Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 07:10 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,056,484 times

Advertisements

Folks, I have had enough...
In July on 2012 Ex-husband brings dear son to a restaurant. Ex husband has his new squeeze with him. In a crowded restaurant they tell dear son they THINK my ex husband has testicular cancer. Yeah, strange people I know. Miraculously, after an, alleged, visit to the E.R ex finds out he doesn't have testicular cancer just a bulged vein from working out too much.

August 2012 these two people make their way up to where we live. My children who are 14 and 18 at the time get calls from ex-husband's girlfriend, allegedly, she says their dad is dying. My 14 y.o doesn't buy it, while the 18 y.o is concerned. I call and ask, well, where is my ex-husband? In a VERY slurred voice his girlfriend says, " I can't tell you." I tell her to stop calling my kids and she says, she never called them yada yada yada, she did call them. Turns out ex husband was in jail for those three days for domestic assault on her.

It gets better, they get married.

This woman keeps trying to communicate with my son, who is now, 19, today we went to the police station and filed a report. This lovely couple is out of state now, so an order of protection is really not an option. I am so, so, so angry. I am tired. I sent many texts messages, to her today, stating how she is to leave my children alone. Of course I get the, usual, psychotic responses. I am just, so, so, so tired of it all. How can I cope with these idiots? I am about to really lose my marbles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 07:24 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
In July on 2012 Ex-husband brings dear son to a restaurant. Ex husband has his new squeeze with him. In a crowded restaurant they tell dear son they THINK my ex husband has testicular cancer. Yeah, strange people I know. Miraculously, after an, alleged, visit to the E.R ex finds out he doesn't have testicular cancer just a bulged vein from working out too much.

August 2012 these two people make their way up to where we live. My children who are 14 and 18 at the time get calls from ex-husband's girlfriend, allegedly, she says their dad is dying. My 14 y.o doesn't buy it, while the 18 y.o is concerned. I call and ask, well, where is my ex-husband? In a VERY slurred voice his girlfriend says, " I can't tell you." I tell her to stop calling my kids and she says, she never called them yada yada yada, she did call them. Turns out ex husband was in jail for those three days for domestic assault on her.

This woman keeps trying to communicate with my son, who is now, 19, today we went to the police station and filed a report. This lovely couple is out of state now, so an order of protection is really not an option. I am so, so, so angry. I am tired. I sent many texts messages, to her today, stating how she is to leave my children alone. Of course I get the, usual, psychotic responses. I am just, so, so, so tired of it all. How can I cope with these idiots? I am about to really lose my marbles.

You "cope" with these lunatics by refusing to engage them.

IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE.

Teach your children to do the same.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You "cope" with these lunatics by refusing to engage them.

IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE.

Teach your children to do the same.
Dear daughter "got it", I "got it". Dear son wants a relationship with dad, but not with his father's girlfriend. I am trying so hard to make dear son see how destructive they are. How or what can I say to my son to make him understand?

When dear son filed a police report I went outside the station had a cigarette with the hope the officer could talk man to man with dear son. Is there something I can say to dear son? He is a gentle soul, and I fear they will try to use his kindness, which mean people such as them see as a weakness, to do something horrible.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:30 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,126,710 times
You can get a restraining order and have the police serve it when they come back from out of town.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:31 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,157,939 times
Quote:

Um.

Sounds like you are a couple sandwiches short of a picnic yourself.

Sending many text messages to someone is only a way to continue the conversation. Think about it.

The older kid is 19, an adult. Why are you taking your adult son to the police station? If he feels he needs protection he can do that.

Okay, whatever. Your subject line drew me in like the smell of Kentucky Fried Chicken. Who can resist such a pile o mess.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:32 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:

The girlfriend has no legal reason to contact you, file a restraining order or some sort of order of harassment. The ex husband only has legal responsibilities for the minor child, limit it to that AND block the girlfriends numbers on your phones and email and DO NOT CONTACT HER IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM. The oldest child is legally an adult so STAY OUT OF HIS DECISION TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS FATHER and allow this child to go to the police station all by himself if he feels the need to because of the contact from the girlfriend. The minor child you legally can do something about but NOT the 19 year old so stay out of it when it comes to that child.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
You can get a restraining order and have the police serve it when they come back from out of town.
The one good thing is, they will , probably, never come up here, again. My ex-husband believes he was unjustly arrested, and the law enforcement in this area "have it out" for him. Now, when my kids go to Rhode Island I am concerned. They spend most of the summer with their grandmother, my mother. I should trust my son's judgement, though.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
The girlfriend has no legal reason to contact you, file a restraining order or some sort of order of harassment. The ex husband only has legal responsibilities for the minor child, limit it to that AND block the girlfriends numbers on your phones and email and DO NOT CONTACT HER IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM. The oldest child is legally an adult so STAY OUT OF HIS DECISION TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS FATHER and allow this child to go to the police station all by himself if he feels the need to because of the contact from the girlfriend. The minor child you legally can do something about but NOT the 19 year old so stay out of it when it comes to that child.
I cannot stay out of it when I know he will be hurt in some way by these people. I have to protect him. His father wanted my son to put his name on the mortgage to the house up here. A house I left ex husband in the divorce. IF my son put his name on that mortgage my son's credit would have been ruined as ex abandoned the house and is no longer making payments on it. I worry so much something bad is going to happen. I know I sound crazy, but I don't want my son's life ruined.

In fact my ex was supposed to take my name off the mortgage, according to the divorce decree. Now, ex had me sign a quitclaim deed so ex could, exclusively, profit from some windmill settlement. Well the house is abandoned, I had to leave ex and now I will need to file bankruptcy. This is the type of things ex does.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:30 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times
Quote:
I cannot stay out of it when I know he will be hurt in some way by these people. I have to protect him. His father wanted my son to put his name on the mortgage to the house up here. A house I left ex husband in the divorce. IF my son put his name on that mortgage my son's credit would have been ruined as ex abandoned the house and is no longer making payments on it. I worry so much something bad is going to happen. I know I sound crazy, but I don't want my son's life ruined.

In fact my ex was supposed to take my name off the mortgage, according to the divorce decree. Now, ex had me sign a quitclaim deed so ex could, exclusively, profit from some windmill settlement. Well the house is abandoned, I had to leave ex and now I will need to file bankruptcy. This is the type of things ex does.
Bottom line is your sons are adults now and they need to figure out what their dad and his wife are all about themselves. That doesn't mean you cannot tell your sons your opinion, but if there needs to be a restraining order drawn up, they need to do it themselves. Best thing to do with people like this is ignore them. Before too long it will be too boring to contact any of you when they get no response back.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:41 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
Um.

Sounds like you are a couple sandwiches short of a picnic yourself.

Sending many text messages to someone is only a way to continue the conversation. Think about it.

The older kid is 19, an adult. Why are you taking your adult son to the police station? If he feels he needs protection he can do that.

Okay, whatever. Your subject line drew me in like the smell of Kentucky Fried Chicken. Who can resist such a pile o mess.

I gotta agree with this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships