Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 10:51 PM

113 posts, read 186,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
People do get turned down. But some don't let that stop them. They keep trying. Sounds like a tough crowd, though.
Sure guys get turned down everywhere (stop saying people) but I don't think they get turned down at as high of a rate in any environment as the night club

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetTroll View Post
No its not, not at a club in particular. Honestly its really easy to get chicks at clubs and that's why I don't like the ones there. For the most part they're having a good time and being social, all you have to do in that environment is show some interest and some girl is going to reciprocate it, you might not want them but it will happen. I feel like you're just doing a really bad job at trying and showing that's what you want.

I figure good looking girls go out to places like that assuming they're going to get hit on and all you have to do is find the ones that want that if you're going for the party chicks. That's not the kind of girl I want so I encounter a lot more failure by hitting on chicks in public places but even that works sometimes and I'm pretty average looking.

I've been into the party scene since I was 18 years old. I've been to trance, techno and house concerts of famous DJs. I've been at some of the best bars and clubs in big cities and I think you're utterly insane

Talk to any PUA guys out there. Even they will tell you the night club is the absolute hardest place to meet a girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 10:55 PM

448 posts, read 764,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerShah View Post
I've been into the party scene since I was 18 years old. I've been to trance, techno and house concerts of famous DJs. I've been at some of the best bars and clubs in big cities and I think you're utterly insane

Talk to any PUA guys out there. Even they will tell you the night club is the absolute hardest place to meet a girl
The PUA guys are retarded. Every bar and club I have ever been to is full of girls that are being social. The point of going out is to be social. You don't go to a club or concert just for the music, you go for the experience and the atmosphere.

EDIT: My point with all this is that really all you have to do here is try and deal with the fact that you're going to read the situation wrong and fail most the time but the times you make it are worth it.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Every bar and club I have ever been to is full of girls that are being social.
Yea with the people in their own social group and/or people that they already know

Quote:
The point of going out is to be social. You don't go to a club or concert just for the music, you go for the experience and the atmosphere.

Girls go out to clubs and bars to drink and have fun with their friends. You're insane if you think any of them are actually interested in meeting a guy

Old 12-16-2013, 11:36 PM

448 posts, read 764,430 times
Quote:
Yea with the people in their own social group and/or people that they already know

Girls go out to clubs and bars to drink and have fun with their friends. You're insane if you think any of them are actually interested in meeting a guy
What world do you live on? Maybe its different there. Anywhere I've ever been where both sexes, music, and drinks are present there is socializing with the opposite gender going on.

I don't know what you're doing wrong, maybe they're picking up on your negativity. If you want chicks at clubs all you have to do is go talk to a few of them and eventually you'll find one that's into you.

Like I've said before all you need to do is put in some effort to talking to them and accept that not everyone is going to be interested.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:06 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
You're likely single because of your attitude. You've gotten a lot of great suggestions, but you have an excuse for why each one won't work. You won't put yourself out there because you might get rejected...okay so you're just going to sit around and complain until someone knocks down your door? Getting rejected is part of dating. You might get rejected 99 times, but if on the 100th time you meet a great woman and start a relationship with her, then wasn't the rejection worth it? There's a really cute thread floating around with how people met their SO's. People meet in a variety of ways and sometimes when they least expect it.

I think what you really want to hear is agreement. So, yep. You're doomed. OLD is only an ego boost for women, it never works (the men I know who met their spouses/girlfriends on it are probably lying, right) for men. The cold approach will only result in rejection. Give up.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
You're likely single because of your attitude. You've gotten a lot of great suggestions, but you have an excuse for why each one won't work. You won't put yourself out there because you might get rejected...okay so you're just going to sit around and complain until someone knocks down your door? Getting rejected is part of dating. You might get rejected 99 times, but if on the 100th time you meet a great woman and start a relationship with her, then wasn't the rejection worth it?

I absolutely love hearing women talk about rejection

They make it seem like rejection is nothing bad, that any man who doesn't want to get rejected a 100 times is a coward, yet 99.9% of women utterly despise rejection and will avoid it like the bubonic plague. It is just hilarious hypocrisy. You hear stories of girls having a crush on a guy for months and even years and never doing ANYTHING about it because they are so terrified of rejection

Stop the hypocrisy guys

Old 12-17-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
What world do you live on? Maybe its different there. Anywhere I've ever been where both sexes, music, and drinks are present there is socializing with the opposite gender going on.

I don't know what you're doing wrong, maybe they're picking up on your negativity. If you want chicks at clubs all you have to do is go talk to a few of them and eventually you'll find one that's into you.

Like I've said before all you need to do is put in some effort to talking to them and accept that not everyone is going to be interested.

LOL @ negativity. Just FYI, I'm extremely outgoing and friendly in real life. I'm always cracking jokes and having fun with my friends. We usually go out with like 10-20 of us and have a blast

I just think the nightclub scene is borderline impossible to get anywhere due to the very loud music and how defensive most girls are. I see guys approaching all the time in the night club scene and crashing and burning nearly every single time. It's not really particularly appealing to me

Old 12-17-2013, 08:34 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,400,016 times
If only Brahmabull were around to shed light on this topic....

Old 12-17-2013, 08:35 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
I don't mean to sound ignorant but I've got probably a couple dozen friends and maybe a hundred or two hundred acquaintances and I've NEVER heard of anybody meeting a girl through any of these means. I live in a big city too. Everybody says they met their girlfriend through friends/university/work.
I know ONE couple who has ever married because of a bar situation.

The rest are through mutual friends, work, school, internet dating, singles meet-up groups.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:38 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
I was invited to the wedding of two customers whom I introduced (at a bar)! It definitely happens and I see people all the time talking and meeting one another. But, I don't work in a club, so it's very different. Not all bars are about dancing (most aren't, where I've lived/worked).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships