Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 01:40 PM

712 posts, read 2,145,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoane View Post
When you meet someone online, what are the signs of a psycho/stalker/general weirdo?
If their human and they have a ad.. their a psycho/stalker/general weirdo!

If you really want to know.. learn how to use that thing called 'body language' which is really just reading someone's aura for information.. and if you could do that.. you'd have good people understanding skills.. so until the next psycho then!

Quote:
Guess I just needed to hear it from others. My problem is I have friends and relatives telling me 'you find a problem with every man you meet and that's why you're still single - can you give this guy a chance already'. The old it-can't-hurt-to-meet-him-tune. But I can't shake the feeling it's a terrible idea. Thanks for perspective, when you've been single for a while you second-guess even guns-blazing instinct.
Hmm.. I dunno doesn't hurt to take chances once in a while.. (ever thing even the negative can be used for positive growth experiences)

And umm.. hopefully your not saying everyday.. 'I don't want to run into a psycho' because law of attraction draws to you.. what you put attention on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 01:57 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,404,202 times
Even if his intentions are fine (they probably are), the way he's going about it is very creepy and stalker like. Seems like a very needy and clingy guy.

If you don't want him contacting you anymore, then make it clear to him. Otherwise, start threatening him that you'll go to the police about this matter if he doesn't.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:19 PM

421 posts, read 676,190 times
Quote:
He seemed very nice but although we chatted via text I chose not to meet him, one reason bcz he was aesthetically-ghastly...
You should of ended all contact with him at that point.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:45 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Quote:
There has been some solid advice here which I'll definitely heed. And no, I am not jaded in thinking there is something off about a polite, caring guy who buys beautiful flowers and a book. I don't say the fellow is a serial killer, but a serial contacter cannot just be brushed off.

He is asking me to explain exactly how he makes me uncomfortable and asking for pointers as to how he can stop making me feel this way. He says I should explain to him what he should or should not do so that I don't block him again. The attention feels horrible, like a blinding light. I've just checked my Whatsapp now - there are four messages there, all in the same vein; 'Tell me what I should do so that you don't go away'.

Doubly creeped out now. I just have a very dark feeling about this guy. There is a door I feel will open if ever I agree to meet him, a door it will be nigh impossible to close. While I accept he might be harmless, psychologically for me he is not.

And to think of it, why should I be at pains to explain to him why I am going to block his number again? I realise I am encouraging him every time I reach out and say 'The thing is...'

My acknowledging him at all is feeding this monster.

You are encouraging his continued contact yet in the same breath you state he creeps you out.
So which is the truth and why do you continue to post things online when you know he is checking all the time which is even more encouragement in his mind that you are posting updates "just for him".

In lieu of the confusion as to what is the actual truth I'm not sure there is a real answer for you.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Unwelcomed contact is almost always creepy. You did tell him to stop because it was making you uncomfortable, didn't you?
Yeah don't play the"does this make you uncomfortable" game.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:37 AM

24 posts, read 46,025 times
Updating you all. Thirty-four unread text messages from him this morning. Thirty-four.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:46 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,889,845 times
How did he find out where you worked? that would creep me out.

When doing online I had a lot of creepy men. Luckily I was able to screen most of them out by comments or things they did. One guy emailed me an e-book about women being submissive even if the man was abusive, blocked. Another started insisting I meet him that day and to break my plans, blocked. Several others got clingy before meeting, also blocked. Guys that sent many messages weren't always blocked but put me on alert. Them finding out something about me I didn't tell them also got them blocked.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:50 AM

61,654 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Guts feeling...
Also copy/paste/Google parts of his/her conversation (especially if sounds somehow generic) and check if he had it, or posted from somewhere else.
I noticed that some scammers don't even bother to compose their posts...

BTW: it's fairly easy to find out things about other people. If they ever posted it online, then its there, and not a problem for a resourceful and persistent person.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:58 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Guts feeling...
Also copy/paste/Google parts of his/her conversation (especially if sounds somehow generic) and check if he had it, or posted from somewhere else.
I noticed that some scammers don't even bother to compose their posts...

BTW: it's fairly easy to find out things about other people. If they ever posted it online, then its there, and not a problem for a resourceful and persistent person.
yeah but i make sure they have no way of getting my C-D stuff, i'd be screwed

Old 02-24-2014, 01:08 AM

61,654 posts, read 87,023,434 times
^^^ How do you "make sure"? Cut off their Internet access??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships