Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 05:40 PM

837 posts, read 753,982 times

Advertisements

Note: If you are not a male or you don't know online dating, please stay out

I'm going to do online dating, I'm going to give it 100% effort. I don't care if I have to send out 1,000 messages to find one girl who likes me. Please help me out here. I want to have a professional take pictures of me because I always look like a retard in regular pictures. What kind of pics are good pics and how many do I need to have? What should I aim for? They will be professional pics made to look like normal pics.

I'm a good writer but I don't really know how to be funny and entertaining just with the words I write. Should I just do a regular straight forward profile or try hard to be goofy and off the wall like so many guys try to be? I don't really now how to do this. Should I hire a ghost writer?

Furthermore, what kind of success rate can I realistically expect if I do a decent job. 5% reply rate? 10% reply rate? 20% reply rate? I understand this will vary wildly but just curious for some rough ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 05:53 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,609,985 times
Professional photos would look retarded. You've mentioned you like going out on your friends yacht during the summer and partying. Just take pics of yourself doing that. Pics of when you're having fun are generally the best.

Old 08-04-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
Professional photos would look retarded. You've mentioned you like going out on your friends yacht during the summer and partying. Just take pics of yourself doing that. Pics of when you're having fun are generally the best.

they will be pro pics looking like normal pics

You're thinking pro pics as only the ones done in a silly green room with extravagant lightning. These pics will just be done with a normal quality camera by somebody who will teach me what to do to look great in the pics (how to pose and everything). They will be almost indistinguishable from normal pics - no photoshop or anything

Old 08-04-2015, 05:57 PM

Although on second thought, what you should really try to do with your profile picture is portray yourself as a badass mudda. Take an AR-15, a cigar, a Navy Seals hat, and a bottle of ****ty american beer, and sneak into the tiger or lion enclosure at your local zoo and snap a selfie of yourself with the lion/tiger and all those things in the picture. Girls will be falling for you like crazy.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:01 PM

Hire a professional photographer and a model to take fake wedding pics. Then create profile on Ashley Madison.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
Hire a professional photographer and a model to take fake wedding pics. Then create profile on Ashley Madison.

lol I am not looking just to get laid

Old 08-04-2015, 06:03 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Honestly, OP, I think your fragile ego and your tendency to beat yourself up over female lack of interest mean that this experiment will be a disaster. They say that in the 20's, women have all the advantage, and it's hard for guys to attract any interest on OLD. But maybe if you go into it knowing it will be a zoo, and that you may not get anything out of it, you could survive with your psyche relatively unscathed. IDK, though.

Get some advice about what site/s to sign up on. Some are more of a zoo than others. Good luck.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Honestly, OP, I think your fragile ego and your tendency to beat yourself up over female lack of interest mean that this experiment will be a disaster. They say that in the 20's, women have all the advantage, and it's hard for guys to attract any interest on OLD. But maybe if you go into it knowing it will be a zoo, and that you may not get anything out of it, you could survive with your psyche relatively unscathed. IDK, though.

Get some advice about what site/s to sign up on. Some are more of a zoo than others. Good luck.

this is the way I have to look at it

I have zero dating life right now and if I get nothing out of OLD, what did I lose? except for some time and money, which is fine

Old 08-04-2015, 06:18 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Take a selfie of you with a towel on.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
i am an expert on being played a fool on eharmony.
did i tell you about my blond nashville cutie that when i flew out to see her was quasimoto?
you think i make this stuff up dont you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships