Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2014, 09:34 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,774 times

Advertisements

I feel a bit younger at my current age of 34 than I did back when I was 26-27 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 01:45 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,406,916 times
I was excited to turn 30. Not sure why, but I felt turning 30 meant I was officially an adult, although I was successful and on my own and taking care of my son prior to that.
I revelled in turning 40. Even treated myself to a weekend vacay. I'll be 43 this year and I feel better at this age than I've ever felt. I was still awkward in my 20s to late 30s, but now, I'm more confident and look better than I ever did. Now if only I can get out there and start dating again...
Stop dwelling on what you don't have and focus on what you do and be thankful for it. Then everything else will fall into place.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:19 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,643,385 times
Now that I am 30 it time to get it together and do what ever I have to do to be successful. The funny thing is when I was younger older woman not to old only like less then 5 years old would always hit on me but I was to shy so I did not really take advantage.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:39 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I wouldn't worry about it.

If you have options at 25, you'll have options at 30, and 40, and 50 and beyond.

I've seen female posters who are in their 50s and 60s posting about how guys are just too unattractive and too short, and chasing after hot guys. Yes, in their 60s.

Which is not to say anything is wrong with that, but that you guys will still have options and get to choose until probably you croak. More practically, probably age 65-70+.
Women who are like that have plenty of baggage and probably never graduated out of the high school mentality. I try to avoid women like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Now that I am 30 it time to get it together and do what ever I have to do to be successful. The funny thing is when I was younger older woman not to old only like less then 5 years old would always hit on me but I was to shy so I did not really take advantage.

Same here. By 30 years old one should either be focused, or know what they want to do, or already be in an career or good paying job. Even though I'm 30 I still feel like a 20 something. I still have to push myself still try my best to be successful however I'm no where near perfect. Now that I'm 30 I'm looking to move out of NYC, but also looking at my health, physically and financially, now I also want to find a suitable mate to settle down which is the hard part. And again their is a good chance I may have to settle with a woman with some significant baggage from previous unsuccessful relationships!

Old 01-04-2014, 10:17 PM

353 posts, read 458,593 times
I'll be 30 in a few months. It really doesn't bother me to be honest. I look younger than I am. I still get carded most of the time when I buy alcohol. The only thing I think I am going to change is my diet and drinking habits. I love beer, and I've kinda let myself go over the past year. As a result I am starting to put on weight, so I plan on doing something about that. But otherwise I am definitely in a better spot than I was in even just a year ago. I have a good job with lots of room for growth. I just got a raise and a promotion. I just bought a new car and moved into a new place. I will also be finishing school this year and finally putting that behind me. I could care less about dating so I really can't comment on that aspect though.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:54 AM

1,000 posts, read 2,352,377 times
ummm...mileage will vary, but:

me at 20 = living in a one room dorm with another dude and living off of ramen noodles.

me at 25 = living with family and saving money as a priority due to multiple yearly job-loss scares over education budget cuts.

me at 28 = living in my own house with a solidified career.

...to hell with going back to my early/middle 20s. Turning 30 is perfectly fine with me. As for dating, I look and dress better than what I did when I was younger. I have more common sense and a better understanding of what I want to be and how I can get there. Life is far better for me.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:26 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
It may not feel like it, but 30 is still young. 30 is also not past your prime at all, you are just heading into your prime.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:32 AM

258 posts, read 230,212 times
Interesting thread. I strongly prefer women who are in the 28-32 range because imho it's the best combination of younger looks with solid enough life experience. Plus they tend to not have children at that age yet and that's a big plus in my book. (I def want my own some day but not someone else's).

When I turned 30 about 4 years ago I didn't care because I never look my age anyway. In fact, I had to grow a beard recently just to look 30ish and I'm 34. Without it I usually get 28 at most.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:20 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchromesh View Post
Interesting thread. I strongly prefer women who are in the 28-32 range because imho it's the best combination of younger looks with solid enough life experience. Plus they tend to not have children at that age yet and that's a big plus in my book. (I def want my own some day but not someone else's).

When I turned 30 about 4 years ago I didn't care because I never look my age anyway. In fact, I had to grow a beard recently just to look 30ish and I'm 34. Without it I usually get 28 at most.

I agree with you here on this. My bracket is between 25 and 32, again young and with some bit of experience, also have plenty oc commonality. I also prefer my women to be at least college educated or to some extent career driven. Also the women who are educated tend to be childless or if anything maybe one child at most. But I too also want my own kids and do not want to be in a relationship with a woman with kids from a previous relationship.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:45 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,737,395 times
Yup, life is short...finding a good partner seems to only get harder with age. But, you shouldn't be out there to just meet someone based on the fear of old age, basing anything on fear (besides death or serious injury) isn't a healthy way to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships