Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 09:54 PM

21 posts, read 73,254 times

Advertisements

Because every guy assumes she is taken or is nervous of asking her out, so she remains....dateless? Or is this an urban myth promoted to give men everywhere false courage? Is it perhaps true more often than it is false?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 09:58 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,692,740 times
Just looking at some of the threads here, it seems people have a lot of expectations and prejudices against very attractive women. Whether it's high-maintenance, expensive, or snobby. I think if a man finds a woman beautiful the only way he can find out if she's single and interested is to approach her.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:58 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
Maybe they're not as beautiful as they think.

I'm not being snarky against my fellow women. I think you can be a "woman's idea of pretty" and that's why you get complimented a lot but don't get hit on much. Men may even even think you're pretty, but not the HOT type they will make a fool of themselves over.

I've had friends I thought were very pretty, beautiful face & slender figures, and they don't attract men like I think they should. Sure, they are my friends & I know they have beautiful hearts also, but even when I first met them & did not know them I thought they were pretty. They probably just aren't the "hot" type. This seems more of a "vibe" even than actual physical features, as sometimes the hot types are not really pretty from an aesthetic standpoint.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:00 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,692,740 times
What orange said. There are different and subjective descriptions of beauty. Some women "have it going on" aka "hot" and are seen as more approachable. Other women are beautiful in the sense that they are elegant and feminine and that doesn't seem to attract men much. A hot woman says "available" a lot more than a beautiful and feminine one does.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:06 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
My guess is that there probably are some. I could easily believe these types think a lot of themselves, and so turn down lots of offers because the men are not up to their standards. I knew a girl like this in HS. Beautiful girl but hardly dated. She was waiting for the kind of guys she thought she deserved.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:08 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,507 times
No most are not lonely because they have won half the battle by their looks alone which has made them desirable. There's always some guys that have the ability to go after and get them and if that doesn't happen they can rely on going after and getting what they want with greater success.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:11 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanWinchester View Post
Because every guy assumes she is taken or is nervous of asking her out, so she remains....dateless? Or is this an urban myth promoted to give men everywhere false courage? Is it perhaps true more often than it is false?
No. That's not how I've seen that it works.

A woman, no matter what her beauty, will typically have a number of options set in front of her. A beautiful woman will have many options. Lesser looking women will have less options. It's up to that woman to decide if she likes the options laid in front of her.

I have not many any women who do not have at least one relatively normal man as an option. So, in that sense, being dateless is a choice.

But, in reality, they have a certain level of man they desire. Beautiful women from what I have seen have tremendous options. Average women are typically pretty content with their choices. Some women closer to the bottom are typically not too happy with what they can get.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:19 PM

326 posts, read 313,785 times
I'm lucky the ones I go for aren't what most guys do.

Anything you've read...scrap it.

It's not what I like.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:26 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,781 times
Not in my experiences/observations as I find most beautiful gals are heavily pursued and simply wafting through choices. I'm considered to be exceptionally beautiful by most people and agencies and I've never been dateless and certainly never had every guy in a scenario be too nervous about asking me out that they don't. If anything that seems to be the first thing out of many guys mouths about how they're oh so sure no other guy has approached me when another guy did right before he entered the environment. I doubt many guys letting a gal being taken stop them from approaching as I find most guys have no to little concern for other's relationship fidelity.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:33 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,471 times
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships