Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Looks or personality?
Looks 16 34.04%
Personality 31 65.96%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 08:17 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,273,025 times

Advertisements

100% Personality!! Having a good personality is important for me, looks next
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 08:27 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,461,193 times
Personality

Old 11-18-2013, 08:32 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,524,675 times
Rejection hurts period! I personally have never said, well at least she thinks I look good or at least she thinks I have a great personality. No matter the reason, it's gonna hurt me just the same.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:33 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,381,345 times
Personality. I think I'm awesome as sh*t in the character and personality department, but I fully realize not everyone can handle this level of awesome.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:39 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,900,598 times
But under the circumstances, "personality" might instead be "demeanor." I'd be more insulted to be rejected for my demeanor than personality, because someone would either have to be very incompatible with me or have bad judgment to refuse me a chance based on my personality. Demeanor is something I wish could be better, but have never controlled well. Getting rejected for that would be like getting rejected for my looks, somebody making a hasty judgment on something that shouldn't matter much within a relationship (actually demeanor should count even less than looks).

I wonder if the sting of rejection for personality vs. looks works differently for people who just want to hook up.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:49 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,022,216 times
100% of the time I am rejected due to what I look like. I have no idea what it's like being rejected because she didn't like my personality, so I can only say looks because that's the only experience that I have.

Not saying that I have that good of a personality that every woman just loves, but the women who I dated in the past liked my personality.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:55 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,383,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
100% of the time I am rejected due to what I look like. I have no idea what it's like being rejected because she didn't like my personality, so I can only say looks because that's the only experience that I have.

Not saying that I have that good of a personality that every woman just loves, but the women who I dated in the past liked my personality.
C'mon....

You believe every woman that has ever rejected you has done so ONLY because of your looks? Sooo... You have the perfect humor, intelligence, personality, kindness, caring ability, ability to make someone comfortable etc. etc. etc. for every woman that has turned you down?

When you stop believing this fallacy you have created in your head you will be a lot better off. I'm not saying your looks aren't part of the issue. If you believe what you said then I'm sure they are, but I promise you they are not EVERYTHING.

Personally I've probably been turned down for a ton of reasons. Not too many which girls have openly told me.

I've never had a girl say "you aren't funny enough" or "you don't make enough money" or "you're too short" or "you're too skinny" I'm typically left with reasons upon which I can only assume on my own.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:57 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,457,559 times
It would hurt both ways, but I can't imagine anyone rejecting me based on my personality.
Maybe for a long term relationship (I can be very type A and I also like corny jokes), but unlikely right off the bat.
My friends, exes, etc, call me the chameleon because I can pretty much fit in anywhere and chat anyone up and be friendly and fun in any situation.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:59 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,022,216 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
C'mon....

You believe every woman that has ever rejected you has done so ONLY because of your looks? Sooo... You have the perfect humor, intelligence, personality, kindness, caring ability, ability to make someone comfortable etc. etc. etc. for every woman that has turned you down?

When you stop believing this fallacy you have created in your head you will be a lot better off. I'm not saying your looks aren't part of the issue. If you believe what you said then I'm sure they are, but I promise you they are not EVERYTHING.

Personally I've probably been turned down for a ton of reasons. Not too many which girls have openly told me.

I've never had a girl say "you aren't funny enough" or "you don't make enough money" or "you're too short" or "you're too skinny" I'm typically left with reasons upon which I can only assume on my own.
Can't...Read...Good...

I knew someone was going to post something like this, and I EVEN tried to stop that. Oh well.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:03 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,383,698 times
Quote:
Can't...Read...Good...

I knew someone was going to post something like this, and I EVEN tried to stop that. Oh well.
Yeah, the woman you have dated in the past liked your personality. Good job.

And you said every girl that's ever turned you down was because your looks? Really, did they tell you this?

Just because the girls you dated liked your personality doesn't mean that every woman will

Tons of girls love my company, and there's plenty I couldn't get along with if my life depended on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships