Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 12:17 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,852,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I have no idea what you're saying here.
I'm saying the response to everything is that "I won't change ... you deal with the problem."

I mean. It's such a small change. You just cut back on the really sugary compliments if you are not interested. That sounds pretty easy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post

Anyway, I suggest it would be easier for you, one person, to understand this social phenomena and act accordingly than to expect millions of women in the US to change.
I already have changed. Have you read any of my posts? There's probably not a male in the world who is more realistic about his chances with any given woman no matter what they say and do than me.

But still. Thousands of women read these posts. According to my header, my posts have been read 326,221 times. Probably doing more harm than good.

But at least a few women who have already read this are in a position to make that change. Whether they do or not, is another thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 12:19 PM

943 posts, read 1,005,274 times
This complete stranger wants me to change because of something he wrote on C-D?
Hmmmm

Old 02-06-2014, 12:21 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,205,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I'm saying the response to everything is that "I won't change ... you deal with the problem."

I mean. It's such a small change. You just cut back on the really sugary compliments if you are not interested. That sounds pretty easy to me.
This makes very little sense. You are asking women, as a whole, to change the way they engage in politeness and kindness based on a small sub set of people who MIGHT misunderstand that polite kindness.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:21 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,307,619 times
My biggest problem with men is that as a woman I cannot compliment some of them without every minute action, word and detail being posted on a public forum and analyzed to death starting with the phrase:

"This female I know told me she liked the tie I wore today, does she want to hook up?"

Old 02-06-2014, 12:22 PM

542 posts, read 692,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I know most of the forum is just unproductive fun and bickering, but maybe you name one complaint against the opposite sex where someone might read your post and be like "Ok. I do kinda do that. Maybe I won't anymore."
I wish guys would take no as no. Rejection is never easy, but a polite no is still a no. It doesn't mean ask me a week later, it doesn't mean to ask me a month later, it doesn't mean to leave a love letter on my desk telling me all the ways you're attracted to me.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:22 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,640,387 times
Yeah, I think I'll continue to be polite and kind to nice people I come into contact with, even if I am running the risk of ruining their lives by making them think I am romantically interested when I am in fact not.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
This makes very little sense. You are asking women, as a whole, to change the way they engage in politeness and kindness based on a small sub set of people who MIGHT misunderstand that polite kindness.
No, I'm not.

I'm asking YOU to change.

You know exactly what I'm talking about because I know you are an attractive woman and have almost never been rejected in your life.

Part of being attractive is having many people into you that you will reject.

Are you saying that you refuse to tone down the really sugary compliments to men you have no interest in?

If I looked like a male model and I told some pudgy short woman how awesome she was and how she makes me feel great, I just 'don't expect her to get the wrong idea'?

I mean, like I said before, I'm already past that point, it's not for me. But c'mon. Have a little heart.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:28 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,640,387 times
Okay, this is just weird.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Yeah, I think I'll continue to be polite and kind to nice people I come into contact with, even if I am running the risk of ruining their lives by making them think I am romantically interested when I am in fact not.
It's 2 different things and you KNOW the difference.

Everybody does.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatooine View Post
I wish guys would take no as no. Rejection is never easy, but a polite no is still a no. It doesn't mean ask me a week later, it doesn't mean to ask me a month later, it doesn't mean to leave a love letter on my desk telling me all the ways you're attracted to me.
Now, I agree that is a problem with men yes.

Guys need to learn no means no and very first no is the last no.

One of the ways to avoid that is by being more conscious of unintentionally leading guys on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships