Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 05:36 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,692,400 times

Advertisements

So, apparently most men don't want to seriously date or marry a woman with a high number of sexual partners (let's say ~10).

Most men here seem to believe that if a woman has sex with them too soon (1-5 dates?), or outside of an established exclusive relationship, then that means that she is not girlfriend/wife material.

Fair enough.

So does that mean that most men want a woman they like to make him EARN the right to have sex with her? Should sex be a challenge?

If I want to eventually find a LTR, should I make the man I date wait several weeks/months, even if I am sexually/romantically attracted to him too, JUST so that he doesn't think I'm too easy and become turned off? How does this work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 05:40 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,741,023 times
That's up to you to be honest.

For me I could careless how many they have been with, as long as they do not have STDs I'll be fine. I think this may come down to morals for people. If I hang out with a woman and she keeps me at sexual bay then I know a few things about her personality. Sex is rarely ever planned during the first steps of a relationship...it just happens when the time is right. If you put too much thought into it you may regret it later.

102,226 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Well, several women here have posted that they had sex on the first date with the men that became their husband, and have been happily married ever since, so I wouldn't put too much stock in the high-number issue. I think everything depends on the individuals involved. There is no single winning formula.

48,540 posts, read 34,904,021 times
It works differently for different people. There is no magical formula that will always work.

Waiting for sex merely affords YOU the time to determine someone's intentions and character.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-05-2014, 05:42 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,725 times
Talk about it and you won't even have to guess!!

Old 01-05-2014, 05:42 PM

11,377 posts, read 9,293,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
So, apparently most men don't want to seriously date or marry a woman with a high number of sexual partners (let's say ~10).

Most men here seem to believe that if a woman has sex with them too soon (1-5 dates?), or outside of an established exclusive relationship, then that means that she is not girlfriend/wife material.

Fair enough.

So does that mean that most men want a woman they like to make him EARN the right to have sex with her? Should sex be a challenge?

If I want to eventually find a LTR, should I make the man I date wait several weeks/months, even if I am sexually/romantically attracted to him too, JUST so that he doesn't think I'm too easy and become turned off? How does this work?
I predict that in most cases you will be dumped long before you have the chance to "make (him) wait several weeks/months."

How it works is go with the flow. The relationship game is very difficult.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:47 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,439,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It works differently for different people. There is no magical formula that will always work.

Waiting for sex merely affords YOU the time to determine someone's intentions and character.

^^ This.

I'm not concerned with high numbers (if 10 is apparently a really high number, that is), so long as they are free of STD's.

I also don't have an issue with waiting for sex for a while. That's fine.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:50 PM

148 posts, read 292,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post

Well you should probably understand that the men on this site are NOT indicative of the general population.

Don't try to be someone you're not. If you really like a guy and the sex happens early on, then that's fine. If the guy runs away because of it, well he probably wasn't worth it in the first place.

And if a guy has a problem with more than 10 sexual partners, he's probably a loser or way too religious.
That sounds harsh, but it's the truth.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:52 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,439,445 times
If he is "way too religious", he's going to think 1 is too many. Don't have to worry about that one. lol

Old 01-05-2014, 05:55 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,692,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueoceansandclearskies View Post
Well you should probably understand that the men on this site are NOT indicative of the general population.

Don't try to be someone you're not. If you really like a guy and the sex happens early on, then that's fine. If the guy runs away because of it, well he probably wasn't worth it in the first place.

And if a guy has a problem with more than 10 sexual partners, he's probably a loser or way too religious.
That sounds harsh, but it's the truth.
I've only had sex with 2 men so far (I'm 20). 10 seems like a high number to me, but it's all relative, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships