. If I get that 6-pack and chiseled face, that doesn't make me inherently better than others. I might attract certain types, but most people attract someone. Like in your case, you attract people that you are not necessarily attracted to.

Personally, the women I attract range from 7-10 (in my eyes). I don't attract 4's or below because they have crappy personalities and I rather not have anything to do with them. Now before anyone calls me shallow, there are plenty of "good looking" 4's and below's that I've dealt with and some rather "average" 7-10's that I have in my life.

If you want to know "where you rank?" My answer is, you rank wherever you want. But you are going to have to realize that yourself like I did. Once you get to that realization, plus develop a go getter mentality when it comes to talking to people, you'll be amazed what you attract.

Also, do your best to combat any entitlement mentality. You are no more deserving of what you want than anyone else. It has always been the one's whom I thought shouldn't be attracted to me (e.g. 9's and 10's) that came on the strongest to me.

I can't explain why it works that way for me.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:16 PM

8,324 posts, read 13,453,824 times
Quote:
I'm a man but I'd imagine this question goes both ways. I tend to get hit on by unattractive women quite often. I wouldn't say it never happens but I rarely have nice looking women approaching or being flirty with me. To some extent its not the norm for good looking women to approch men and I understand that.
That happened to me a lot and still does. Heck, I got approached by gay men more times than I'd like to share. Initially it creeped me out and even depressed me a bit but later on, I got used to it. It is what it is, I suppose it is slightly better than not getting hit on by anyone?

Quote:
To be honest the women I've dated in the past weren't really that great and I just kind of went with it because they were really into me and it just kind of became a thing. I've been pretty lazy in the dating game and I'm questioning how "appealing" I am before I really start trying.
Uh, you just described my sex life for the last decade or so. I have been in the same boat. Believe me, the lazy part got worse as I got older!
I despised "one night stands" but good grief that is what I hand in abundance. Some were even attractive but I didn't have any feelings. It got to a point where I didn't even want to sleep with them because I realized I was fooling myself. I wanted a relationship and still do, so I stop shagging single moms and the single ones I wasn't even attracted to. I am probably an isolated case, all men I know would hit anything that -willingly- got caught in their web.

After a while, self-loathing and depression took its toll and I stopped even trying. I flirt with girls and they flirt back but I never put in the effort to pursue any...probably there are some deep psychological or sociological issues my subconscious is dealing with that I am not consciously aware of.

Well, I got no answers or suggestions for you but I just wanted to chime in and tell you that I have an idea of how you feel. You are definitely not the only make in this situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships