Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 02:52 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,070,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Its just that women did not find him interesting and could not relate with him on one on one. Even if women got to know him they would be turned off due to a disconnect. Again this is part of my observation. Also guys need to stop being less introverted. Women in general like very social extroverted men.
It's probably his personality then. Which still has nothing to do with beliefs and interests. That was simply my point. Not sure what him being atheist or the other one being spiritual and knowing fashion, oh and having no job or money, had anything to do with being relateable.

Please men. Just be who you are. I sure as hell don't want a very social extrovert (and Bronx, you're using the terms incorrectly, you can have very social introverts too). Or at least act like what you want. The minute you change who you are, you will attract a different type of person, but do you want that type of person?

I forced myself to be more outgoing and caught the eye of a lot more outgoing men. Problem was, being outgoing drained me and when my true self came out, the guys were bored, because they HAD to go out all the time. I can't keep up with social butterflies, so I stay away from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
That's part of my problem im kinda quiet and shy around people i dont know and dotn know what to talk about amongst strangers,even amongst good friends i open up but im not one of these people who can talk for hours and hours i dont think theyres that much stuff to talk about..i get bored after awhile

As i said though i do open up once i get close to you and trust you plus when i know somebody i can draw on things to talk about that i know about that person or something i can say that i know that perosn would relate to or know about about as opposed to strangers i dont know..

But its hard to meet women that way because you usually only get a few minutes to make an impression and be entertaining and/or interesting and thats not my strength at all..
This is when you ask questions about them and continue with follow up questions. I hate doing it, i'm like you, but when necessary I just make the conversation all about them. Most people will start to ask questions back and then the conversation gets easier. I wouldn't be able to sustain an hours and hours long conversation with someone I don't really know either...unless we just clicked.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:19 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think that people with good social skills probably prefer partners with good social skills as well. It's hard to get to know someone or even carry on a conversation with them if you have good social skills and they do not. I think it's probably even hard to overcome this with really good looks.
Men are different. Some men who are out going conversationalists do not mind being with women who don't have good social skills. Its different for women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
It's probably his personality then. Which still has nothing to do with beliefs and interests. That was simply my point. Not sure what him being atheist or the other one being spiritual and knowing fashion, oh and having no job or money, had anything to do with being relateable.

Please men. Just be who you are. I sure as hell don't want a very social extrovert (and Bronx, you're using the terms incorrectly, you can have very social introverts too). Or at least act like what you want. The minute you change who you are, you will attract a different type of person, but do you want that type of person?

I forced myself to be more outgoing and caught the eye of a lot more outgoing men. Problem was, being outgoing drained me and when my true self came out, the guys were bored, because they HAD to go out all the time. I can't keep up with social butterflies, so I stay away from them.
Not all introverts are not social, some introverts are social, but generally speaking introverts probably do go out as much as lets say an extrovert. I don't think I used a term incorrectly, you just don't agree with me which is cool.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Men are different. Some men who are out going conversationalists do not mind being with women who don't have good social skills. Its different for women.

I'm sure there are some women and some men with good social skills that don't mind dating someone with out good social skills but it's not the norm - and I don't think this has anything to do with gender. And when I talk about social skills - I'm not talking about being outgoing.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Not all introverts are not social, some introverts are social, but generally speaking introverts probably do go out as much as lets say an extrovert. I don't think I used a term incorrectly, you just don't agree with me which is cool.
How social you are has nothing to do with being an ex/introvert. Maybe that's what you're saying. I guess I'm just not getting your posts since they're filled with things that don't need to be a part of it. Like interest in the empathy post and being ex/introverted in relation to being social. Oh well. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:07 PM

UOTE=Dewdrop93;34095825]I'm sure there are some women and some men with good social skills that don't mind dating someone with out good social skills but it's not the norm - and I don't think this has anything to do with gender. And when I talk about social skills - I'm not talking about being outgoing.[/quote]

I'd agree. No matter if the person is a total loner, he'd better know how to act in public and be somewhat okay in social situations.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:52 PM

543 posts, read 534,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post

That's nice and all. Until you realize that it has gotten you nothing.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
That's nice and all. Until you realize that it has gotten you nothing.
You're right. Because women love and stay with men who fake who they truly are.

Most people can't change their personality, it's not easy. You can fake it, but usually the truth comes out and the woman no longer likes the person you truly are. I guess if you're fine with that or can actually change yourself, more power to you.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:38 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
I can't put my finger on this idea so I thought I would just throw it out there. When I read posts from guys who have a tough time in the dating arena there is a consistent pattern of an inability for both men and women in the real world to relate to them.

For example, maybe their whole world revolves around online message boards or things like Reddit. Maybe they play video games on their free time. Maybe they watch Japanese cartoons all the time. Maybe they read comic books or fantasy novels or science fantasy novels. Activities which the vast majority of people cannot relate to in the real world.

Is this a correct observation? Would the solution be to become more relate-able? What say you?
Hmm. It's not really relateability.

I can't even count how many women have rejected me who said I was really easy to talk to. Okay, I can count. It's probably around 10 or so in my life.

What I will say is that women like men with a certain type of sense of humor. Either the really confident sexual type of humor (Vince Vaughan, Swingers) or the Steven Colbert sense of humor.

Like 50% of women fall for one, and 50% for the other. Basically if you're a guy who sits around and plays video games and you like movies like Dumb and Dumber and Old School and stuff, you get no points.

It'll be really hard to beat the macho guys and the witty guys and it's very difficult to learn that stuff if you didn't grow up with that persona.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:50 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Hmm. It's not really relateability.

I can't even count how many women have rejected me who said I was really easy to talk to. Okay, I can count. It's probably around 10 or so in my life.

What I will say is that women like men with a certain type of sense of humor. Either the really confident sexual type of humor (Vince Vaughan, Swingers) or the Steven Colbert sense of humor.

Like 50% of women fall for one, and 50% for the other. Basically if you're a guy who sits around and plays video games and you like movies like Dumb and Dumber and Old School and stuff, you get no points.

It'll be really hard to beat the macho guys and the witty guys and it's very difficult to learn that stuff if you didn't grow up with that persona.
Old School is one of my favorite movies. Dumb and Dumber - not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships