Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 09:20 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,611,888 times

Advertisements

The low self esteem type of guy who says things like "Maybe for once in my life a woman I like might actually like me back" is the type of guy who goes overboard after finding out the girl likes him.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that after she sent you the text, calling you cute and funny or whatever, you tripped out and started saying some silly shhh that turned her off.

You started petting her too hard, Lenny. Freaked her out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 10:09 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,814,788 times
Learn a few tricks.

Next time someone tells you there is no chemistry, pull out a periodic table and say "let's make some" with smoke effects coming out of your sleeves. She'll be dropping her panties for you in no time. This got me sex once...only once though. The other time I tried this the woman ran away making strange animal noises, but the people around liked it. Your mileage may vary.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
Learn a few tricks.

Next time someone tells you there is no chemistry, pull out a periodic table and say "let's make some" with smoke effects coming out of your sleeves. She'll be dropping her panties for you in no time. This got me sex once...only once though. The other time I tried this the woman ran away making strange animal noises, but the people around liked it. Your mileage may vary.
Hahaha....omg.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:45 AM

367 posts, read 697,330 times
It takes more than a few dates to find out if there is attraction.She lead you on and that wasn't right. Be glad you didn't get too involved with her because it would of probably gotten worse as it went along.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:47 AM

887 posts, read 1,100,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dport7674 View Post

you started petting her too hard, lenny. Freaked her out.
hahaha

Old 12-31-2013, 11:35 AM

99 posts, read 346,035 times
I do think something else must have happened that turned her off. Maybe something you said or did that kind of freaked her out. Honestly, I would have been a little weirded out if a guy I went on one date with told me he missed me on the second date.
She should have been honest, though, and told you "hey, I didn't really like when xyz happened, and I am not interested in seeing you any longer."
I am also guilty of being a little too forthcoming when I meet someone I like so I feel you there. It is time to move on, though.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:44 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,285,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
Pretty crappy. Sorry bro. Just dust yourself off and keep on going. Maybe she saved you from her
This is likely what it is. She was likely scared that she had a good time with a guy that was nothing like other guys she dated. Maybe the other guys treated her poorly in the past, but she can't seem to get enough of those types of guys. Much like the saying of the heart wants what the heart wants.

There is a good thing to this though. You may have triggered her hangup and caused her to reevaluate some things. You don't get her in the end, but you stopped the vortex from spinning. Hopefully with the next guy, she will be more open to taking a chance with a guy that treats her right. For now, I think you just scared her and she's not used to that. She's likely used to being really caught up and infatuated with a guy that likely isn't into her as much as she's into him. Maybe you helped her turn the tide.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:17 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
She was a jerk, I'm sorry that happened to you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-31-2013, 02:40 PM

17 posts, read 54,239 times
I thank all of you for the great feedback; your input has made me feel much better about this situation. Happy New Year to all of you.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:29 PM

30 posts, read 40,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyHarry View Post
So I went on a first date with this woman two Fridays ago. And it felt like we had more chemistry than a mad scientist's lab: conversation flowed freely and easily, much laughter, much eye contact, and a light kiss (on the lips) at the end of the date. The next day I had to go out of state for about a week to visit family for the holidays, but before I left, we agreed to go to the movies together when I returned.

During the week when I was with my family this woman and I continued communicating via email, and our easy, effortless banter continued in the emails. At one point--on my birthday, incidentally--as she was describing what she'd done that day she wrote "And then I emailed back the adorable smart funny guy I'm going to the movies with this Friday." And at the end of that email, she confessed to me that toward the end of our first date as she walked back to her car she'd thought to herself: "Why didn't you kiss him just a couple seconds longer, dummy?"

Of course the minute I saw that, I was overjoyed and figured that for once in my life, the Impossible (for me at least) Had Just Become Possible: a woman I'm attracted to might also actually be attracted to me.

The emails between us continued, right up to the day before our second date, and none of those emails indicated that she was reluctant about seeing me again.

And now we come to the Second Date, which was this past Friday. Within just the first 15 seconds of greeting her, I knew that something was Off. She quickly (and I mean QUICKLY) changed the subject when I told her I'd missed her when I was away; when we were in the movie theater she sat with her arms folded across her chest and her leg crossed AWAY from me, for the ENTIRE movie; throughout the date, her eye contact with me wasn't as consistent as it had been during the first date; and at the end of the date she gave me a hug without a kiss.

Needless to say, I was confused as hell, not to mention shocked. In fact, I was so confused and shocked that if someone had walked up to me and said "That woman you were just on a date with is actually the TWIN SISTER of the one you saw on the first date, who's sick in bed," I would've COMPLETELY believed it.

The next day, she sent me an email telling me that while she enjoyed talking to me she didn't feel any spark during our 2 dates and, consequently, had no interest in seeing me again.

I then emailed her back and asked her why she had made that comment (in the email she sent a few days earlier) about wishing she'd kissed me longer if she felt no spark on the first date. She sent me back a response, which was basically "Well what I meant was that I wished I'd kissed you longer to see if maybe that would cause a spark because I was hoping there could be a spark between us. I'm sorry if that comment misled you in any way."

Now, I know what most of you are probably thinking: between the 1st and 2nd dates, she found someone she's more interested in. And while I'm not shooting down that possibility, I'm not entirely convinced: if she'd simply met someone else, that would've been a very easy thing for her to admit to me (actually, "I've met someone else whom I feel more compatible with" seems like a slightly less painful rejection than "I feel no sparks when I'm with you.")

So, assuming that this woman told me the truth, I'm still quite confused. I guess men and women truly are different, because I would NEVER in a million years say "I wish I'd kissed you a couple of seconds longer" to a woman I wasn't attracted to.

And that's basically my question to the women out there: how many of you would make a comment like that ("I wish I'd kissed you a couple of seconds longer") to a guy you weren't Into?, a guy you felt no sparks with?

I would greatly appreciate your feedback. Thank you.
Idiot! You made so many mistakes. Why did you show her how much you liked her so soon? Why did you communicate with her so much? Why did you not ignore her for a while? Why did you tell her everything about yourself?

Email?! Are you kidding me, email?! Why are you emailing a girl your trying to date? You email co-workers or relatives. You either call or you send short and sweet texts. You don't conversation over text or email or even on the phone, especially that early in the process. You should have set the date and hit the ignore button until the night of your second date.

You had a great first date, so you should have ignored the ***** out of her. She should not have heard a peep from you while you were out of town. Make her think and wonder what your doing for Gods Sake. Get some mystery going. And your out of town with family, so you should be too busy to communicate with her. She probably thought it was weird that you were spending so much time on her while you were out of town. She could smell the desperation all over you. And then after she said she didn't want to see you, you go and ask for an explanation of why she said this and that instead of just saying "ok" and moving on.

Sorry to say but you messed this one up man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships