Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 04:20 PM

120 posts, read 287,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
You do know there is a wealth of reliable scientific information out there about this stuff without having to rely on answers from a forum.
We've moved on from the scientific/health related part. This is a more about the relationship, emotional, and mental aspect of it. Coming to terms (emotionally) with having herpes and accurately judging whether dating a woman is worth getting it, if you don't have it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 04:53 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancerous View Post
We've moved on from the scientific/health related part. This is a more about the relationship, emotional, and mental aspect of it. Coming to terms (emotionally) with having herpes and accurately judging whether dating a woman is worth getting it, if you don't have it.
For me, no way would I be willing to contract it.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:09 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
OP, given that most people have it, how would you screen for that, since most people don't have visible outbreaks? You would be turning down this one girl, only to open yourself to the risk of getting it from someone else who would be carrying the virus without showing signs of it. Like this girl you're interested in during her outbreak-free times. Most people don't announce to their dates, "I get cold sores". It's kinda like, "well, who doesn't"? Y'know?

Old 01-29-2014, 05:18 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, given that most people have it, how would you screen for that, since most people don't have visible outbreaks? You would be turning down this one girl, only to open yourself to the risk of getting it from someone else who would be carrying the virus without showing signs of it. Like this girl you're interested in during her outbreak-free times. Most people don't announce to their dates, "I get cold sores". It's kinda like, "well, who doesn't"? Y'know?

One in six, according to the CDC have genital herpes. Hardly "most". This cavalier and uneducated misguidance is just plain bad advice.

OP the truth is no one can tell you how YOU will feel if you contract it. Just as you have concerns, so will others in the future will have concerns with you. As you see on this thread, there are plenty with a No Way attitude. You WILL encounter that attitude in your future dating. If there is future dating. If she is the one, and how can you know that now, then it is less of an issue.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:33 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
Personally I wouldn't date someone who had an std no matter how attracted I was or how much I liked them. I don't have any stds and I prefer someone who doesn't either. If I were you I wouldn't even complicate my life.... Unless you really feel that she is worth it.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:43 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
One in six, according to the CDC have genital herpes. Hardly "most". This cavalier and uneducated misguidance is just plain bad advice.
OP is talking about oral herpes. An estimated 50-80% of the population has it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187;
Personally I wouldn't date someone who had an std
It's not an std. Many people get it from kissing their parents as kids.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-29-2014 at 05:56 PM..

Old 01-29-2014, 05:52 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times
The type of herpes really has to be specified here. Are they cold sores or major blisters? You can get herpes type 2 by performing oral sex on someone with genital herpes. Herpes type 1, however, is not an STD, as Ruth already stated.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:58 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
Herpe is your best friend he stay with you until the end . He will not be with you every day but every once in a while stop by and say he will say hay. I am here to stay with no cure for me in sight I will not go down with out a fight. I am the herpe I like it raw.

Hey Dave Chappel I have not seen you in a while.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:59 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Herpes simplex virus | University of Maryland Medical Center

Herpes Viruses (Including the Chickenpox Virus) and the Eyes

Old 01-29-2014, 06:09 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Find someone without herpes to like.
He'd be hard pressed to do that since 90% of Americans have this virus.

Canerous read these threads, knowledge is power

How can a person who is responsible and has an STD, ever expect to have another relationship

How do you explain to a guy that you think you have herpes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships