Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 10:05 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times

Advertisements

Women's white-knighting is a form of codependence called "broken-wing syndrome" coupled with making excuses for lousy behavior.

Then there are the women--and there are a few on here from time to time--who are so desperate for attention that they will flirt and give huzzahs to any and every man on here regardless of what a choad he is to other people here, male or female.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 10:06 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times
They use them as emotional tampons, to get free stuff, and to bash how bad men are but in terms of sexual attraction?

Nah.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:07 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Many women do put their guy on a pedestal. They exaggerate (in their own minds) the importance of his profession as a way of enhancing their own status, make excuses for his inappropriate or violent behavior or their mistakes, cook elaborate meals for them (equivalent of showering them with gifts), etc. Women's White Knighting just looks a little different than mens', that's all.
In the context of a relationship, I would agree. But in dating, Ive never witnessed white knighting from women.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:08 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Women's white-knighting is a form of codependence called "broken-wing syndrome" coupled with making excuses for lousy behavior.

Then there are the women--and there are a few on here from time to time--who are so desperate for attention that they will flirt and give huzzahs to any and every man on here regardless of what a choad he is to other people here, male or female.
Miley Cyrus syndrome

Old 11-18-2013, 10:14 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
I'm not referring to savior white knighting (plenty of women do that), but mostly the pathetic WK who puts the other sex on a pedestal, makes excuses for them all the time, endlessly complimenting the other sex, buying a lot of gifts in hopes of making them like you, etc.
That's not the definition of the "White Knight" meme. "White Knight" meme must necessarily include the connotation of being the woman's rescuer or savior. And there are certainly women who do as you descibe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
In the context of a relationship, I would agree. But in dating, Ive never witnessed white knighting from women.
In dating, women have a couple of different memes to follow--all stemming from Disney princesses--which they do about as often as men follow the White Knight meme.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:14 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times
Quote:
I've always wondered why women don't ever white knight men. I can't ever recall an instance where a woman tried to White Knight a man she liked. But, I've seen plenty of pathetic white knight behavior from men. I can't come up with a reason for this other than women don't get as desperate as men do.
The term "white knight" needs to be retired.

White knight is just a term bitter, angry men who hate women throw around to try to shame men who are decent to women and can empathize with their point of view. Show me a man who goes around calling other men "white knights," and I'll show you a sexually frustrated guy who is jealous of guys who are more successful with women.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:16 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
A rescuer? Oh my gosh, I know a few of those.
It's not that uncommon. Heck, haven't we heard tons of guys HERE complaining about girls being with losers and bad guys instead of them?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-18-2013, 11:17 AM

102,209 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Well, imo, IRL men "White Knighting" women is rare. I've never experienced it, and I know no women who have. I think it's mostly folklore.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:26 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
The term "white knight" needs to be retired.

White knight is just a term bitter, angry men who hate women throw around to try to shame men who are decent to women and can empathize with their point of view. Show me a man who goes around calling other men "white knights," and I'll show you a sexually frustrated guy who is jealous of guys who are more successful with women.
White Knights aren't successful with women.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:37 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
White Knights aren't successful with women.
Most of the guys who get slapped with the White Knight label in this forum are married or in LTRs, and the guys labelling them as such are very obvious in their own lack of success. It's pure jealousy, is all.

Edited to add, not in the sense of the saver/rescuer/fixer type person, but any guy who seems to show sympathy or understanding to women gets slapped with that label here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships