Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How man times have you been asked out by a woman?
1 11 22.00%
2-3 15 30.00%
4-5 7 14.00%
6-8 5 10.00%
9-11 1 2.00%
12+ 11 22.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 07:40 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,800,999 times

Advertisements

Zero isn't an option, and it definitely should be. Lucky for me, my answer is 1.

Also, I'm willing to bet almost all the 12+'s are women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 07:58 PM

957 posts, read 1,061,633 times
If online dating counts 4 (That I actually accepted a date with that were attractive) These led nowhere.. 2 dates then flakes. In their defense I'm pretty ****ing awkward but working on it..

Once in real life when I was snowboarding at the camp of camps, she was a decent female boarder. She was way more bold than I, kind of a tom-boy. She was very attractive but I didn't really like her attitude, we hung out the whole time there though. She was cute and could keep up!

I ended up seeing her for about 2 weeks before I left town, texted/talked for another couple weeks but that's it.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:58 PM
MJ7 MJ7 started this thread

6,221 posts, read 10,748,194 times
Yeah I messed up and forgot zero, my bad.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:01 PM
MJ7 MJ7 started this thread

6,221 posts, read 10,748,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
When I was an undergraduate in college it happened all the time. Since then...0. I can still get dates, but I have to do all the work; all the asking, take care of all the logistics, always push forward, etc.

I've always wondered why this is. It is almost as if all the women magically became less sexually liberated after graduating from college. Or maybe it is something I have done. It was like a sliding scale, with the most women asking me out freshman and sophomore year.

It is especially curious to me because back then as a freshman/sophomore I didn't have a plan, didn't care about doing well, shaved my head, never shaved my face, wore baggy clothes and silver chains, used improper grammar and had no table manners. Women would literally tell me that they were going to my room so that we could cuddle.

When I wised up, engaged in business deals, became clean cut, starting wearing suits everyday, and could afford to date as much as I wanted; I stopped being asked out directly. Female friends say I can come across as intimidating and not open to banter.
I find this to be true, and you have to remember that most young people are in relationships already. The older you get the more you'll find the people your age are in a relationship. Women judge a lot, so they will judge a man that has a career, takes care of himself, etc. as a hard catch. I have not had a long relationship in years (my own choice), but many girls tell me they did not try for me because they thought I would definitely have a girlfriend, most are shocked when I tell them I'm single and not looking. Then again most girls judge and think "not looking" so no chance, quite the contrary.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:29 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,852,409 times
Where's zero?

That's my answer.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:43 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,916,262 times
If you were never asked out, my question is are you out and about? Out in public? Socialize?

Old 01-14-2014, 08:49 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,852,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
If you were never asked out, my question is are you out and about? Out in public? Socialize?
All the time. I'm pretty old too. So I doubt it will happen.

I know a number of men who have never been asked out. I'm almost sure of it. You need to be above a certain looks threshold for sure as a man.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:51 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,379,362 times
Does this include online dating? I've asked out many men.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:54 PM

887 posts, read 1,101,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Does this include online dating? I've asked out many men.
Call me

Old 01-14-2014, 08:55 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,596,930 times
LMAO!!!
This thread made me remember something that happened a LONG time ago.

I was working with a young lady, about 4 years younger than me and we got along well, nothing social or outside work hours, but the job had long periods of dead time where we were the only ones in the building and we had time for long conversations.

One night out of the blue she told me that if I were to ask her to marry me she would be happy to!
Kind of caught me flat footed as we had never talked about anything even related to the subject.

I didn't take her up on the offer as I had nothing to offer her at that time, we discussed the issue and the fact we had never even dated probably was part of my decision, not that I wouldn't have liked to as she was a great gal, pretty, smart, hard working, I just wasn't in a position to take on that kind of responsibility at the ripe old age of 23.
Add to that, once we talked some more it came out she was just trying to get away from her parents. Not a reason to get married.

We never did date, but remained friends as long as I was at that job, about another 8 months, and we are still friendly when I see her as I pass through that small town.

She is divorced now, had 2 kids, I married several years later and have been married for 24 years now.

Funny thing is, the woman I married is the one that proposed too, But we had been dating a couple years first.

Maybe I'm just too shy to do the asking, but hey, if it works, it works!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships