Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 04:37 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Where have you come across a tantra course that involved sex? I have never seen one.
I'm no expert on the topic and won't claim to be, but from the perspective of a layperson (no pun intended), it's rare that I see that term used outside of the context of tantric sex or tantric sexual massage. Perhaps you could educate us, or point us to resources on non-sexual tantra?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 04:39 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,899 times
Quote:
Did you know they are not primarily for couples?

And do not involve sex or religion?

And can make you much better in bed?

I'm trying to spread some helpful ideas here, particularly for the guys who are struggling with attracting women.

In my experience, classes like this also result in changing the unconscious ways you move and carry yourself -- change in a way that the gender you are attracted to finds very appealing .

Has anybody here tried this sort of thing? What were your results?
You sure it might not be that you are attracting the wrong men or could use some work on your own lovemaking skills? You keep starting these threads about why men don't have skills and so on but my experience is that as long as she participates in the festivities it's going to work out just fine. The thing being I'm not especially skilled, I just pay attention and give her what she asks for which you should be running into regularly with your lovers. Unless of course you're doing something that is inhibiting their natural tendency to go faster slower softer harder etc upon request.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
You sure it might not be that you are attracting the wrong men or could use some work on your own lovemaking skills? You keep starting these threads about why men don't have skills and so on but my experience is that as long as she participates in the festivities it's going to work out just fine. The thing being I'm not especially skilled, I just pay attention and give her what she asks for which you should be running into regularly with your lovers. Unless of course you're doing something that is inhibiting their natural tendency to go faster slower softer harder etc upon request.
Agreed. It's not rocket science. I think she's suggesting that some of the male posters here who appear to be reaaalllly clueless about women might benefit from this. I see where she's coming from, but I think that's a little like trying to teach someone to run before they've learned to crawl. It's evident from most of their posts that these guys are lacking very basic interpersonal skills and communication skills. They need to start there if they're going to have any hope.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:51 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
A brief Googling of "tantra exploitation" will reveal that most of what is taught in the West about Tantra is bastardized and skewed toward the sexual. I wouldn't go near one of those "courses" in a million years.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:39 PM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,468 times
I would love to try some classes however I haven't found any that are in my area...maybe it's time for a vacation...

Old 11-16-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Agreed. It's not rocket science. I think she's suggesting that some of the male posters here who appear to be reaaalllly clueless about women might benefit from this. I see where she's coming from, but I think that's a little like trying to teach someone to run before they've learned to crawl. It's evident from most of their posts that these guys are lacking very basic interpersonal skills and communication skills. They need to start there if they're going to have any hope.
Well said. I had intended to continue my post saying much the same but I'm traveling and on my phone, hence the brevity. Further though I have the feeling that this isn't about young men who haven't hit their stride yet but about her. Logic dictates that if you think the problem is with everyone else it's really with you.

Old 11-16-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Well said. I had intended to continue my post saying much the same but I'm traveling and on my phone, hence the brevity. Further though I have the feeling that this isn't about young men who haven't hit their stride yet but about her. Logic dictates that if you think the problem is with everyone else it's really with you.
Meh, I doubt it. She strikes me as someone with a good love life, based on her posts. I think she's genuinely trying to help some of these guys, I just disagree with her about what they need, and I think it's going to fall on deaf ears with them, anyway.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Meh, I doubt it. She strikes me as someone with a good love life, based on her posts. I think she's genuinely trying to help some of these guys, I just disagree with her about what they need, and I think it's going to fall on deaf ears with them, anyway.

To the former we will have to disagree, just a few threads down is her thread describing how rare good lovers are stating what she thinks others need to do to fix it. I'm not buying it, if there is a problem everywhere you go you are the problem. To the latter, agreed.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:32 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,765 times
Quote:
Yeah, you're probably right.

It's just hard to see them going around and around, every day/week/month here the same as the last, telling each other that it's completely hopeless, no woman will ever want them and all women are evil anyway.

I want to do something to help, y'know?

Old 11-16-2013, 06:34 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Sure, anywhere that humans go, there are a few bad apples. (Christian churches, for example -- with all the abuse and financial scandals, you wouldn't want to go near one of those places, not even for an AA meeting!)

But where have you come across a tantra course that involved sex? I have never seen one.
In my home state, for starters. It's easy to Google. I think I came across some in CA that were for couples, too. I haven't seen any that aren't about sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships