Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 04:20 AM

20 posts, read 54,829 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend invited me to her boxing gym this past weekend. She works out in a pretty hardcore boxing gym for the workout aspects but she is actually very good at it. She's taken martial arts as well as dance for years before that and is in excellent shape. She looks like a normal, pretty young woman, she is not overly muscular or built, she is about 5'5 and 130. I have a foot and a hundred pounds on her and without hesitation, she could kick my butt in no time flat if she wanted to!
She was sparring with guys in the gym who would have destroyed me and she was not only holding her own but in many cases they were trying to keep up with her. I put on some protection gear and tried to block some of her punches and see how long I would last with her. She was holding back but it was no contest.
She smiled and laughed it off but it was strange realizing that my gf could kick my butt so very easily.
I always just thought that being a guy and naturally bigger and stronger, that I could defend my girlfriend or handle most situations.
Anyone else in a situation where your girlfriend or wife could kick your butt if she wanted to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 04:23 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark3455 View Post
My girlfriend invited me to her boxing gym this past weekend. She works out in a pretty hardcore boxing gym for the workout aspects but she is actually very good at it. She's taken martial arts as well as dance for years before that and is in excellent shape. She looks like a normal, pretty young woman, she is not overly muscular or built, she is about 5'5 and 130. I have a foot and a hundred pounds on her and without hesitation, she could kick my butt in no time flat if she wanted to!
She was sparring with guys in the gym who would have destroyed me and she was not only holding her own but in many cases they were trying to keep up with her. I put on some protection gear and tried to block some of her punches and see how long I would last with her. She was holding back but it was no contest.
She smiled and laughed it off but it was strange realizing that my gf could kick my butt so very easily.
I always just thought that being a guy and naturally bigger and stronger, that I could defend my girlfriend or handle most situations.
Anyone else in a situation where your girlfriend or wife could kick your butt if she wanted to?
Not that I can think of, but I did have one girlfriend who had a scary amount of strength. About that that point where I started seriously doubting myself if we play wrestled or anything like that.. I had to put in a little too much effort

Old 02-25-2014, 05:53 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
I'll give her the impression that she can kick my ass, but when push comes to shove... momma said knock you out

Old 02-25-2014, 05:58 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,240 times
I would not be happy if my girlfriend could kick my ass! I have had a few girls throw slaps and punches but they never hurt so I just laugh it off. I would never hit a woman though!

Old 02-25-2014, 06:02 AM

639 posts, read 678,879 times
Its depends on mood...

Old 02-25-2014, 06:14 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
You and your males friends have been programmed to never hurt or hit a girl. If it was a real fight, adrenaline kicks in, I'm sure the OP could hold his own at least if it was a guy with the same ability. But at this point in time, the OP would feel horribly guilty if he hit her hard enough to hurt her, or make her cry. Everyone else would be after him because he hurt her, especially considering how big he is. He'd be considered a mean bully. THE gf might even press charges on him. What jury or judge would not convict him????

Old 02-25-2014, 06:19 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,299,963 times
My girlfriend could kick my butt... if I turned around and bent over. She would probably injure her foot, though.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:30 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,368,659 times
Probably easily. See my last thread. I'd be seriously surprised if she couldn't.

That said, it's a major turn-on that she can. It's like, all this strength, and she doesn't build muscle mass, sorta thing. I like the idea of a woman being able to take care of herself. At the same time, I'd like to defend her, in other ways. As in, if she's got some creepy dude checking up on her, tell that guy she's not home.

I dunno, I read alot of Tarzan and stuff, and the idea of a sorta sexy amazon woman who looks ultra petite but can body-slam ppl is just so hot...

Old 02-25-2014, 06:41 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,167,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
You and your males friends have been programmed to never hurt or hit a girl. If it was a real fight, adrenaline kicks in, I'm sure the OP could hold his own at least if it was a guy with the same ability. But at this point in time, the OP would feel horribly guilty if he hit her hard enough to hurt her, or make her cry. Everyone else would be after him because he hurt her, especially considering how big he is. He'd be considered a mean bully. THE gf might even press charges on him. What jury or judge would not convict him????
That pretty much says it all even if the OP doesn't want to admit that. In reality it seems like a lose-lose situation if he try to truly fight her exactly like a man and use 100% of force.

You win: Not only labelled for life as a woman beater but beaten by the other guys or arrested, followed by your clean record permanently ruined, not allowing you to get into the fields you desired.

Note: Even the Indian guy in the game show who slapped back the female contestant got jumped by the other guys and his reputation/career for sure is now ruined for the longest. This was even publicize on youtube and even on certain web pages so now everyone knows it. Now the guy has to probably file a lawsuit against the show and pray he wins the case but very unlikely.

She dodges every hit and still wins: You might still get ridiculed for losing against a girl and that rumor will also be spread out.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:39 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Lots of guys are scared to date me because I am tall. It cuts them down in their manlihood. Some don't even want to stand next to me. Or if we stand on a hillside, we have to switch places so they can look down on me ...

People expect from me to be strong. Mentally and physically.

However, I am super weak. I work out regularly, have toned arms and legs but I can hardly lift anything. I always need help. Maybe I should tattoo it on my forehead that I am just as feminine as shorter women ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships