Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 12:11 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Yanagita View Post
Uh, yes. And you accused ME of not knowing anything about women?

Be my valentine = spend an inordinate amount of money on me.
First of all, I never accused you of not knowing anything about women. And secondly, be my valentine does not equal that. I would assume that it meant that she wanted to do something with him on Valentine's day. But whether or not it meant the same thing to her, I don't know why you are assuming lavish gifts and money when he made no mention of anything of the sort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 12:17 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
I'd find the behavior completely normal. It was two dates for pete's sakes!!! I wouldn't expect or want attention from a man on Valentine's Day that I really barely even know.
I think the most reasonable thing would simply be to address Valentine's Day, not pretend it doesn't exist.

After two dates, I don't think there need to be any gifts purchased. It would be better, IMO, to say "Valentine's Day has such awkward expectations to it. I don't feel comfortable celebrating in a big way when we're just getting to know each other. Would you like to go ice-skating and get hot chocolate afterward on the 14th?" or something like that.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...ZKv0x_ULuDxHaw

Old 03-03-2014, 12:20 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOver View Post
Was seeing a woman for a month...beautiful, brilliant (in her profession anyway, she's an RN) And we only had a couple of hiccups..last month she got mad at me because I did not ask her "to be my valentine", I told her we had only been dating a couple of weeks (And we only had a couple of dates) and if she were my partner I would have made her happy. I also mentioned to her nothing stopped her from asking me either...I am old fashioned but she could have.

So Saturday I'm gearing up for Date #4, I have reservations at Wollensky Grill she tells me that morning she didn't feel a connection. Now 2 years ago I would have asked why why why what did I do, but I've recently restructured everything in my life..including my thinking. I told her "Ok" and left it at that, then she calls me 20 minutes later explaining and I told her it wasn't necessary. She asked how I could walk away so coldly, and I told her she was the one who wanted to take a break. I told her I was 45 years old and the perfect woman is out there waiting for me..and I wasn't going to keep her waiting by spending time with someone who didn't want to be with me.

Now she's called me 4 or 5 times since then, wants to grab lunch today and now honestly I'm turned off. She's a stunning woman who can get any guy she wants, but her actions this weekend made me a lot less attracted to her.

I'm not questioning my decision making here but it does baffle me why she did this. Thanks for letting me rant! - Chris

I'm not seeing any games, you honestly just sound like a jerk.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Yanagita View Post
We're talking about differences in terminology here, you say "do something with him on Valentine's day," I say, "spend a bunch of money on me."

They're both the same thing. But since you're a woman, and have largely no concept that dating, entertaining you, making you feel sperrrrcial costs a lot of money, since dating doesn't cost you anything.

And you did accuse me of not knowing anything about women on the other thread.
Women are the devil.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:21 PM

863 posts, read 1,129,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I'm not seeing any games, you honestly just sound like a jerk.
Wow. The woman says she doesn't feel a connection, he responds healthily, she gets pissed off because of this and HE'S THE JERK????

Men can never win.

OP you did the right thing.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:25 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
Unless OP is a mind reader, how was he supposed to know she wanted to be his valentine if she didn't tell him? Mind you, they only had 2 dates. OP had this experience in the past:

...so even if he did want to be her valentine, he didn't want to risk it ending the same way as that other woman. Now he was wrong for not assuming that she'd be interested in being his valentine.

Men can never win.

Wow. The woman says she doesn't feel a connection, he responds healthily, she gets pissed off because of this and HE'S THE JERK????

Like I said above, men can never win.

OP you did the right thing.
My only point was that the poster was making a huge leap from what the OP said.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:25 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Women are the devil.
We have no more questions for the witness, Your Honor.
We rest our case.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
We have no more questions for the witness, Your Honor.
We rest our case.

Don't make me poke you with my fork.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:28 PM

863 posts, read 1,129,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
My only point was that the poster was making a huge leap from what the OP said.
Sorry. I retract that post then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships