Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 05:58 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times

Advertisements

We all have a story of the wahine who we thought was the one but she/he didnt know intill it was to late or too late to act. Some of us have more then one.

Mine was in High school, Sally was a friend of my brahs girlfriend. It was love at first sight for me but for Sally it wasnt lol. We became close friends quick, and thru the years i became that guy who she would call when she was fighting with her abusive, drinking parents. I was also the guy who would walk three miles(b4 car) to her house just to talk to her, get her stoned, make her smile again and head home. We went out a lot but nothing romantic. You see i was in love with sally, and she was one of three wahines in my life who just be a look could make me studder lol. I tried at times to flirt and give her small hints to how i felt. But she seemed to not noticed.

It wasnt intell one night she asked me to come over, we talked and i just said f&%k it to myself, came up behind her put my arms around her and moved her head to the side and kissed her. She just stared into my eyes for awhile and said " i knew you had feelings but did not know how much" We layed on the couch the rest of the night holding each other.

I was moved a wk latter to another foster home in another town losing touch with her. What your story?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 06:08 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,936,282 times
I had 2 of them in college. I don't know if they're "the ones that got away." They may have never actually been interested in me. I'll never know because I never asked them. But they're the closest I ever got to being "the one that got away".

#1 I just didn't pay attention to her for whatever reason. I think she liked me because she'd get really nervous around me as if afraid to make a mistake and make me not like her. I thought she was too nerdy, and a little bit too unattractive. I didn't think she was all that unattractive, but I just didn't feel it. I couldn't be attracted to her. I wonder if that was a defense mechanism I used to avoid getting in a relationship, because I feared being in a relationship when I was that age. I also felt like her attitude was a little too negative and she seemed too depressed.

#2 I liked her a lot, and she gave me a couple of signals that she liked me too. But I was too scared of rejection to ever ask her out. I told myself that my "friendship" with her was too special to ruin it by asking her out. But it really wasn't a friendship anyways, we'd just chat pleasantries once in a while. The reality was I was too scared of being rejected by her because she was too special to me. I'd rather just pretend like she liked me than ever find out that she didn't. The last time I saw her before she graduated, she said, "Nice haircut" and I said "thanks".

Old 06-05-2013, 06:10 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
I never had a problem expressing my feelings for a wahine. with that said, I got used to rejection quite often.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:11 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
The only people that think like this are people that have a severe lack of options, this would be me by the way, when you start thinking back to high school then you know that your in a bad situation.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:12 PM

664 posts, read 1,035,858 times
Yeah, I had a really nice looking farm girl who was hot to trot for me and I didn't even know it when I was about 19-20.

My lovely Sis told her I wouldn't be interested...

Thanks so much for that Pooh!

Raaaaaaawwwr!!

Old 06-05-2013, 06:19 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,936,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
The only people that think like this are people that have a severe lack of options, this would be me by the way, when you start thinking back to high school then you know that your in a bad situation.
I have no options, because I've completely given up on dating.

Some guy told me once if you asked out hundreds of girls and got rejected by almost all of them you'd still get laid, but if you never ask any girls out you lose and never get laid.

But I just couldn't get over that hump. I couldn't ever ask anyone out. Until I asked this one girl out for lunch once when I was in my 20s. And she went. But it didn't work out after that one date, but she strung me along for a while, pretending like she was still interested in me but too busy to go out that particular day if I ever asked her again. I finally said, look, I'm done, and she said, that's fine, I'm moving anyways. And I didn't enjoy the whole experience at all, and so I never again asked another girl out. And I have since decided that I am never going to have a girlfriend.

So, yes, I often think way back to high school and college, when I still had a chance but was too scared to give it a try.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:20 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Na brah there are just very few wahine that i have fallen in love with, sally was one of them. In my 20s i had alot of one night stands and dates, till i matured. Its my opinion that we very rarely fall in love. Mostly lust, etc.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:25 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Absolutely, I have one of those. Basically the only man I've ever really had strong feelings and affection for. I made the mistake of thinking we were dating when, in fact, we were 'hanging out'. One evening I asked him if he wanted to go grab a drink and he said he had a hot date, who turned out to be his future wife.

I should have made a move or, at the very least, figured out if what we were was serious. I was young and stupid and completely missed out.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:33 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
The one who got away (so far) is a nice girl who I had a really nice date with and who I gelled with but I decided not to pursue anything with her because I was going after a girl who as it would turn out for me, was only really interested in what was in my pants. No guarantee the first girl would have turned into anything but I think we were more on the same level and may have been more compatible.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:35 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
None here that got away. I've always been with those I wanted to be with and was never with those I did not want to be with very long. No sense in wasting anyone's time by "wondering what if". Go for who you think you want then find the one you really do actually want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships